Do You Find Limonene Helpful For SIBO And GERD?

LCohen

Never tried it, I will.

Using apple cider vinegar and sodium carbonate for 2-3 days. This combination gives me great relief from GERD/Acid Reflux. I never thought vinegar can be powerful that much. Same relief I get from PPI or H2 drugs.

Plus it improves my digestion greatly. No more diarrhea or constipation.

And one more; Taurine also gave some relief from GERD. Plus improving digestion.

Makrosky

I'm thinking about using this and wondered about your experiences. Thanks
Sorry if this is too personal, but : from your latest posts you seem to be experiencing endotoxin symptoms and now GERD and/or SIBO. Have you checked for any strong EMF sources recently? I suspect it can flare these symptoms if nothing else has changed (diet, traveling to other country, supps, catching an obvious infection, etc..).

Hope you get better soon.

OP
ecstatichamster
Sorry if this is too personal, but : from your latest posts you seem to be experiencing endotoxin symptoms and now GERD and/or SIBO. Have you checked for any strong EMF sources recently? I suspect it can flare these symptoms if nothing else has changed (diet, traveling to other country, supps, catching an obvious infection, etc..).

Hope you get better soon.

I so appreciate your asking. Thanks.

I think I messed up my gut about a month ago trying to get used to lactose. And I took antibiotics, maybe too much, not sure. Anyway, since then I get heartburn with milk so I stopped and the heartburn instantly stopped.

But now I'm still not quite right. My stomach bothers me a lot. Thinking I have an H. Pylori infection maybe, or a little SIBO, so I thought I'd try some things out.

I am in a different place than I was, a different part of the world, and I don't think that there are a lot of electronics here.

Makrosky

I so appreciate your asking. Thanks.

I think I messed up my gut about a month ago trying to get used to lactose. And I took antibiotics, maybe too much, not sure. Anyway, since then I get heartburn with milk so I stopped and the heartburn instantly stopped.

But now I'm still not quite right. My stomach bothers me a lot. Thinking I have an H. Pylori infection maybe, or a little SIBO, so I thought I'd try some things out.

I am in a different place than I was, a different part of the world, and I don't think that there are a lot of electronics here.

If you have a chance check for EMF anyway. I'm also having similar problems to yours and I really suspect they were really aggravated by EMF. I was living for a month or so in an apt. close to power lines and I knew from the beginning they were disturbing my sleep. I thought for 1 month it would be ok. Then I started to try to fix what I think is sibo or h pylori or parasites. Well not only I couldn't fix it with any of my previously used methods (abxs, coconut oil, raw garlic, chamomille, ginger, etc.) I started to get strong stomach pain like gastritis and constant burping all the time. For two weeks or more. Then the day after I moved out from that flat, the burping and gastritis pain disappeared 95%. Just one day. Immediate relief. Coincidence? I doubt it since it is paired with that "wired feeling" you can get from EMFs.

Good luck anyway! You'll recover soon.

Luk3

I’m having similar issues to you. I had a truly horrible Campylobacter infection a few months ago, and it’s torn my stomach to bits. I don’t whether it’s just underlying inflammation or whether i have a new infection of some sort—I’m suspecting H.Pylori given my symptoms, but I’ve also had fungal issues in the past, so it may be that. Hopefully, my doc will give me a H. pylori test. It’s probably worth getting one yourself.
For what it’s worth, I didn’t notice any improvements with d-limonene. I’ve gone back to a low fodmap diet, as it always eases symptoms for me.

Makrosky

I’m having similar issues to you. I had a truly horrible Campylobacter infection a few months ago, and it’s torn my stomach to bits. I don’t whether it’s just underlying inflammation or whether i have a new infection of some sort—I’m suspecting H.Pylori given my symptoms, but I’ve also had fungal issues in the past, so it may be that. Hopefully, my doc will give me a H. pylori test. It’s probably worth getting one yourself.
For what it’s worth, I didn’t notice any improvements with d-limonene. I’ve gone back to a low fodmap diet, as it always eases symptoms for me.
IIRC H pylori blood test is quite reliable, safe and cheap. Worth having it done ASAP. I am going for one next week,I don't know if breath or blood, will depend on what the doc prescribes. Both are reliable I have read.

Luk3

IIRC H pylori blood test is quite reliable, safe and cheap. Worth having it done ASAP. I am going for one next week,I don't know if breath or blood, will depend on what the doc prescribes. Both are reliable I have read.
I’ve read that fecal testing is best, as blood antigens can stay in the body for a long time, so it doesn’t prove that there is a current infection only that there has been an infection at some point.

OP
ecstatichamster
I've been taking 500mg of limonene in a fairly harmless gel cap with a meal. And it seems to cut down on my digestive pain. I will continue and see if this is a pattern. It's pretty surprising really, so far it seems to have helped reduce pain 80% or more.

Most of the pain seems in the area of the descending colon, by the way, although that could be incorrect as far as actuality goes and just my perception. It occurs an hour or so after eating, sometimes more hours than that.

I've been taking 500mg of limonene in a fairly harmless gel cap with a meal. And it seems to cut down on my digestive pain. I will continue and see if this is a pattern. It's pretty surprising really, so far it seems to have helped reduce pain 80% or more.

Most of the pain seems in the area of the descending colon, by the way, although that could be incorrect as far as actuality goes and just my perception. It occurs an hour or so after eating, sometimes more hours than that.

Awesome! I take it every night and notice good gaba effects from it. I think gaba has a big role in digestion.

OP
ecstatichamster
I've had outstanding experiences with limonene and digestion.

I tried milk the other day (ultra pasteurized LF organic, which formerly I tolerated) and started to get heartburn again.

I took limonene and it never materialized. I take 1000mg every other day and it has made my stomach feel MUCH better. Every digestive aspect has improved. So far anyway.

That is great news!

I just had an idea to freeze the limonene caps that I have. I have a feeling if it is taken frozen it may improve sibo etc. I have mainly noticed stomach effects from it, my guess is that it is absorbed rapidly in the stomach. Freezing may allow the cap to pass faster in to the small intestine. I'm going to try it out. I have intestinal bloat that for whatever reason does not seem to diminish greatly despite all the various things I do, e.g. charcoal and carrot salad, keeping fat low, experimenting without starch etc.

OP
ecstatichamster
I had tried it months ago, but not recently. I do find limonene very, very effective for stomach problems and heartburn.

artist

Very interesting. My digestive problems are almost all upper gut/stomach related and I was gonna try d-Limonene or bitters next to further improve things. Will have to give it a shot.