Do You Experience Negative Effects from Eggs and/or Dairy Consumption

Do You or Have You Ever Experienced Negative Effects from Eggs and/or Dairy Consumption

• Yes, I do or have in the past experienced issues when consuming Eggs

• Yes, I do or have in the past experienced issues when consuming Dairy

• No, I have never experienced issues when consuming Eggs

• No, I never experienced issues when consuming Dairy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vileplume

A1 milk and cheese cause me problems to this day. Goat milk and cheese never have caused me a problem. Eggs also have never caused me a problem.

TradClare

Too much dairy gives me big pimples (and I'm over 40), especially cheese, cream cheese, butter, whipped cream. Drinking some milk is usually ok maybe because i get my milk raw from farmer friends. I figure it's the fat/protein combo somehow. Also I maintain a lean weight about 2 pounds lighter when I'm not including dairy. When I did the strict low-A diet it surprised me how my weight dipped a little lower than usual even eating at least as much food, which I liked. Maybe I should go back to that

reality

It’s interesting how dairy gives so many people problems. Is it ever possible to fix?

Surfari

For me, it matters what the animals are fed.
I get really nauseous (and have thrown up) from soy.
I'm lucky enough to live close to a farmer that does not feed her animals soy. So eggs from soy-free chickens are fine. If I eat commercial eggs the first day I have a hard time digesting them, but two days in a row and I'll feel queasy.
My milk comes from cows that are within a thirty mile radius - so if I'm breathing stuff that makes me sneeze, the cows are most likely eating the same stuff, and milk will exacerbate my allergy symptoms. During the fall months, if we haven't had any rain, the cows aren't eating fresh grass (I don't know what they eat but it's not fresh grass), and the milk doesn't taste as good.
I think part of the reason why Ray has mentioned trying different brands of milk, is because cows from different areas could be eating different food. But even different times of year could give you different symptoms.

aniciete

Eggs give me horrible bloating and make me depressed. Within 30 minutes of eating just a couple eggs my cheeks and nose get tomato red.

OP
U

ursidae

Eggs give me horrible bloating and make me depressed. Within 30 minutes of eating just a couple eggs my cheeks and nose get tomato red.
are you that guy who also gets chemical burns on his cheek from beef- allegedly the safest food for elimination dieting? Because this happens to me too and with every passing day of eating beef it gets worse and worse until i look like I got a splotchy second degree burn on my face

my experience with eggs is similar. I ate eggs yesterday for the first time in half a year. Got hella bloated. Didn't get the rosacea face though. though if my beef experience is anything to go by it may take 2+ days to start getting the red face from eggs

Doc Sandoz

Milk products cause me a sort of free-floating anxiety or edginess with a tendency to narrow my focus of attention - like obsessing on the computer - which is probably defensive against the anxiety feeling. Eggs are even worse. This uncomfortable feeling starts up within half and hour of, and lasts about four hours after, ingesting the offending product which I'll do from time to time regardless because I like pizza, deviled eggs. malts and all that tasty stuff. (Amazing how many recipes call for milk product or egg). I do find that a couple/few alcoholic drinks - beer or wine, shots are even better - eliminates or overrides the unpleasant feeling, so if I do eat the stuff I like to do it later in the evening, because day-drinking is not a thing for me.

I would add that I never had issues until about ten years ago after I went on a milk product fast for a few months because a friend claimed they caused water retention. When I started up again, was when the problem appeared. BTW "lactose intolerance" is not the cause - no digestive issues. More likely the type of proteins in dairy and eggs are setting up some kind of allergic reaction that manifests as anxiety.

Last edited:

Korven

It’s interesting how dairy gives so many people problems. Is it ever possible to fix?

Depends on what is going on in the body.

SIBO or hypothyroidism can cause problems due to poor digestion (reduced lactase enzyme), but if you fix the underlying issues, e.g take antibiotics ,you may be able enjoy dairy again.

