Do we need to pre-dessolve gelatin in hot water?

success23

Do we always need to dissolve gelatin in hot water in order to be fully absorbed by the body?
We all know that gelatin in cold water forms "clumps" but i am wondering if stomach acid can handle those "clumps".
I wonder if collagen is better option while i am at work because i cant heat up water there..

Do we always need to dissolve gelatin in hot water in order to be fully absorbed by the body?
We all know that gelatin in cold water forms "clumps" but i am wondering if stomach acid can handle those "clumps".
I wonder if collagen is better option while i am at work because i cant heat up water there..

Yes you have to “bloom” gelatin. You might want to take the collagen while at work rather than use a microwave, after reading this….

View: https://youtu.be/TTzDrx0SE3k

ALS

Knox Gelatin forms clumps in cold water, however, Now Foods gelatin does not, in my experience. I always put gelatin in cold fruit juice for a couple minutes to let it soften, then heat it to dissolve it. You could also add hot water. Knox just seems to be a lot worse re clumping.