Do vitamin A supplements deplete vitamin A?

Motif

They also claim copper supplements don’t raise copper and ceruloplasmin I think.

something like this can’t be so hard to find out I guess? Why is everything so conflicting

Dave Clark

The conventional wisdom is that copper supplements are a copper2 form that doesn't get taken up by the cells properly, and then gets stored, attributing to copper toxicity. Copper 1 found in plant sources is supposed to be the form that is used and accepted into the cells for the ETC, etc.
Where is the data showing vitamin A supplements deplete A? There are many out there that ridicule the forms of retinol in supplements, but all you have to do is go to the thread against vitamin A supplements to make your head spin.

Motif

The conventional wisdom is that copper supplements are a copper2 form that doesn't get taken up by the cells properly, and then gets stored, attributing to copper toxicity. Copper 1 found in plant sources is supposed to be the form that is used and accepted into the cells for the ETC, etc.
Where is the data showing vitamin A supplements deplete A? There are many out there that ridicule the forms of retinol in supplements, but all you have to do is go to the thread against vitamin A supplements to make your head spin.
Is this really the conventional wisdom?
So copper from chlorophyll with copper complex would be a good source ...

I have no idea what to believe to be honest.
I was reading in this forum people got their copper and ceruloplasmin up with copper supplements too

Dave Clark

Is this really the conventional wisdom?he
So copper from chlorophyll with copper complex would be a good source ...

I have no idea what to believe to be honest.
I was reading in this forum people got their copper and ceruloplasmin up with copper supplements too
Perhaps that was a misnomer, however, it is conventional only to people that have subscribed to the idea that the different copper forms function differently in the body, as well as things like oral vitamin D and retinol levels affecting the ceruloplasmin levels and the regulation or dysregulation of copper.
When these 'experts' make claims about vitamin A supplements causing depletion of vitamin A, it smacks of the 'anti-vitamin' propaganda that a lot of these purists spew out, and often times have no science to back their claims up (or clinical or anecdotal evidence). I'll believe it when I see the science. Some of these same people think omega-3 oils are good to consume, just because it came from nature.

Motif

Perhaps that was a misnomer, however, it is conventional only to people that have subscribed to the idea that the different copper forms function differently in the body, as well as things like oral vitamin D and retinol levels affecting the ceruloplasmin levels and the regulation or dysregulation of copper.
When these 'experts' make claims about vitamin A supplements causing depletion of vitamin A, it smacks of the 'anti-vitamin' propaganda that a lot of these purists spew out, and often times have no science to back their claims up (or clinical or anecdotal evidence). I'll believe it when I see the science. Some of these same people think omega-3 oils are good to consume, just because it came from nature.
Oh now I got it. Thanks

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Best Vitamin A and Copper supplements? Ask For Help or Advice 38
pauljacob This Doctor Says Vitamin D Supplements Are Useless Vitamins 19
Tristan Loscha Shelf Life After Opening Of Prescription Medicines And Supplements With Vitamin D3 D 6
D Sun Sensitivity Issue Related To Reactivated Epstein-Barr Virus. Best Supplements? Vitamin D? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J The Best Vitamin E, Vitamin K And Magnesium Supplements Macros & Micros 16
Such_Umami Guidance On Vitamin E Supplements Ask For Help or Advice 8
S Chlorinated Paraffins In Vitamin E Supplements From Palm Oil E 6
L Vitamin C Supplements, Heavy Metal Contamination, Ray Peat C 27
Mito Vitamin D Supplements To Maintain Or Improve Musculoskeletal Health D 0
L Comparison Between Good Quality Vitamin E Supplements E 11
N Need Help With Intolerance To Vitamin D Supplements Ask For Help or Advice 33
F Vitamin B6 And B12 Supplements Appear To Cause Cancer In Men Cancer 14
Amazoniac Treatment Of Cirrhosis Of The Liver By A Nutritious Diet And Supplements Rich In Vitamin B Complex Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 56
Y vitamin E & other supplements linked to cancer risk? E 2
J Good Alpha/Gamma Tocopherol Ratio in Vitamin E Supplements E 10
J Micellized Vitamin A Supplements A 6
Bluebell What B Vitamin Supplements Does Peat Endorse? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 22
Gabriel High Dose Vitamin E Supplements Antagonize Vitamin K K 8
charlie Argument Not To Take Vitamin D Supplements D 7
G vitamin D supplements Light 5
N Vitamin E Supplements E 70
P Study: Vitamin A theory of vaccine injury Scientific Studies 15
haidut Vitamin D can force cancer cells to differentiate back into normal Scientific Studies 0
haidut Oral testosterone + vitamin E may treat NAFLD, NASH, cirrhosis in humans Scientific Studies 5
haidut Glucose + vitamin B3 combo synergistic for treating mitochondrial disease Scientific Studies 1
haidut Nine out of ten COVID-19 deaths may be due to vitamin D deficiency Scientific Studies 12
S Vitamin E overuse? Ask For Help or Advice 9
K Why does vitamin K2 mk4 make my skin dry? K 4
B Tissue concentrations of Menaquinone-4 (Vitamin K2 MK-4) Scientific Studies 0
youngsinatra Can High Vitamin D Compensate Lower Dietary Calcium? Ask For Help or Advice 2
A Does vitamin K supplementation deplete vitamin E? Vitamins 25
youngsinatra Vitamin D - Don‘t Guess, But Test! Ask For Help or Advice 30
cjm "Vitamin E inhibits the activation of NF‐kB, with the greatest inhibition seen with the succinate form." Scientific Studies 2
Pina Kale Water Vitamin K Content Diet 1
youngsinatra Post Your Experience With Topical Vitamin A Here Metabolism 17
Jon2547 Koncentrated K brand of Vitamin K Vitamins 12
M B-Complex or Bee Pollen supplement? Vitamin A supplement or Cod liver oil? Ask For Help or Advice 3
P High dose vitamin k2 around 45mg makes vericocele vanish Male Issues 7
M Does cooking vegetables destroy their vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 11
Ras Vitamin C neutralizes chlorine in water C 1
Quelsatron A very confusing month? (vitamin D, magnesium, liver) Ask For Help or Advice 33
Mauritio Vitamin E succinate decreases melanoma size by 650% in vivo Scientific Studies 42
charlie Vitamin B1 in critically ill patients: needs and challenges Scientific Studies 53
C Vitamin D, daily low dose or infrequent high dose? Vitamins 11
G How relevant are serum vitamin tests? Vitamins 11
D Vitamin D Always High! Blood Work, Labs 13
Q Is Vitamin D induced serotonin syndrome possible? Please hear me out... Ask For Help or Advice 60
T VItamin D Megadose accident, what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
N Home made vitamin D... Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
bzmazu Why politicians and doctors keep ignoring the medical research on Vitamin D and Covid Rant or Rave 2