• Yes, almost every day

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • Yes, a few times week

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Yes, maybe once a week

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Not really, but very rarely I will

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have major issues with starch so I try to avoid it, but sometimes I slip up and it makes me feel l

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • No I never eat starch

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

jet9

Wow wasn't expecting this! Here I was thinking most of you guys were sugar only haha.

Me too :) i thought people here mostly do no starch.

Anyway as for me i eat potatoes/sweet potatoes pretty much every day for dinner.

Elephanto

I ran the potatoe experiment last night. Got major GI disturbances.

This morning I woke up feeling so cold, have zero vasodilation in my arms, and feel ultra serotonergic.
Is it really that strong of a vasoconstrictor!?

When there is intestinal permeability, Endotoxins enter the bloodstream and that in my experience is a potent vacoconstrictor. Potatoes contain saponins which are gut-irritating and can increase intestinal permeability but a strong intestinal barrier should make you be able to support some potatoes without this effect (Zinc is one of the most important protectors of this barrier, haidut also mentions Magnesium although I'm not sure of the mechanism, lack of Glutamine can be a cause as supplementation has been shown to improve it and it is low in Autism where intestinal permeability is frequent, and then your diet regularly having gut irritants would also affect it).

Effects of saponins and glycoalkaloids on the permeability and viability of mammalian intestinal cells and on the integrity of tissue preparations ... - PubMed - NCBI

Zinc supplementation tightens "leaky gut" in Crohn's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Supplemental zinc reduced intestinal permeability by enhancing occludin and zonula occludens protein-1 (ZO-1) expression in weaning piglets. - PubMed - NCBI

Increased plasma endotoxin levels were detected in ethanol-treated animals whose small intestinal structural integrity was compromised as determined by microscopic examination. Zinc supplementation significantly inhibited acute ethanol-induced liver injury and suppressed hepatic TNF-α production in association with decreased circulating endotoxin levels and a significant protection of small intestine structure.
Preservation of Intestinal Structural Integrity by Zinc Is Independent of Metallothionein in Alcohol-Intoxicated Mice

Zinc Deficiency is Associated with Poor Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Infantile zinc deficiency: Association with autism spectrum disorders

Role of Glutamine in Protection of Intestinal Epithelial Tight Junctions

Increased Glutamate and Homocysteine and Decreased Glutamine Levels in Autism: A Review and Strategies for Future Studies of Amino Acids in Autism

Alterations of the intestinal barrier in patients with autism spectrum disorders and in their first-degree relatives. - PubMed - NCBI

Perhaps the cause of high Glutamate and low Glutamine in Autism actually takes root in low Zinc because hyperammonemia inhibits glutamine synthetase which converts Glutamate into Glutamine (so decreasing the former and increasing the later) and Zinc potently reduces Ammonia (which also negatively affects mental state). Serum Zinc levels have a strong negative correlation with Ammonia levels, it also has studies showing it protects the kidneys which have the function of removing Ammonia.

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
When there is intestinal permeability, Endotoxins enter the bloodstream and that in my experience is a potent vacoconstrictor. Potatoes contain saponins which are gut-irritating and can increase intestinal permeability but a strong intestinal barrier should make you be able to support some potatoes without this effect (Zinc is one of the most important protectors of this barrier, haidut also mentions Magnesium although I'm not sure of the mechanism, lack of Glutamine can be a cause as supplementation has been shown to improve it and it is low in Autism where intestinal permeability is frequent, and then your diet regularly having gut irritants would also affect it).

Effects of saponins and glycoalkaloids on the permeability and viability of mammalian intestinal cells and on the integrity of tissue preparations ... - PubMed - NCBI

Zinc supplementation tightens "leaky gut" in Crohn's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Supplemental zinc reduced intestinal permeability by enhancing occludin and zonula occludens protein-1 (ZO-1) expression in weaning piglets. - PubMed - NCBI

Preservation of Intestinal Structural Integrity by Zinc Is Independent of Metallothionein in Alcohol-Intoxicated Mice

Zinc Deficiency is Associated with Poor Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Infantile zinc deficiency: Association with autism spectrum disorders

Role of Glutamine in Protection of Intestinal Epithelial Tight Junctions

Increased Glutamate and Homocysteine and Decreased Glutamine Levels in Autism: A Review and Strategies for Future Studies of Amino Acids in Autism

Alterations of the intestinal barrier in patients with autism spectrum disorders and in their first-degree relatives. - PubMed - NCBI

Perhaps the cause of high Glutamate and low Glutamine in Autism actually takes root in low Zinc because hyperammonemia inhibits glutamine synthetase which converts Glutamate into Glutamine (so decreasing the former and increasing the later) and Zinc potently reduces Ammonia (which also negatively affects mental state). Serum Zinc levels have a strong negative correlation with Ammonia levels, it also has studies showing it protects the kidneys which have the function of removing Ammonia.

