Votes: 34 43.0%
  • Yes but not every day

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Only potatoes

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
This blog argues that starch is the fourth macronutrient because it's what separates starchy roots, starchy squash and grains from non-starchy "vegetables." You can't get energy/glycogen from broccoli, kale, onions and eggplant but you can get massive energy from potatoes, rice, parsnips and even corn. Potatoes are a completely different animal than greens. The process of hydrolysis, cooking starch in water completely changes everything. But cooking the same amount in weight of broccoli vs. potatoes or the same amount of calories would look and result in a complete difference. "Vegetables" is too broad of a term.

This is why Peat says the word starch in this sentence as opposed to "vegetables."

tara

Do you want to know which vegetables we eat?
Are you interested in greens, roots, fruit-veges?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

You need to rephrase the question; carrots are vegetables.

I agree I could have thought this poll through a bit more unfortunately can't edit the poll.

Do you want to know which vegetables we eat?
Are you interested in greens, roots, fruit-veges?

Was just interested how many people ate vegetables, as Ray is not particularly positive of them other than the usual mentions carrot, mushrooms, bamboo, kale etc

yerrag

Sweet potato, potato, carrots, cooked bamboo shoots, cooked leaves (carrot tops, spinach, moringa, malabar nightshade (alugbati - for calcium). For juicing - celery, green bell pepper, cucumber, red beets, and pineapple (fruit for sweeness).

tara

Was just interested how many people ate vegetables, as Ray is not particularly positive of them other than the usual mentions carrot, mushrooms, bamboo, kale etc

I eat some veges most days:
Most days:
cooked: potatoes, onion, leafy greens (spinach or beet greens or kale)

Various others from time to time/as available:
raw: carrot, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, occasionally a little lettuce, rocket, parsley, coriander (cilantro) ...
cooked: sweet potatoes, taro, broccoli, capsicum, aubergine, pumpkin, green peas, green beans ...

Definitions are funny things - I tend to think of the fruit-veges (zucchini, tomatoes, aubergine, pumpkin ...) as vegetables, but mushrooms are in a whole other kingdom (and I eat them too). :)

Last edited:

Xisca

When people tell me they eat veggies and then tell me potatoes, I always answer they are not veg but starch as if eating rice or pasta, that are clearly not vegs for people...
But they also bring protein!
I qualify as vegetable all that has not 1 of the 3 macros.
I put carots in vegs.
What is sweet fruit in fruit, so that tomate is veggie, thus respecting the most common nomenclature.
But it is all a code to be agreed on!

And I do not agree to says Peat is against vegetables.
He mentions them much for minerals, especialy greens.

More over, vegs solve the problem of starch hyperglicemic level. Just eat high glicemic starch = non resistent, with vegs + saturated fat. Bad bacteria I guess will have problems to reach them, and it will slow the sugar Peak.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals