Do you drink (alcohol)?

Logan-

Do you drink alcoholic beverages? If so, what do you drink? How often, and how much?

OP
L

Logan-

I think distilled and filtrated alcoholic beverages like vodka are better choices.

LadyRae

On August 4th I will celebrate 3 years alcohol-free. There were many reasons that I quit. Currently I am a 44 year old woman, I am 5'10 and about 130 lb. Quitting was the best thing I ever did for my health. The last year of my drinking I would experience a lot of water retention and stomach bloat and it seemed that less and less alcohol would cause more and more hangover.

In addition, when I was drinking and I would make poor decisions regarding food, outrageous and inappropriate behavior, driving when I shouldn't. I would eat crap and then feel awful the next day. Even when I was only drinking a little bit I am just so attuned to my body I could tell that it was slowly poisoning me.

76er

2 to 3 times per week.

Usually have a Moscow Mule w/ 4 oz of vodka and 4oz of ginger beer.
May have a gin and tonic – also 4oz & 4oz.

It has been somewhat of a problem for me for a while, generally was just contributing to bad lifestyle choices. Haven't had any for about 2/3 years and been on a pretty killer grind since.

I heard something about an ancient mead recipe that maybe doesn't use grain that is supposed to be good. Maybe someone here knows about it.

AspiringSage

Used to enjoy beer a few evenings a week in my 20’s. Eventually, got tired of all the carbs, bloating, water retention, weight gain, foggy thinking, etc. I do have the occasional drink; but, I really do mean occasional.

No, alcohol is degenerate. I am 41 and everyone I know around my age who still drinks regularly is a complete loser.

JamesGatz

I drink liquor everyday - i am quite fond of the dopaminergic/low-serotonin effects -

It really depends on how stressed I am that day but it definitely helps me deal with my life issues a lot easier and my metabolism can definitely handle it I'm no lightweight

Hugh Johnson

N
Do you drink alcoholic beverages? If so, what do you drink? How often, and how much?
Never. I stopped because I seemed to gain nothing from them. I tried one drink with my gf recently, and we noted how I lost sensitivity. My touch was relatively crude even after half a drink.

Seems like a waste time, money, energy and possibly harmful.

-Luke-

My last alcoholic beverage was in September 2017. Just never liked it (the only alcoholic beverage I halfway enjoyed was some clear stuff like Wodka with OJ or coke) and up until that point I only drank alcohol out of peer pressure. Can't say abstinence has had an extraordinary effect on my health and mental health, but didn't drink much to begin with.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I deliberately never drink. I respond poorly to alcohol. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, apart from the social weirdness/awkwardness that I face when meeting new people. If they can't accept the fact that I don't drink, then it's a struggle. I can take certain compounds to make me HYPER confident, calm and outgoing without even needing alcohol.

tankasnowgod

I went from once or twice a week, to rarely (and a daily drinker back in the day). Meaning, I won't have any alcohol for several months or so, and then maybe drink alcohol on vacation. The only other time I use alcohol is if I have some bad food, like I suspect potential food poisoning. No known pathogen can survive in alcohol...... or, so I've heard, at least. And it seems to work.

It's no longer a regular thing at all. I haven't noticed many health benefits, which is a bit unfortunate, but I don't miss the feeling of the day after, usually meaning I would sleep really late. I think this may have to do with using cyproheptadine and other serotonin antagonists the past two years. Maybe also breaking up the habit of going to restaurants and bars, thanks to lockdown/vaccine requirements.

I am at the point I could take it or leave it, and more often than not, I leave it. The desire to drink just isn't there.

stumpus

Once a week max... on Saturday nights when I allow myself my only "bad meal" for the week. But even then, it's highly optional, and I only end up having something alcoholic not even half the time. When I was younger, alcohol made me feel good; it gave me a warm, euphoric feeling. I don't really get that anymore, and part of me is still chasing that feeling when I still do drink. The thing is I was never a big drinker, anyway, so why that changed I have no idea. It relaxes me somewhat but beyond that, it's just getting to a point where any returns just aren't worth the cost (physically). My diet is on total lockdown at all other times, and I feel too good/clean. Even my "bad meals" have become less indulgent over the years... but I do still enjoy them.. or at least the freedom I feel that one moment gives me.

Old Irenaeus

On August 4th I will celebrate 3 years alcohol-free. There were many reasons that I quit. Currently I am a 44 year old woman, I am 5'10 and about 130 lb. Quitting was the best thing I ever did for my health. The last year of my drinking I would experience a lot of water retention and stomach bloat and it seemed that less and less alcohol would cause more and more hangover.

In addition, when I was drinking and I would make poor decisions regarding food, outrageous and inappropriate behavior, driving when I shouldn't. I would eat crap and then feel awful the next day. Even when I was only drinking a little bit I am just so attuned to my body I could tell that it was slowly poisoning me.
A few times in the past I have taken one year or six months off from drinking. I had made a decision not to drink anymore, but my social situation made that very awkward. Recently I had two great days of enjoying drinks with friends. Both times, I took taurine and b1 beforehand. The first time I just had fun, but the second time I drank for too long and went too long without eating. Then I was saying stupid things that I regretted later. So, I feel inspired again to go alcohol free. But if I do have an occasional drink I will probably stick to a Cuba libre with Mexican coke and white rum or a Tequila sunrise.

PATB

I dislike alcohol. Within 30 minutes to an hour I already feel hangover. I don't know why. My parents and older brother all drink alcohol, seeming every day, and with meals even. I've never understood why someone would drink beer with a meal, I need something sugary or it feels wrong.

Yonebayashian

Alcohol is gay and gives me brain fog. If I want a socialization booster I just put some drops of progestE under my tongue and I can talk all day long.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals