• Yes, almost every day

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • Yes, a few times week

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Yes, maybe once a week

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Not really, but very rarely I will

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have major issues with starch so I try to avoid it, but sometimes I slip up and it makes me feel l

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • No I never eat starch

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

dd99

Zachs said:
post 116397
FredSonoma said:
post 116396
Zachs said:
post 116394
FredSonoma said:
post 116379
icecreamlover said:
post 116378 If you have high amylase production and generally digest starch well it is a great source of glucose in bulk, doesn't hurt to have to fruit and some protein or sugared milk alongside though. Potatoes are the best option but laborious to prepare/consume in large quantities, unenriched highly processed white bread with no pufa oils is a fine fuel source, not so much on the nutrients other than selenium.

Where can you get unenriched white bread? I thought all white bread was enriched with iron and other things.

Organic flour is not fortified. Luckily I work at an organic bakery, I eat a lot of bread these days.

Awesome! You don't think it has any negative effect on your health? After 3 years of gluten fear I am ready to try some bread :lol:

Actually I think it is a health food despite its recent unpopularity. I grew up eating wheat every day, when I went on a paleo diet and gave up all grains among other idiotic things is when my health went down hill. Throughout the years, wheat has always made me feel somewhat normal when I reintroduce it, but of course the gluten fear mongering had me. Only in the last year have I fully embraced it again.

A few things have helped with my anxieties about wheat. One, duckdodgers great articles written on freetheanimal.com. Two, the fact that the French eat a ton of wheat with no issues we have, they all eat un enriched flour. And three, wheat, along with milk, has always agreed with me, so it seems silly to avoid them. Peat helped with the milk.
Good point. I might get French flour sent to the UK to circumvent our stupid rules. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

Such_Saturation said:
post 116274 Hormones are not just "messengers"
Such...

So you think we carried through millions of years of evolution an hormone/neuropeptide/neurotransmitter, you name it, that can be simply shut down when it raises and then the problem is solved ? I don't think it's that simple. It is there for something. It is compensating or "messaging" something. We wouldn't have carried it with us otherwise.

Makrosky said:
post 116445
Such_Saturation said:
Such...

So you think we carried through millions of years of evolution an hormone/neuropeptide/neurotransmitter, you name it, that can be simply shut down when it raises and then the problem is solved ? I don't think it's that simple. It is there for something. It is compensating or "messaging" something. We wouldn't have carried it with us otherwise.

Yeah but inflammation in the organism is in many ways the damage itself, you cannot distinguish the message from the messenger. Serotonin isn't just a key for a hole, it is causing changes in the cell because of its very molecular structure. So blocking its actions has value in this situation. "Receptor blocker" is a misleading term to describe what is happening.

Makrosky

Such_Saturation said:
Makrosky said:
post 116445
Such_Saturation said:
Such...

Yeah but inflammation in the organism is in many ways the damage itself, you cannot distinguish the message from the messenger. Serotonin isn't just a key for a hole, it is causing changes in the cell because of its very molecular structure. So blocking its actions has value in this situation. "Receptor blocker" is a misleading term to describe what is happening.

Good point Such.

But maybe the word "damage" as you use it should be replaced by "adaptation". It's not the body damaging itself, it's the body adapting to the situation via another less efficient way of working. The body doesn't damage itself. Like ... the inflammation, maybe inflamming something is the way to save that tissue that would be in a worst condition without the inflammation. What's the purpose of the inflammation otherwise ? A self-damage that could be avoided without any consequence? Makes no sense to me. If you solve the core issue on why it is becoming inflammed, then the body will cool down the inflammation by itself.

I'm not a biochemist/MD, just letting ideas flow.

Makrosky said:
post 116462
Such_Saturation said:
Makrosky said:
post 116445
Such_Saturation said:
Such...

Good point Such.

But maybe the word "damage" as you use it should be replaced by "adaptation". It's not the body damaging itself, it's the body adapting to the situation via another less efficient way of working. The body doesn't damage itself. Like ... the inflammation, maybe inflamming something is the way to save that tissue that would be in a worst condition without the inflammation. What's the purpose of the inflammation otherwise ? A self-damage that could be avoided without any consequence? Makes no sense to me. If you solve the core issue on why it is becoming inflammed, then the body will cool down the inflammation by itself.

I'm not a biochemist/MD, just letting ideas flow.

I don't think there's anything or anyone there to "decide". Inflammation is the physical interaction between the healthy organism and an environment which doesn't contain the means for health anymore. And like Ray Peat said some time, inflammation is already a failure to "cool down" stress, and there should certainly be a case where the body cannot cool down inflammation by itself even after the stressor is removed. I.e. it cannot quench it before the tissue turns to scar or tumor.

superhuman

tca300 said:
post 116221 After stopping starch completely about a year ago, even the thought of it now makes me sick... No way bro..

cool to see that you have tried alot of different approaches. Whats your conclusion in regards to protein intake now? i know you once prefered high intake, then low almost vegan style.

tara

T

tca300

superhuman said:
post 116486
tca300 said:
post 116221 After stopping starch completely about a year ago, even the thought of it now makes me sick... No way bro..

cool to see that you have tried alot of different approaches. Whats your conclusion in regards to protein intake now? i know you once prefered high intake, then low almost vegan style.
I feel shaky and experience muscle weakness if I don't get at least 120 grams per day. If I wasn't into strength training I would probably be fine with less. I usually drink about 1 gallon of 1% milk with fruit and supplements. I don't eat meat, eggs, liver, shellfish. I don't eat meat because I could never take another creatures life, and I don't eat eggs because they are higher in pufa and fat that I prefer to eat. Maybe I could get by with less protein if my liver was tip top, but I'm working on flushing it at the moment.

T

tca300

Westside PUFAs said:
post 116533
tca300 said:
post 116376
Westside PUFAs said:
post 116233
DaveFoster said:
post 116230 +1 The benefits from starch come from caloric density. Eat more fat and sugar with less water, and you should get a similar effect.

If you want insulin resistance and gynecomastia, then yes.
I hope your referring to the fat as being the cause of those.

You must not know me.
I read some of your posts, I think I get ya now. :hattip

T

tca300

Suikerbuik said:
post 116565
tca300 said:
post 116562 but I'm working on flushing it at the moment.
does that work? how?
I'm using lowish fat intake along with caffeine, k2, Glycine, taurine etc.. I think I gave myself fatty liver when I use to eat high fat which was also high in pufa as well.

Suikerbuik

Ah, yeah this seems to be the most reasonable way, thanks. I was thinking about that rage with olive oil and such :sick:

superhuman

tca300 said:
post 116562
superhuman said:
post 116486
tca300 said:

I feel shaky and experience muscle weakness if I don't get at least 120 grams per day. If I wasn't into strength training I would probably be fine with less. I usually drink about 1 gallon of 1% milk with fruit and supplements. I don't eat meat, eggs, liver, shellfish. I don't eat meat because I could never take another creatures life, and I don't eat eggs because they are higher in pufa and fat that I prefer to eat. Maybe I could get by with less protein if my liver was tip top, but I'm working on flushing it at the moment.

Love it. Seems like we have somewhat the same approach. I lift weights and are into strength training and athletics as well. I have been experiencing around with protein as well with the lower and higher ranges. I notice the most is water retention is less when i increase it, but im doing 120-150 as well.

Thanx man. How is your liver going and how much caffeine are you consuming a day now? i can take 600mg 2-3 times a day now of caffeine and i dont notice much :p

T

tca300

superhuman said:
post 116573
tca300 said:
post 116562
superhuman said:
post 116486
tca300 said:

Love it. Seems like we have somewhat the same approach. I lift weights and are into strength training and athletics as well. I have been experiencing around with protein as well with the lower and higher ranges. I notice the most is water retention is less when i increase it, but im doing 120-150 as well.

Thanx man. How is your liver going and how much caffeine are you consuming a day now? i can take 600mg 2-3 times a day now of caffeine and i dont notice much :p
I only consume 400mg a day with other supplements. I assume it's working because before I had to eat nearly 800grams of carbs per day to feel good, and now I don't need near as many nor do I need carbs every few hours like I use to.

James_001

I'm using lowish fat intake along with caffeine, k2, Glycine, taurine etc.. I think I gave myself fatty liver when I use to eat high fat which was also high in pufa as well.

What are your k2 doses? thanks