Do You Have Cfs/me Or Pots And Have You Good Experience With Ray Peat's Principles?

Hgreen56

I wondering i here are people with cfs/me or pots (or other heavy chronic fatigue disease) that have great benifits with ray's guidelines.
(or maybe you know people who have a good experience)

So
1: Tell me what you have
2: how old you are
3: what helped you the most? (thinks like food, diets, exercise, breathing etc)
Tell me your personal story.

(This topic is to convince & motivate other people who have these diseases to try Ray peat guidelines but are to afraid to try it or don't believe in it)

Jayvee

Hey! Also suffering from CFS and interested to know more. From the little information I know so far, I can only see how this may be beneficial for CFS. The reputable studies I have seen have identified causes of Chronic Fatigue from either hormonal imbalance, Mitochondrial dysfunction, Gut Imbalances or Lymphatic drainage issues. If all or some of these are the causes of CFS then it would seem that this would only be beneficial. A doctor here in the UK is treating CFS successfully (it seems) with some of Ray's ideas around the importance of thyroid hormones and it's effects on the Mitochondria. It would be really interesting to hear more on this from either Ray or someone more knowledgable.

orewashin

CFS may be difficult to treat because of a self- propelling cycle (brain damage -> orthostatic stress -> failure to heal brain or further damage)

Healing Midbrain Damage (chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

I Peated for almost a decade and my CFS only got worse. Orthostatic stress weighs on you far more than a bad diet and it's an important consideration in this disease.

Recoen

CFS may be difficult to treat because of a self- propelling cycle (brain damage -> orthostatic stress -> failure to heal brain or further damage)

Healing Midbrain Damage (chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

I Peated for almost a decade and my CFS only got worse. Orthostatic stress weighs on you far more than a bad diet and it's an important consideration in this disease.
Do you crave salt because of your dysautonomia?

My POTs is healed when I take B1 and B2.

SB4

I have post viral POTS which shares a lot with CFS and higher or even moderate carb makes my symptoms significantly worse. B1 helps but wears off pretty quick. I think there is something wrong in a subset of people with CFS where glucose metabolism is messed up. Several people report improvement of symptoms with low carb.

I think lowering PUFA would be beneficial in a general sense but don't think it will have a significant impact on CFS.

orewashin

Do you crave salt because of your dysautonomia?

My POTs is healed when I take B1 and B2.
It's hard to tell because I had postural hypotension since I was a kid. I think so.

I add salt to my drinks. If I don't, I crave chips or whatever else I associate with saltiness. I salt my meat until it forms a blanket, and even then try to scoop up more salt with each bite. I do it even if it burns my mouth because I want the taste. If it's not salted enough, I end up reaching for the salt. So yes, I probably crave salt more than the average person.

My hematocrit is above-normal, but dropped when I moved to high altitude. It didn't make sense to me at the time. Now I understand that my hematocrit was probably high to compensate for the OI, and that the higher CO2 of high altitude increased blood flow to the head, which made my hematocrit drop to normal.

RP said B2 is the B vitamin with the lowest likelihood of being free of harmful impurities.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
I wondering i here are people with cfs/me or pots (or other heavy chronic fatigue disease) that have great benifits with ray's guidelines.

So

(This topic is to convince & motivate other people who have these diseases to try Ray peat guidelines but are to afraid to try it or don't believe in it)

1. I've been diagnosed with all kinds of things, don't really know what the issue is/was
2. 20-23, won't state my exact stage
3. Self-discipline

There's a very real side to "the energy you give is the energy you have", and while fixing deficiencies and playing whack-a-mole with diagnoses can be helpful, for most people on this forum I believe that the right thing to do would be to just put as much work into consciously improving one's habits and life as doing research and trying to find miracle chemicals. This goes especially for members with weight issues, social issues and discipline/work ethic issues

Recoen

I have post viral POTS which shares a lot with CFS and higher or even moderate carb makes my symptoms significantly worse. B1 helps but wears off pretty quick. I think there is something wrong in a subset of people with CFS where glucose metabolism is messed up. Several people report improvement of symptoms with low carb.

