Do you take thyroid if you are running a fever

Normally I use about one Cynoplus per day this time of year. I have a fever. Do I still take thyroid?

sweetpeat

That's a good question. I don't know if one should, but I usually do. I figure I need the energy to fight off whatever is causing the fever. I guess if is makes you feel worse you could lower the dose a bit. But I've always found keeping my usual dosing makes me feel better. Extra pregnenolone usually helps too.
Curious to see what others do.

Beastmode

Normally I use about one Cynoplus per day this time of year. I have a fever. Do I still take thyroid?

Great question. I wonder if it can help speed up the process of whatever needs regulating, even if it bumps the body temp up a bit.

I haven't had a fever in years, but depending on other symptoms that might be accompanying it, thyroid seems like a good fit.

Aspirin might be a good one as well.

SOMO

If your fever was higher, I'd advise against it, but 101.5 is still in a semi-normal range.

I guess you'll have to resort to the old self-experimentation thing and see how it feels. Take some thyroid and take your temperature hourly. If you don't post here again in 24 hours I'll have to assume you're a goner and the experiment did not work.

Maybe keep some cabbage and broccoli on hand to lower thyroid in case of a bad thyroid reaction. In all seriousness, if your fever rises past 103 and you start to feel uncomfortable in your body, call an ambulance.

OP
ecstatichamster
If your fever was higher, I'd advise against it, but 101.5 is still in a semi-normal range.

I guess you'll have to resort to the old self-experimentation thing and see how it feels. Take some thyroid and take your temperature hourly. If you don't post here again in 24 hours I'll have to assume you're a goner and the experiment did not work.

Maybe keep some cabbage and broccoli on hand to lower thyroid in case of a bad thyroid reaction. In all seriousness, if your fever rises past 103 and you start to feel uncomfortable in your body, call an ambulance.

lol. I would not call an ambulance for 103F. I reached 105F last year for a few hours. Got better

Rafe

If you think about thyroid as a metabolic regulator & not only as a substance that increases the metabolic rate only, then I think you could approach taking Cynoplus during a fever as helpful. Or, not automatically increasing temp regardless of condition. I mean, RP says he originally took it to bring down a very high metabolic rate.

But also, the T4 will have a long half-life. So I think these are reasons to be okay with either choice. As you say, it’s a significant fever, but not super high.

Following, so let us know how it goes. I’ve been following your neuropathy thread too.

mrchibbs

lol. I would not call an ambulance for 103F. I reached 105F last year for a few hours. Got better

Yeah! Ray has a few nice quotes about fevers and what they're doing.

I experienced a 104F fever last year and I sort of felt great at that temperature even though I was sick, and it certainly cleared some things out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals