Do You Think Ray Peat Has A Photographic Memory?

RWilly

I'm always amazed how quickly he can name studies, dates and authors in his interviews.

he seems to have an exceptional memory. I have never encountered a person like him. I think he quite literally is a genius.

lampofred

I think one time I heard him pull out a story from a newspaper he read one morning in the 50s...

I too think he is a bona fide genius. I haven't come across anyone else that seemed to be even close to his level of intelligence. But he is so humble that he will just say he's not special at all and that anyone can be like him if they just take enough thyroid...

OP
RWilly

RWilly

But he is so humble that he will just say he's not special at all and that anyone can be like him if they just take enough thyroid...

I love that humbleness about him. And he is such a kind and giving person.

Ashoka

Isn’t what’s crazy about Peat that he is authentically dedicated and curious, like what a good scientist should be? He maintains those qualities in multiple spheres of interest - a general curiosity about life. When you feel interested and engaged in life and what you’re doing, memory works incalculably better. He always emphasized meaningful work. But yes, he’s also clearly very intelligent. Each of these qualities builds on the other. I’ve known people as intelligent but not as dedicated.