Do you need extra calcium with high dose k2?

Sagitarrius90

Hello all,

Along side vitamin d does one need to take extra calcium if you consume high dose vitamin k?

Lately sleeps been really bad I wake up and can't go back to bed. I can fall asleep just wake up alot. I take magnesium around 600mg a day, 6000 IU d3, 12000iu vitamin A and just started today 15mg k2 before that maybe 2mg a day. Would my insomnia tie back to perhaps low calcium? It actually all started when I started taking more vitamin D because of the winter.

Don't want to supplement calcium if it's actually causing my issues but I've read it depletes calcium at high doses.

dukesbobby777

I get insomnia from D3, hence i don’t take it. I think it has that effect for some people. No idea why. Not sure what my levels are.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Yeah I think ever since I started taking D3 which would have been this past weekend I started to wake up earlier and didn't have the need to go to sleep. Now I fall asleep good but when I wake up I can't go to bed. I am thinking it's liver issues but weird ever since I started to take d3 this all began (Not saying the liver issues are because of d3)

I'll stay away from D3 for a small while, keep my calcium and magnesium decent and see how this goes.. two days in a row now where I am waking up middle of the night and can't go back to bed - don't have any stress issues but perhaps I am taking too much pansterone which I have since stopped

Mossy

Hello all,

Along side vitamin d does one need to take extra calcium if you consume high dose vitamin k?

Lately sleeps been really bad I wake up and can't go back to bed. I can fall asleep just wake up alot. I take magnesium around 600mg a day, 6000 IU d3, 12000iu vitamin A and just started today 15mg k2 before that maybe 2mg a day. Would my insomnia tie back to perhaps low calcium? It actually all started when I started taking more vitamin D because of the winter.

Don't want to supplement calcium if it's actually causing my issues but I've read it depletes calcium at high doses.
Unless you’re taking vitamin D late in the day, I’d guess it was the vitamin A messing with your sleep. I believe it messed with my sleep when I took it in the past, daily.

Brandin

Yeah I think ever since I started taking D3 which would have been this past weekend I started to wake up earlier and didn't have the need to go to sleep. Now I fall asleep good but when I wake up I can't go to bed. I am thinking it's liver issues but weird ever since I started to take d3 this all began (Not saying the liver issues are because of d3)

I'll stay away from D3 for a small while, keep my calcium and magnesium decent and see how this goes.. two days in a row now where I am waking up middle of the night and can't go back to bed - don't have any stress issues but perhaps I am taking too much pansterone which I have since stopped
when do you take the d3? I think its connected to the circadiam rythm. It signal the same as sunlight in the morning i think, hence why you should take it in the morning...

@Nick Borcic I think that's too much Vitamin A, I take 900mcg with D3 and K1,K2 mk4 + 7 in one pill, this one and with a fatty meal;
1611411647996.png

Last edited:

golder

He was opposed to taking more than 1 mg. I suppose you could try progesterone.
A milligram, that’s like thousands of times the endogenous production. Do you have a source for this so I can have a read?

baccheion

A milligram, that’s like thousands of times the endogenous production. Do you have a source for this so I can have a read?
Full replacement of peak levels achieved just before puberty is done with 0.5-0.8 mg. Most in a study achieved replacement with 300 mcg and they were in their 60s. Taking a sustained-release version dampens even more while better mimicking the natural pattern.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

BUMP- sleeps been amazing since taking vitamin A with D3 and magensium I think is the missing link. My sleep has been the best it's been in years and starting to feel healed aka never feel stressed - feel high dopamine symptoms like calmness, happiness, optimistic, feeling the emotions I felt when I was a teenager and the biggest one of all - I dont feel like a bag of **** when I wake up even after 9 hours of sleep- as well I wake up maybe once a night vs 4-5 times.

golder

Very very interesting! Great to hear you’re having success with it. What dosage/timing/version of vitamin A, D3 and magnesium are you using? Fingers crossed it continues to help you.

@Nick Borcic You could be right, I have just started incorporating Vitamin A, D + K1/K2 in one pill, think I have been low in Vitamin A, sleep is way better.
This is the one I use
1611600278796.png
1611600321643.png

Also take 400mg Magnesium Oxide.

shine

I would like some opinions on whether or not you think 4000 IU D3/day is too much when consuming 2000mg of calcium daily.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

@shine Me as well. I've been using vitamin a, k and magensium alongside my vitamin D and I am not sure whether this is pushing calcium down too much -

Most days I do 10,000 iu D , 25,000 iu A 4 mg K2 (Kunione) and 600 magensium, if I go higher I bump up mag and vitamin a as well as K

Body feels cold and I read that you can feel cold because it depletes magnesium which activates B1 which has a major role on glucose metabolism. Cant seem to think I would be depleting mag when I am supplementing a lot of it so I doubt that's why I feel cold. Only other idea is that it lowers cortisol exposing low metabolism and I am starting to think it is that