I think lowering PUFA would be beneficial in a general sense but don't think it will have a significant impact on CFS.
My POTs and many other issues were post viral too. And I have to take some B1 and B2 pretty much everyday to keep it at bay. I am healing though as my last test showed I could go 5d in the first half of my cycle and 3d in the second without them before my POTs issues returned.

I don’t do well with low carb- rhabdo, keto acidosis, etc.

Recoen

It's hard to tell because I had postural hypotension since I was a kid. I think so.

I add salt to my drinks. If I don't, I crave chips or whatever else I associate with saltiness. I salt my meat until it forms a blanket, and even then try to scoop up more salt with each bite. I do it even if it burns my mouth because I want the taste. If it's not salted enough, I end up reaching for the salt. So yes, I probably crave salt more than the average person.

My hematocrit is above-normal, but dropped when I moved to high altitude. It didn't make sense to me at the time. Now I understand that my hematocrit was probably high to compensate for the OI, and that the higher CO2 of high altitude increased blood flow to the head, which made my hematocrit drop to normal.

RP said B2 is the B vitamin with the lowest likelihood of being free of harmful impurities.
I’m using energin for B2

I ask about the salt cravings because of Gilbert Lings work. I definitely think his research is worth reading. He clearly shows why people with compromised metabolism crave salt.

DB_2014

I have hyperadrenergic POTS. I’ve been through the ringer with treatments for 5 years. Every diet and supplement you can imagine. Peating hasn’t come close to curing me by any means. I do find it seems to be slowing my decline though. Low carb and carnivore dramatically increased the speed of my decline. POTS is such a bizarre disease though that I really didn’t come in to peating expecting to be cured. I think there are some extreme structural and genetic components with most POTS patients that no amount of dieting or peating can fix. Aspirin, sugar, and thiamine definitely have helped keep me from getting worse though.

Vinny

So

1: I suspect I have CFS - been like a zombie since 2014 (don't know what's POTS)
2: 48 yo
3: Nothing from the Peat's principles made any positive difference so far, except that they turned me almost morbidly obese. Going carnivore had a slight beneficial effect.
Now concentrated on ruling out possible bacterial /viral /parasite infection.

Last edited:

Recoen

I have hyperadrenergic POTS. I’ve been through the ringer with treatments for 5 years. Every diet and supplement you can imagine. Peating hasn’t come close to curing me by any means. I do find it seems to be slowing my decline though. Low carb and carnivore dramatically increased the speed of my decline. POTS is such a bizarre disease though that I really didn’t come in to peating expecting to be cured. I think there are some extreme structural and genetic components with most POTS patients that no amount of dieting or peating can fix. Aspirin, sugar, and thiamine definitely have helped keep me from getting worse though.
Have you tried B2? B1 and B2 supplements “cure” my HyperPOTs. When I stop taking them after a few days my symptoms come back. I don’t need large doses of each, and I do poorly if I do, but I need them frequently throughout the day. Peats other principles have been crucial for my high nore- and epinephrine.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

what do you mean with this? dont understand... you talking about your health is going down?

DB_2014

what do you mean with this? dont understand... you talking about your health is going down?

Not sure what the confusion is, I stated it pretty clearly. Peating has not cured me, but it is slowing my decline.

Jem Oz

Had POTS on and off last year and start of this year. Was in hospital when it first started, thought my heart was failing.

Completely healed for several months now, and feel quite confident it won’t return. It’s a tricky thing. So many variables and possible causes/cures.

one thing that can’t be discounted: the role of psychic distress, anxiety, unacknowledged trauma. I’ve put the most work into that stuff over the past year and every health issue I had last year has resolved. Touch wood.

also the possibility that it’s plain old hypothyroidism. I’m sure I’ve read Peat saying that before.

it can be a horrible, scary experience. And frustrating. Glad I saw the back of it and pray it doesn’t return.

my gut feeling is, with me, it was keenly connected with emotional distress that was crying out for attention.

May help, may not.