• Yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
J

j.

Do you consume iodized salt at home?

Did you do differently before reading Peat?

Do you think iodine's RDA (150 mcg) is correct?

Peata

I just use Morton's Canning Salt at home. I used to use sea salt. When I'm elsewhere I use what they have, which is usually iodized salt. I don't know about the RDA.

J

j.

sara n. said:
j. said:
What do you think is a good amount of iodine to consume daily?

None, just me though as I'm extremely allergic to it.
sara n.

I'm talking about iodine in foods. Milk, cheese, eggs, shrimp have significant amounts of iodine. Are you allergicto these?

sara n.

j. said:
I'm talking about iodine in foods. Milk, cheese, eggs, shrimp have significant amounts of iodine. Are you allergicto these?

I am allergic to iodine (and iodides, any iodine compound by any name) wherever it is found. So the answer is yes, I am allergic to those things. I once began itching within 20 minutes of taking 1/4 tsp of a sea salt containing 18 mcg of iodine. I have some other allergies also, but iodine is primary. I use only Morton's salt.
I use the ThyCa low iodine diet as a basic guide.

In 25 years of avoidance, I have never developed even the beginning of a goiter.
sara n.

Birdie

No. I've come a long way. Was even supplementing Iodoral before I found Peat. Now, I take my own un-added to salt to restaurants. I used to take my sea salt. Unless it's in the restaurant food, I avoid iodized salt. I prefer the taste of the plain salt, too. That took a while since I loved various sea salts.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Herbie Have you noticed that carbs are the most difficult macro to consume? Diet 45
A How To Consume Brewer’s Yeast? Ask For Help or Advice 5
G Lab Test Shows HIGH Trans Fats But I Consume Zero Trans Fats. How Is This Possible? Blood Work, Labs 2
C Decalcification Purpose: Should Consume Calcium Or Not K 2
RealNeat Nigella Sativa, Only PUFA I Consume With Bliss Supplements 31
ScurveDream You Cannot Digest & Utilize Food, Protein, Etc. -- Everything You Consume Is Worthless Health 64
berk How Do You Know How Much Collagen You Consume? Diet 0
C How To Consume Coconut Oil By Itself Without Tasting Or Touching It Ask For Help or Advice 18
E If You Consume More Than You Burn Shiitake Extract Reduces Body Fat Increase (08-2019 Animal Study) Scientific Studies 3
B Why Specifically Is Alcohol Bad To Consume? Ask For Help or Advice 33
J Best Way To Consume Liver Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 8
Captain_Coconut High Temps And Feeling Well When I Consume Smaller More Frequent Meals Ask For Help or Advice 34
S Gelatin Okay To Consume With Cold Water? Gelatin 2
J Is It Better To Consume More Carbs In AM Or PM? Diet 6
R Has Anyone Else Realized A Metabolic Diet Ulitmatetly Leads One To Consume Primairly Liquids? Diet 15
D Should I Drink/Consume My Bone Broth That Won't Gel Or Dump It &Try Again Gelatin 1
GutFeeling Is Wheat Grass Safe To Consume? Diet 3
Soybean What Information Does RPF Consume? Miscellaneous 1
B Why I Will No Longer Consume Prepacked Fruit/fruit Juice Fruit Juice 28
U Consume The Same Food With Little To No Change, Could Cause Your Body To Reject It Eventually Ask For Help or Advice 23
honeyinthesun Study Shows Infants Do Better On Developmental Tests When Their Mothers Consume More Fruit Science 2
Adnada How To Consume Aspirin Powder Aspirin 24
J Pregnant Women Who Consume BPA Might Have Hypothyroid Boys Health 14
J Consume coffee AND vitamin E when eating liver? Articles & Scientific Studies 0
JCastro Dangers Of Iodized Salt; Normal Use Rapidly Induces Iodine Toxicity Scientific Studies 55
Captain_Coconut DIY Iodized Oil Recipes 34
milk_lover Iodized salt made my feet and hands exceptionally warm -- what gives? Diet 25
J Iodized and fluoridated salt Sodium 13
GorillaHead Increased salt intake leads to endothelial dysfunction? Diet 1
J Salt Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hgreen56 Salt, Sugar, And Dietary Fat Trigger Opioids In The Brain Which Can Contribute To Overeating Diet 4
BigYellowLemon Salt Enhances/potentiates GABA Scientific Studies 5
Hgreen56 How Much Salt Do You Take? Diet 1
GorillaHead Salt Loading Induced Acute Hyperhidrosis And Cold Hands Why! Ask For Help or Advice 25
Mr. God of Cars Salt / Sodium And Hypertension Health 0
C Sodium 50% Reduced Salt Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 0
J Hydration = Salt & Sugar Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 10
I Salt, Libido, CFS Metabolism 4
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat Sugar And Salt Cause Dehydration Debate - Anti-Peat 27
Digital Samurai Sweaty Palms Ever Since Starting NDT (salt, Preg Not Helping) Natural Dessicated Thyroid 9
zarrin77 Mega Salt Diet Improves Type 1 Diabetes In Children And Increases Glucose Oxidation Scientific Studies 28
Evgenij Salt Applications Acidity vs. Alkalinity 1
JanP Transdermal / Sublingual Absorbtion Of Salt? Absorbing Salt Without Ingesting It Ask For Help or Advice 8
haidut High-salt Diet Strongly Inhibits Cancer Growth Scientific Studies 9
D Making Your Own Transdermal Epsom Salt Does It Absorb Throug The Skin? Magnesium 0
zarrin77 Very High Salt Intake (50g A Day) Increases Metabolism, Makes People Energetic And Happy Scientific Studies 132
zarrin77 High Salt Diet In Rats Almost Doubles Testosterone Levels, But Scientific Studies 29
A Panic Rush After Eating Bananas/taking Potassium Salt Ask For Help or Advice 38
C Salt Or Baking Soda? Ask For Help or Advice 7
M Eggs, Ghee, Salt, & Temps Diet 11