Do you log food calories, timing and body temps/pulse?

Do you log food calories, timing and body temps/pulse?

• No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I occasionally log them

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I often log, but not consistently

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I consistently log food/calories and body temps and pulse

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
OP
A

aquaman

I raise this because from logging more consistently I'm already starting to see patterns and improve things.

Also, it's incredibly easy to eat high fat. Yesterday I though I had a pretty balanced day, and ran through my days' food at the end of the day, thinking I'd be around 30% fat, 40% carbs, 30% protein, and I hit:

60% FAT, 20% carbs, 20% protein

It's so easy with coconut oil, milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, egss, to be way too heavy on fat. I'm aiming 50%+ carbs at the moment, wow that was way off!

I thought I was a bit high on fat, without logging I would have had no idea.

My gut feeling is that very few people on this site log at all, let along consistently. I'm sure it's a large part of the reason few people seem to be making real progress.

HDD

I occasionally take pulse and temperature but I haven't logged foods in quite a while. It would be good to check my diet again. I am taking cynoplus so I have to eat or I will crash my metabolism.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I check everything but never log the info. It probably wouldn't hurt though. I've never felt better and I think back on when I micro managed everything in hopes of feeling better but it never worked for me. That's why trusting myself to do what feels like it is helping is so important as compared to a set of numbers or rules.

OP
A

aquaman

Blossom said:
I check everything but never log the info. It probably wouldn't hurt though. I've never felt better and I think back on when I micro managed everything in hopes of feeling better but it never worked for me. That's why trusting myself to do what feels like it is helping is so important as compared to a set of numbers or rules.

I find I can only tell patterns by looking back on a few days' worth of logs. I couldn't do this unless I could glance over my calorie intake from each meal and macronutrient mix

Certainly I've been too low with carbs recently and didn't realise, and can see how it was affecting my sleep and energy.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You've inspired me to log everything for a week! Thanks, I'm sure to learn something.

Ben

The stress hormones can increase both body temperature and pulse, and I have a problem with stress hormones, so I have no idea what's the point of logging them, especially for me. For a person with low stress hormones, low thyroid, it can work to some extent. However, once a person wants to stay right under hyperthyroid or slightly hyperthyroid, it can't be used to determine what the appropriate dosage is. Feeling how one feels seems like a better way to determine dosage.

OP
A

aquaman

Ben said:
Feeling how one feels seems like a better way to determine dosage.

Logging also involves sleep, digestion, mood, energy. It allows you to see how these respond to what you eat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals