Do this first for gut health before anything else!

RealNeat

I get what you're saying. Only about 60% of vit D from supplements are taken up by vit D binding protein, whereas synthesized D is taken up 100%. So there is clearly a difference between how the two routes are processed. I prefer sunlight ofc.
Where are you located, latitude wise? Also, what season is it there? Do you eat enough calcium to suppress PTH?
Some people can't synthesize enough D because they don't have enough cholesterol in their skin, or the previt D that's created go to other metabolites.
People with wool allergies can have problems with supp D3. The mast cell activation etc... really could be an irritation from the supplement manufacturing. I know this is overstated everywhere here, but it really is an important factor to consider. High EMF exposure is also a conflicting factor for synthesis.

Last edited:
I know this will be anti-Peat and even against what I'd recommend, but what about cod liver oil. Just asking because upping vit D can and should help a lot for you. And even getting it from cod liver oil might work. Herring and Salmon are actually very good sources of D.
Thank you for trying to help out but I don't think I'm willing to go that route. I think D I got from milk, cheese, eggs and some seafood would be enough if I try to remove the cause of inflammation [Like I mostly did before I started supplementing stuff].

I think risk outweigh the benefits:

Q: Are fish oils good for you?
RP: Some of the unsaturated fats in fish are definitely less toxic than those in corn oil or soy oil, but that doesn't mean they are safe. Fifty years ago, it was found that a large amount of cod liver oil in dogs' diet increased their death rate from cancer by 20 times, from the usual 5% to 100%. A diet rich in fish oil causes intense production of toxic lipid peroxides, and has been observed to reduce a man's sperm count to zero.

Fwiw I heard Georgi say that in the presence of cortisol Vit D cannot be synthesized.. This finally helped me make sense of how I could be low D while laying out into the sun a LOT but also intermittent fasting and doing carnivore.
I can't remember the interview or podcast sorry
In my case D3 increased all the stress hormones. I was in a perfectly "good condition" before D3 exacerbated my problems and created some new ones.
People will wool allergies can have problems with supp D3. The mast cell activation etc... really could be an irritation from the supplement manufacturing. I know this is overstated everywhere here, but it really is an important factor to consider.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

RealNeat

Thank you for trying to help out but I don't think I'm willing to go that route. I think D I got from milk, cheese, eggs and some seafood would be enough if I try to remove the cause of inflammation [Like I mostly did before I started supplementing stuff].

I think risk outweigh the benefits:

Q: Are fish oils good for you?
RP: Some of the unsaturated fats in fish are definitely less toxic than those in corn oil or soy oil, but that doesn't mean they are safe. Fifty years ago, it was found that a large amount of cod liver oil in dogs' diet increased their death rate from cancer by 20 times, from the usual 5% to 100%. A diet rich in fish oil causes intense production of toxic lipid peroxides, and has been observed to reduce a man's sperm count to zero.

In my case D3 increased all the stress hormones. I was in a perfectly "good condition" before D3 exacerbated my problems and created some new ones.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Some good info:

And I don't agree with everything here (much like the rest of Kruses' work) but it's an interesting read: TENSEGRITY #7: BLACK HOLE SUN, HERE WE COME

Dr. B

Thanks. Glad he is improving or has improved a lot. I'd recon that getting sunlight daily if possible would be even more beneficial.
is it important to sunbathe nude some say you should be fully nude and expose in particular, the eyes, full face, testes to the sunlight

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
is it important to sunbathe nude some say you should be fully nude and expose in particular, the eyes, full face, testes to the sunlight
It doesn't have to be nude, but red light on the testes can boost steroidogenesis. Your testes can burn quickly, so limit it to 5 min exposure and work up from there.

dogtrainer

Hans, have you ever seen firsthand vitamin d supplementation help someone with bacterial overgrowth?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, have you ever seen firsthand vitamin d supplementation help someone with bacterial overgrowth?
Not on its own, but IME, sunlight is much better for the gut compared to vit D supps.