If you have an inflammatory/'autoimmune' reaction to the proteins in milk then it's a more difficult situation. It may be a sensitivity to A1 casein and an individual may do a lot better with goat or A2 dairy.

milkboi

My body was made to consume dairy. No issues at all with any type of it. Maybe I should give an all milk diet a la @tca300 a shot now that I think about it

aniciete

are you that guy who also gets chemical burns on his cheek from beef- allegedly the safest food for elimination dieting? Because this happens to me too and with every passing day of eating beef it gets worse and worse until i look like I got a splotchy second degree burn on my face

my experience with eggs is similar. I ate eggs yesterday for the first time in half a year. Got hella bloated. Didn't get the rosacea face though. though if my beef experience is anything to go by it may take 2+ days to start getting the red face from eggs
Yep, just minutes after eating beef I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter. If I eat it again the next day it’s even worse. I tried lamb thinking it would be safe and the same thing happened. I emailed the local farm I get the beef from and they said their beef is hung for 14 days before butchering and their chicken is only processed within 1 day. I usually don’t eat chicken but after eating it I had 0 negative symptoms. Histamine related? At this point I don’t really know.

Jennifer

I tolerated dairy until I removed it from my diet in my mid 20s, unknowingly crashed my thyroid (and health) from mountain climbing in extreme conditions, went vegan and then fruitarian as a last attempt at putting weight on and overcoming illness, fractured half my spine, was put on a dairy-based ancestral/WAPF diet by my doctor to rebuild bone, spent the next 10 years trying to tolerate dairy again—all forms caused a painful, bleeding rash all over my face, scabs all over my scalp, gastritis, constipation, brain fog, depression, a white coated tongue, and eventually anaphylaxis within minutes of consuming any. Once I went on thyroid and cleared the SIBO that went untreated for years due to a misdiagnosis, dairy became my most tolerated food and has comprised at least 50% of my calories for almost 2 years now.

Jennifer

Please let me ask you, you went on thyroid because of TSH number (or maybe FT3 also) or disregarded that and went only by the symptoms?

I went by symptoms and resolved them with an over-the-counter glandular (Professional Formulas), but was finally able to convince my doctor to prescribe me NDT (WP Thyroid) because I had elevated thyroid antibodies. My doctor eventually took me off thyroid because my TSH was suppressed so now I’m self-treating with TyroMax.

OP
U

ursidae

Yep, just minutes after eating beef I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter. If I eat it again the next day it’s even worse. I tried lamb thinking it would be safe and the same thing happened. I emailed the local farm I get the beef from and they said their beef is hung for 14 days before butchering and their chicken is only processed within 1 day. I usually don’t eat chicken but after eating it I had 0 negative symptoms. Histamine related? At this point I don’t really know.
personally for me it's more gradual- burning splotches start appearing gradually and grow larger and larger with every consecutive day of beef. I thought it was alpha-gal syndrome and tested lamb- it happened too but it took a lot longer to take effect and was milder. I'm not sure it's histamine because I have eaten a lot of frozen fish and it never happened. maybe there's a difference between flash frozen fish and meat that has been hanging for days. I think endotoxin might be accumulating due to this processing method and causing such a reaction. The greater the surface area the greater the exposure to bacteria and air so ground beef should be the worst in terms of endotoxin

Veritas IV

Almost no negative effects from milk, the minor exception being A2 branded milk. A2 brand gives me a slight odd feeling along with extremely minor intestinal discomfort. Pretty sure i could ease my way into A2 but why bother when A1 has always treated me well.

No negative effects from eggs.

I do know two people who have allergy-like issues with egg whites, skin flare ups, trouble sleeping etc, but can consume yolks just fine.

Caro

Whey gives me gut pain. I'm experimenting with very dry or rubbery cheeses, and getting my calcium from non-dairy sources, somewhat in the Japanese fashion.

Don

Eggs make me tired and weak and i dont eat them much at all.
Dairy I do eat but causes me a bit of eczema and also as others have mentioned an itchy but hole.
I think the itchy but hole is actually internal hemorrhoids maybe ? I have read dairy can cause/irritate them.

T

tca300

My body was made to consume dairy. No issues at all with any type of it. Maybe I should give an all milk diet a la @tca300 a shot now that I think about it
If you do, dont forget foods that contain higher amounts of iron, manganese and copper. I also eat liver, shellfish and grassfed beef.