A very remarkable analysis. I was thinking it may be endotoxin related. I had heaps of carrots this morning and Calcium D-Glucarate, which seemed to help, albeit slightly.

I am starting to really suspect that I do have intestinal permeability, although when I use Zinc, I notice I get way more random WHITE hairs...But then I am not sure whether I should supplement with copper.

Zinc also blunts cortisol too much for me (I think) - Speaking of which, I am actually going to be posting my results from this test (https://dutchtest.com/product/dutch-plus/)

Elephanto

@Lokzo I too sometimes got white hairs from Zinc in the past, there was definitely a coincidence with low Copper intake in these periods. Usually eating a bit of chocolate, lentils or Shiitake mushrooms resolved this rapidly (which is weird when people mention that hair follicles can't change colors before a new follicle sprouts because I see the difference in only a few days). I wouldn't risk supplementing Copper because it is usually inorganic (except allegedly that one expensive brand and I'm not even sure if it is verifiably metabolized like food sources) as Copper in multivitamins (as well as Copper plumbing) is hypothesized to participate in the increase of free copper pool seen in Alzheimer, bypassing the liver. Everytime I supplemented not even 50% of RDA (Gluconate form), I would get the copper looks (metallic red hair in beard, etc) and less stable mental state I used to have before chelating with high dose Molybdenum.

Have you tried Glutamine or, perhaps more safely, focusing on Kidney health/Ammonia reduction (Thiamine 300mg, Niacinamide 30mg/kg are effective at reversing kidney damage, Magnesium, Ceylon Cinnamon, adequate hydratation, avoiding high protein intake etc) to optimize glutamine synthetase ? Also sometimes just a few days without any gut irritant can help restore the gut's integrity (this is probably one of the perceived benefits of Intermittent Fasting). My mom had stomach issues lately and I adviced her to cut off coffee and dairy for a while and like 3 days or so later her issues resolved and she could go back to coffee.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@Lokzo I too sometimes got white hairs from Zinc in the past, there was definitely a coincidence with low Copper intake in these periods. Usually eating a bit of chocolate, lentils or Shiitake mushrooms resolved this rapidly (which is weird when people mention that hair follicles can't change colors before a new follicle sprouts because I see the difference in only a few days). I wouldn't risk supplementing Copper because it is usually inorganic (except allegedly that one expensive brand and I'm not even sure if it is verifiably metabolized like food sources) as Copper in multivitamins (as well as Copper plumbing) is hypothesized to participate in the increase of free copper pool seen in Alzheimer, bypassing the liver. Everytime I supplemented not even 50% of RDA (Gluconate form), I would get the copper looks (metallic red hair in beard, etc) and less stable mental state I used to have before chelating with high dose Molybdenum.

Have you tried Glutamine or, perhaps more safely, focusing on Kidney health/Ammonia reduction (Thiamine 300mg, Niacinamide 30mg/kg are effective at reversing kidney damage, Magnesium, Ceylon Cinnamon, adequate hydratation, avoiding high protein intake etc) to optimize glutamine synthetase ? Also sometimes just a few days without any gut irritant can help restore the gut's integrity (this is probably one of the perceived benefits of Intermittent Fasting). My mom had stomach issues lately and I adviced her to cut off coffee and dairy for a while and like 3 days or so later her issues resolved and she could go back to coffee.

Great points actually. It seems you've not only talked the talk, but definitely walked the walk!

Appreciate this !

Well actually I have EXTREMELY low aldosterone, and waiting to see how my cortisol levels are (I train extremely hard in the gym 5+ days per week).

Thiamine makes me feel amazing. I do have a very high protein diet (150+ grams per day, 80kg).

I might actually DM you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals