Do Vitamin D And Other Fat Soluble Vitamins Improve Or Worsen Autoimmunity?

BigChad

Vitamin D may exacerbate autoimmune disease

It's confusing because I have read some articles saying people have reversed or improved autoimmunity with vitamin D yet others like this state that vitamin D lowers inflammation in the short term but spreads bacteria and disease in the long term which sounds very similar to omega 3.

Regarding vitamin k2 and k1, I have read they can boost the immune system and worsen autoimmunity symptoms? I've seen a few people on here state as such, and that K worsened hair loss in at least one person.

I'm unsure if vitamin A, D, E, K, and C are okay to take in supplement form with autoimmune diseases

mrsuomi

I believe vitamin A makes it worse and high dose Vitamin d makes it better. I don't have any proof just personal experience

It's confusing because I have read some articles saying people have reversed or improved autoimmunity with vitamin D yet others like this state that vitamin D lowers inflammation in the short term but spreads bacteria and disease in the long term which sounds very similar to omega 3.

Regarding vitamin k2 and k1, I have read they can boost the immune system and worsen autoimmunity symptoms? I've seen a few people on here state as such, and that K worsened hair loss in at least one person.

I'm unsure if vitamin A, D, E, K, and C are okay to take in supplement form with autoimmune diseases

The "Vitamin D is suppressive" thing comes from trevor marshall,and he is for most conditions wrong.
He had an autoimmune disorder that deregulated VD-action,but he didnt treated himself in the way of his
advocacy,he just took ABs.What type of Autoimmune disorder are we talking?

It is proven that catabolic conditions like Immune disorders increase the need for all substances,not decreasing it.Please reconsider omega-3 intake,atleast low dose,
to balance the existing,needed 6:3 ratio of 1:1.
Peat is the only one in the World who says that PUFA like ARA and DHA are not
essential,but Poison.He just doesnt have enough evidence,they are more fragile,
and harmful if getting rancid,but all substances in the body become dangerous if
they go out of specification.

Increased intake of all vitamins and elements is advised for all disorders which create increased
demand for energyproduction or tissuegeneration.

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

high dose vitamin D definantly treats autoimmunity. I have seem it happen.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
So if Vit D is a secosteriod, you would expect to see less inflammation and to feel better in the (relatively) short term, but might it not be counterproductive in the long term?

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
For the time being, I have been avoiding all fat-soluble supplements until I get a better handle on the pros/cons. Having a half-way decent diet should be sufficient most of the time.

Daniil

Vitamins A and E are well-known immunomodulators and I think they can enhance autoimmunity, even though they are antiestrogenic.