Do You Consider Peat The Epitome Of Global Health?

Agent207

Do you consider Peat a reference of health state? I mean, his cognitive performance is excellent, no doubt of that.. but is his physical capability at the same level (taking his age as reference)? For me balance between both is key for health.

There's people about his age that still climb ropes, do push/pull ups, manage their body weight, sprint, great flexibility, cold resistant... simple things like that, nothing extreme either.

I'm not talking about running marathons, going to failure or absurdly extenuating tasks. Things usual from a healthy functional physique. For me the capability of the body to respond and cope with several types of short stress sources -not just mental but physical too- is another proof of health. Its a sign of good energy conversion and deployment when the body is pushed from a sudden demand.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

I am wondering how do you know that Peat cannot do any of the things you've mentioned above?

Also, many of those old people may be following "Peat." His only real "rule" is to be low PUFA, which many older people probably do if they eat primarily meat, veg, potatoes etc. Everything else is subjective.

Tarmander

Those who experiment and live in the trenches can tell us solid truths to live our lives by. But the scars they carry from that experimentation are very real. I'll never get back the two years of hair analysis I have to Dr. Wilson and I think it was net bad for me. But I have the knowledge...

Edit: basically I'm saying knowledge costs you and Ray is preeettyy knowledgeable

Last edited:

Stryker

its apparent he spent alot of his life revealing the truths about biology and nutrition and not climbing ropes and doing pushups.

does his "diet" apply to excercise? yes it does .

imo you cant balance between cognition and physical health.. they go hand in hand

sele

Do you consider Peat a reference of health state? I mean, his cognitive performance is excellent, no doubt of that.. but is his physical capability at the same level (taking his age as reference)? For me balance between both is key for health.

There's people about his age that still climb ropes, do push/pull ups, manage their body weight, sprint, great flexibility, cold resistant... simple things like that, nothing extreme either.

I'm not talking about running marathons, going to failure or absurdly extenuating tasks. Things usual from a healthy functional physique. For me the capability of the body to respond and cope with several types of short stress sources -not just mental but physical too- is another proof of health. Its a sign of good energy conversion and deployment when the body is pushed from a sudden demand.
My sensei used to say:
Don't judge the teacher, judge the lesson. ;)

DaveFoster

its apparent he spent alot of his life revealing the truths about biology and nutrition and not climbing ropes and doing pushups.

does his "diet" apply to excercise? yes it does .

imo you cant balance between cognition and physical health.. they go hand in hand
Pretty much this. Ronnie Coleman doesn't seem very depressed. Now that I think of it, he's probably the happiest personality I can recall.

OP
A

Agent207

My sensei used to say:
Don't judge the teacher, judge the lesson. ;)
I have to agree with your sensei.

Or better said, you can judge both independently, but don't let the outcome of a judge affect the other.

But bear in mind that is the usual thing people here tends to do when its presented here some health advicer, guru..etc with opposite ideas. They took the looks and he's judged for it.

OP
A

Agent207

Pretty much this. Ronnie Coleman doesn't seem very depressed. Now that I think of it, he's probably the happiest personality I can recall.

Nobody that doesn't "look" depressed on the street -let alone the media or internet-, is gonna be depressed for sure. Facebook is full of emotional plenty and all happy people.

Stryker

Nobody that doesn't "look" depressed on the street -let alone the media or internet-, is gonna be depressed for sure. Facebook is full of emotional plenty and all happy people.

i totally agree , but i cant think of anyone who is in genuine good health who "looks" like ***t physically

im not saying if you have mental health your going to look ripped or be able to 100 pushups or run 3km in 7 minutes.. those are things you have to train for

but in a general sense happy confident and content people dont seem to have many obvious physical problems