Do you love and believe in extra virgin olive oil. Tell us why.

Jehonadab

For some reason I want to believe and I am inclined to believe that extra virgin olive oil is nothing but good for humans internally and topically as long as it's the real thing. There are conflicting opinions about it thhough so I would like to start an interesting and valuable thread about peoples experiences with it. I like anecdotal evidence, so sue me. Please include the brand or brands you have used because it's clear that there is much fraud in this industry

mariantos

Carli, extra-virgin obtained by cold pressing. It's cheap and enjoyable!

I like olive oil, it is my favorite oil, it can be of all types, just not counterfeit, but you can easily tell if you are a loyal consumer. It is healthy consumed in moderate amounts, undoubtedly.

Dave Clark

I use the Life Extension's EVOO, it is organic from California, and it is good, you can tell by the peppery polyphenols you get at the back of the throat when consuming. If you like buying USA, Bariani from California is another good organic EVOO.

Olives are a fruit, as Dr. Peat pointed out, and have multiple positive properties, as the oil it is not a seed oil. It does have PUFAs so you can’t eat too much. And always raw.

If the olive oil are from spain i find it too fruity.

Someone gave me that peppery taste i forgot which country maybe italy or middle east?

amd

Some varieties are higher in PUFA content and have a shorter shelf life. Most labels only show the saturated fat content.

DMF

I do love and believe in extra virgin olive oil - but only in my dreams.
What's available to consumers hardly qualifies as olive oil - or even anything that should be consumed !

I have tried and tried to like Olive Oil and every time I go back to unsalted butter- I'm going to chalk it up to my ancestry - butter butter butter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals