Do you know a Peaty MD who will do Zoom visits?

AlisonG

One good thing about the pandemic is that it forced many MD's to expand into telehealth visits, which opens-up the options!
If you know one who has been helpful to you or a loved one, balancing hormones and:
- Understands using temps in addition to labs for Thyroid dosage
- Understands the importance of getting cortisol levels right before correcting Thyroid
- Uses saliva testing
(also would be great if...)
- Understands why NDT is better than monotherapy
- Doesn't encourage estrogen supplementation

Please! I would SO appreciate the recommendation!

Peatful

Josh Rubin. More so than Jeanne Rubin.
At East West Healing.

Counselors not MD.

I know one person that went to them with decent results; and she had A LOT going on. I can not endorse first hand or deeply.

Peatful

Thanks Peatful, but I need an MD for prescriptions.
I didn’t see that deal breaker in your OP.

My friend J was post cancer; a hormonal mess; a mental mess; couldn’t sleep etc. and Josh got her off of everything she was on.
No thyroid. No sleep meds. No hormonal creams. No SSRIs.
He did it all through nutrition.

Peek at his YouTube or IG stuff if you ever have time or interest.
Very few people need thyroid rx once healed.

haidut

Forum Supporter
One good thing about the pandemic is that it forced many MD's to expand into telehealth visits, which opens-up the options!
If you know one who has been helpful to you or a loved one, balancing hormones and:
- Understands the importance of getting cortisol levels right before correcting Thyroid
- Uses saliva testing

In a very fortuitous event, I was contracted a few days ago by Dr. Craig Koniver, MD of KoniverWellness down in Charleston, SC. Apparently, he found my posts and reached out to have a quick discussion on topics like endotoxin, serotonin, PUFA, cortisol, obesity, etc. We chatted for about 30min-40min and he and his nursing assistant seemed like great people, very approachable and, obviously, very knowledgeable. Towards the end of the call I asked if I can mention his practice to people on the forum looking for metabolic-friendly physicians willing to do remote consulting sessions. He said yes, so I am posting his website below for those interested. As you can see, his practice does things like NAD infusions and we also discussed using anti-catabolic steroids like pregnenolone, DHEA, testosterone, and even the anti-cortisol chemical RU486/Mifepristone that has been discussed here a number of times.

P.S. Full disclaimer - I do not have any business relationship with Dr. Koniver and/or his practice or employees/associates. It was truly an event where he just reached out, said he knows about my blog and likes the posts, and asked if I'd be willing to chat. Since we have had quite a few requests on the forum about physicians willing to apply a more metabolic approach in their practice, I thought it would be helpful if I mention this doctor here. As usual, YMMV:):
I will post this in separate thread too, so people who end up working with the practice can post about their experience there.

And here is another doctor, who is also a forum member, who is open to seeing new Peat-oriented patients too, and probably does remote consults too.

@Peatful

Last edited:

Amazoniac

In a very fortuitous event, I was contracted a few days ago by Dr. Craig Koniver, MD of KoniverWellness down in Charleston, SC. Apparently, he found my posts and reached out to have a quick discussion on topics like endotoxin, serotonin, PUFA, cortisol, obesity, etc. We chatted for about 30min-40min and he and his nursing assistant seemed like great people, very approachable and, obviously, very knowledgeable. Towards the end of the call I asked if I can mention his practice to people on the forum looking for metabolic-friendly physicians willing to do remote consulting sessions. He said yes, so I am posting his website below for those interested. As you can see, his practice does things like NAD infusions and we also discussed using anti-catabolic steroids like pregnenolone, DHEA, testosterone, and even the anti-cortisol chemical RU486/Mifepristone that has been discussed here a number of times.

P.S. Full disclaimer - I do not have any business relationship with Dr. Koniver and/or his practice or employees/associates. It was truly an event where he just reached out, said he knows about my blog and likes the posts, and asked if I'd be willing to chat. Since we have had quite a few requests on the forum about physicians willing to apply a more metabolic approach in their practice, I thought it would be helpful if I mention this doctor here. As usual, YMMV:):
I will post this in separate thread too, so people who end up working with the practice can post about their experience there.
@Peatful
Jorge, have you been contacted by Героичен too?
- Would A Knowledgeable Doctor Be Helpful Around Here?

Fantastic @haidut! Actually not only is it needed, but WoW - he reached out over your posts. How encouraging to have a thinking, reasoning, open minded MD out there.
- Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

Grapelander

Thyroid Doctors in NC
MichelleWilkinson, MDGeneral Practitionerwww.michellewilkinsonmd.comGastoniaNorth Carolina(704) 879-4936
VictorMarlarEndocrinologistEndocrinology consultantsAshvilleNorth Carolina(828) 670-6812
DeniseSutherland-PhillipsIntegrative Medicine4040 Barrett DriveRaleighNorth Carolina(919) 7835300
NimishGosraniGeneral Practitioner118 S Scales StreetReidsvilleNorth Carolina(336) 347-0511
DawnDiaz, PAPhysician's Asst.https://raleighendocrine.comRaleighNorth Carolina(919) 876-7692
DanielMichalakOB/GYN2500 Horton BlvdWilsonNorth Carolina(252) 206-1000
ElizabethMotykaOB/GYNhttps://www.forwomengyn.comChapel HillNorth Carolina-
BrittanyHendersonEndocrinologist1 Medical Center BlvdWinston-SalNorth Carolina(336) 713-7251
Sung-EunYoo, MDEndocrinologistHomeCaryNorth Carolina(919) 3782332
ColleenPrincePhysician's Asst.www.osteopathicmedicalarts.comChapel HillNorth Carolina(919) 401-4515
toddwilkinson mdEndocrinologist16 medical park driveAshevilleNorth Carolina(828) 2744880
MichaelStang MDSurgeon3404 Wake Forest Rd Ste 202RaleighNorth Carolina(919) 862-5400
Dr DavidClarkIntegrative Doctorhttp://doctordavidclark.comDurhamNorth Carolina(919) 401-0444
SallyjosephNurse Practitioner727 Eastowne Drive Suite 200 AChapel HillNorth Carolina(919) 4014515
BethBrinsonFunctional Medicinewww.aestheticsmedicalspa.comHendersonvilleNorth Carolina(828) 697-1592
TammyWorrell, NPNurse PractitionerPiedmontwellnesscenters.comGreensboroNorth Carolina(336) 632-9944
TammyWorrellNurse Practitionerpiedmontwellnesscenters.comGreensboroNorth Carolina(336) 632-9944
GhobadAziziEndocrinologist1717 Shipyard BlvdWilmingtonNorth Carolina(910) 254-9464

haidut

Forum Supporter
Jorge, have you been contacted by Героичен too?

Yes, based on that post of his, I believe we got into contact and are communicating periodically. A great person indeed and thanks for letting me know he is on the forum. I knew he reads my post, but did not know he posts as well:):
Oh, and he is apparently open to accepting new (and remote) patients too. Here is the relevant thread.

Last edited:
OP
A

AlisonG

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
Grapelander, is that list of thyroid docs from the myfreedoctor site or from a list of MDs with expanded awareness?

Grapelander

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
Grapelander, is that list of thyroid docs from the myfreedoctor site or from a list of MDs with expanded awareness?
It is patient recommended thyroid doctors.

Stella123

- Uses saliva testing

Hi! Moment Health uses Peat-y practices and does telehealth consults. They make their own progesterone and I have heard good things. A few of my friends go there.
www.momenthealth.co.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals