Do You Experience Negative Effects from Eggs and/or Dairy Consumption

Do You or Have You Ever Experienced Negative Effects from Eggs and/or Dairy Consumption

• Yes, I do or have in the past experienced issues when consuming Eggs

• Yes, I do or have in the past experienced issues when consuming Dairy

• No, I have never experienced issues when consuming Eggs

• No, I never experienced issues when consuming Dairy

Results are only viewable after voting.

emarie

Dairy products cause me to have constipation and inflammation at wrists and ankles as well as eczema on elbows and back of head at neck.

retroactive

I did in the past, along with many other food intolerances. I was able to reintroduce them though while many other things I haven't been able to reintroduce. I suspect people with compromised intestinal health, low metabolism and/or SIBO may be susceptible to many things including eggs and dairy

Martin

Never had issues with eggs but I quit drinking milk for a few years and grew intolerant to it. Slowly added it back into my diet and had some stomach issues for a month but eventually adapted and can now drink as much as I want.

redsun

Yep, just minutes after eating beef I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter. If I eat it again the next day it’s even worse. I tried lamb thinking it would be safe and the same thing happened. I emailed the local farm I get the beef from and they said their beef is hung for 14 days before butchering and their chicken is only processed within 1 day. I usually don’t eat chicken but after eating it I had 0 negative symptoms. Histamine related? At this point I don’t really know.
Histamine related for sure. Likely DAO deficiency which is the enzyme that metabolizes histamine in the gut. Its common and the histamine in your food will then get absorbed into circulation instead of being metabolized, triggering reactions. If eggs cause depression, this is definitely acetylcholine related unless the depression lifts after eating more which would then point to low blood sugar from eggs. Genetic mutations affecting acetylcholine metabolism is makes you sensitive to choline rich foods and those who deal with excess Ach always should avoid eggs.

Eggs have always been fine for me, I’ve eaten anywhere from 2-12 eggs a day with no noticeable issues. Dairy is fine for me but sometimes low fat dairy specifically skim-1% milk has caused digestive issues in the past. Sometimes though I can get adapted to low fat milk but generally whole milk (3.5%) works better for me.

aniciete

Histamine related for sure. Likely DAO deficiency which is the enzyme that metabolizes histamine in the gut. Its common and the histamine in your food will then get absorbed into circulation instead of being metabolized, triggering reactions. If eggs cause depression, this is definitely acetylcholine related unless the depression lifts after eating more which would then point to low blood sugar from eggs. Genetic mutations affecting acetylcholine metabolism is makes you sensitive to choline rich foods and those who deal with excess Ach always should avoid eggs.
Thanks for the info. Is there way to reverse the histamine issue? Is there certain things that cause it?

redsun

Thanks for the info. Is there way to reverse the histamine issue? Is there certain things that cause it?
There are a list of foods that are high in histamine or trigger the release of your own histamine from mast cells. There are list online but steaks are great examples and are often the worst offenders because they tend to all be aged before you can even buy them at a grocery store. Other meats are more fresh and not kept as long. Citrus are histamine liberators. But it really depends on the individual and you have to experiment and see what foods you can and can't tolerate.

The DAO enzyme is dependent on riboflavin and copper. I have also seen that perhaps P5P and vitamin C can increase DAO enzyme but I never looked into it much. Whether more of these nutrients actually increase DAO is debatable but getting more copper in your diet does usually have an anti-histamine effect. Not necessarily just because of possibly increasing DAO, but also because the catecholamines norepinephrine and epinephrine help antagonize the effects of histamine on tissues. I think the beta 2 receptor directly can inhibit mast cell release of histamine, and alpha receptors have vasoconstrictive effects which oppose the vasodilatory effects of histamine (redness, swelling). This is why alpha adrenergic agonists are used as decongestants.

aliml

Yep, just minutes after eating beef I can feel my face getting hotter and hotter. If I eat it again the next day it’s even worse. I tried lamb thinking it would be safe and the same thing happened. I emailed the local farm I get the beef from and they said their beef is hung for 14 days before butchering and their chicken is only processed within 1 day. I usually don’t eat chicken but after eating it I had 0 negative symptoms. Histamine related? At this point I don’t really know.
Beef and Lamb are foods with warm nature, but Chicken and Fish are cooling foods. It is better to use more summer foods (cooling) to reduce the heat of your internal organs.

Brandin

Brain fog and decreased IQ in my situation. From time to time I play an hour of videogames and I noticed how slow I am on milk especially if it's over 500 ml.
This fogginess is noticed even more when I walk in a crowded place, I can't focus on people's faces too much, and I can't be aware of my surroundings. I just walk and it gets boring.
Boringness is noticed also when I work, coffee diminishes this effect.
My verbal fluency drops and my word recall worsens to the point that I can't be spotaneous anymore.
I tried milk A2 and it worked, but it seemed that my motivation decreased a bit. The sharpest I am is without any dairy. But it feels like it's not suistainable.
***t Im the other way. Milk helps me alot especially combined with sugar. Now milk in sweden is pretty clean. Now I am a bit scared of vitamin d3 poisoning since they add it in the milk here and I drink like 4 liters a day...

BonbonUK

I recently transitioned back to an omnivore diet after years on and off of a near vegan diet so have been trying different animal foods and seeing how I react to them (I actually prayed for improvement of fatigue issues, and then felt led to eat intuitively and how my grandparents ate/the kind of things I ate as a child, so eggs, dairy, butter, potatoes, well cooked veg occasional lamb and beef). Small amounts of dairy feel good but anything over a certain amount seems to increase inflammation and cause digestive problems. So generally I'll eat some butter daily, maybe a slice of cheese or a bit of milk in coffee. I seem to react negatively to dairy mixed with sugar too (e.g. ice cream, sweetened yogurt). I feel good after eating eggs, especially if they are cooked in butter.

OP
U

ursidae

I've eaten fish that has been sitting frozen on the shelf for years which surely is enough time to accumulate massive amounts of histamine and this did not trigger the skin reaction I get from beef. Not even the least bit

redsun

I've eaten fish that has been sitting frozen on the shelf for years which surely is enough time to accumulate massive amounts of histamine and this did not trigger the skin reaction I get from beef. Not even the least bit
Thats because frozen foods do not accumulate histamine. Probably if you got access to a cow that was slaughtered and immediately ate it, it would not trigger reactions. Or freskly killed wild game meat. Its not the beef itself, its the fact that it is hard to get beef that was not already aged by the time it gets to a grocery store.

Last edited:
***t Im the other way. Milk helps me alot especially combined with sugar. Now milk in sweden is pretty clean. Now I am a bit scared of vitamin d3 poisoning since they add it in the milk here and I drink like 4 liters a day...
Have you ever tried without milk? Some people don't even know that they can become even more focused without the opioid effects of milk. After they try it, they feel a bit more agitated and a lot more motivated at the same time. Milk decreases a lot cortisol especially if it's combined with sugar, so that's why you feel all the time relaxed, also your sleep most probably is high quality. Keep in mind that if you want to try without milk, it will be hard, because it's hard to mix sucrose with something that is not milk.
You are lucky that you can handle that much milk.

pastanagueta

With milk (raw or pasteurized) I get terrible digestive issues, bloating, gas and almost diarrhea.
Also milk definitely gives me acne. and micellar casein gives me the worst cystic acne I've ever had.

OP
U

ursidae

Thats because frozen foods do not accumulate histamine. Probably if you got access to a cow that was slaughtered and immediately ate it, it would not trigger reactions. Or freskly killed wild game meat. Its not the beef itself, its the fact that it is hard to get beef that was not already aged by the time it gets to a grocery store.
my bad, I thought frozen food accumulates it. Ive had some nauseous, runny nose, headache experiences with dry aged mackerel in the past which I assumed was due to histamine yet it did not cause the skin flare up I get from beef. Eating high histamine foods like tomato, bananas didn't cause it either. I'll see what upping copper and R5P will do, I thought my B complex is giving me enough B2 but maybe leaving the cap off this one time caused sunlight to degrade it

K

Kayaker

Brain fog and decreased IQ in my situation. From time to time I play an hour of videogames and I noticed how slow I am on milk especially if it's over 500 ml.
This fogginess is noticed even more when I walk in a crowded place, I can't focus on people's faces too much, and I can't be aware of my surroundings. I just walk and it gets boring.
Boringness is noticed also when I work, coffee diminishes this effect.
My verbal fluency drops and my word recall worsens to the point that I can't be spotaneous anymore.
I tried milk A2 and it worked, but it seemed that my motivation decreased a bit. The sharpest I am is without any dairy. But it feels like it's not suistainable.
We have the same problem.

Dean

my bad, I thought frozen food accumulates it. Ive had some nauseous, runny nose, headache experiences with dry aged mackerel in the past which I assumed was due to histamine yet it did not cause the skin flare up I get from beef. Eating high histamine foods like tomato, bananas didn't cause it either. I'll see what upping copper and R5P will do, I thought my B complex is giving me enough B2 but maybe leaving the cap off this one time caused sunlight to degrade it

Taking a freeze-dried beef kidney supplement has done wonders for my histamine issues. Notice a big difference in how I feel after eating beef (even ground). I'm also able to tolerate gelatin/collagen now whereas I used to get major head pressure when tried before.

Unfortunately, my issues with dairy (and eggs) are more in my gut so the kidney hasn't done anything for me there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals