Do this first for gut health before anything else!

Hans

Forum Supporter

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
That is a great article. My husband had some colitis last summer and he has been taking Vit. D, using turmeric on his lunch and ginger on his breakfast and everything has improved for him.

He also takes one teaspoon of Manuka honey every morning before breakfast. We don't know about the long term use of it and may not buy more after he uses it up.

"When we hear/read of RAAS, we think of hypertension. But angiotensin II, which is responsible for causing vasoconstriction can also induce inflammation in the gut.
Low vitamin D leads to enhanced colonic RAAS activation. And treatment with angiotensin II receptor blocker losartan markedly alleviated colitis
."

This is interesting.
So, merely a blood pressure dysregulation could cause all these inflammatory conditions.
Do you think albumin is closely connected with RAAS?
Since albumin is the primary antioxidant used in countering the spillover ROS arising from neutrophil-based phagocytosis.
So, more bacterial/fungal/parasitic activity = more albumin being lost = dysregulated blood pressure?

Therefore blood pressure dysregulation is the consequence of pathogenic activity?

Trevor Marshall was using olmesartan - angiotensin receptor II blocker - to stimulate VDR receptor - which will then activate the innate immune system to fight the pathogens. This makes more sense now I guess.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
That is a great article. My husband had some colitis last summer and he has been taking Vit. D, using turmeric on his lunch and ginger on his breakfast and everything has improved for him.

He also takes one teaspoon of Manuka honey every morning before breakfast. We don't know about the long term use of it and may not buy more after he uses it up.
Thanks. Glad he is improving or has improved a lot. I'd recon that getting sunlight daily if possible would be even more beneficial.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Since albumin is the primary antioxidant used in countering the spillover ROS arising from neutrophil-based phagocytosis.
So, more bacterial/fungal/parasitic activity = more albumin being lost = dysregulated blood pressure?

Therefore blood pressure dysregulation is the consequence of pathogenic activity?
Could be. The albumin to creatinine ratio is increased in hypertension. But it perhaps just all stems back to low D for the most part. Low D leads to dysbiosis, inflammation and elevated RAAS, all of which can cause all kinds of problems.

Could be. The albumin to creatinine ratio is increased in hypertension. But it perhaps just all stems back to low D for the most part. Low D leads to dysbiosis, inflammation and elevated RAAS, all of which can cause all kinds of problems.
Yeah but what leads to low VIT D? I don't think it's lack of sunlight.

I think it's the pathogenic activity.
Of course this is just my take based in my experience.

I'm low VIT D [20,80] who has crohn's disease with a adequate sunlight exposure.
My albumin was low 3 months ago [31,20] I will measure it very soon again since I think it's much lower now.

VIT D3 supplementation gave me symptoms of hypercalcemia and mast cell activation which till this day [3 months so far I believe ] didn't resolved.
Actually I damaged myself even further in trying to heal the negative consequences of D3 supplementation.

So all I'm saying is that there is more to the picture to what upregulate and downregulate hormone D in the body. I don't think it's a deficiency. It's downregulation of hormone D. And supplementing D3 specifically could force hormone D in a certain direction which is not always desirable.

After supplementing D3 I cannot even expose myself to the sunlight anymore, because [almost day later] I get some skin discoloration/brown moles on my face or skin.

OccamzRazer

Good stuff as always @Hans !

Do you have any opinions on colonic hydrotherapy? Seems to me it would make a great addition to the items in your article's "supercharge it" section.

Interesting observations...have you tried colonic hydrotherapy? Perhaps it could eliminate bad microbes enough to help direct vitamin D towards its ideal applications?
Did it when I was younger. Didn't help with anything.
But then again - I was consuming really unhealthy "gluten free" diet with lot's of nuts and ***t.

Huh. It might do best when paired with a low-fiber diet afterwards.
Fiber in a forum of cellulose I think has great benefits.
So like green leafy vegetables, carrots, most fruits and even potatoes in the right environment are quite beneficial.

Low fiber is trash in my honest opinion :)

OccamzRazer

So like green leafy vegetables, carrots, most fruits and even potatoes in the right environment are quite beneficial.
Totally, especially carrots and shrooms!

Just not for a little while after colonic sessions, IMO low-fiber diets might be best as a cyclical thing.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah but what leads to low VIT D? I don't think it's lack of sunlight.

I think it's the pathogenic activity.
Of course this is just my take based in my experience.

I'm low VIT D [20,80] who has crohn's disease with a adequate sunlight exposure.
My albumin was low 3 months ago [31,20] I will measure it very soon again since I think it's much lower now.

VIT D3 supplementation gave me symptoms of hypercalcemia and mast cell activation which till this day [3 months so far I believe ] didn't resolved.
Actually I damaged myself even further in trying to heal the negative consequences of D3 supplementation.

So all I'm saying is that there is more to the picture to what upregulate and downregulate hormone D in the body. I don't think it's a deficiency. It's downregulation of hormone D. And supplementing D3 specifically could force hormone D in a certain direction which is not always desirable.

After supplementing D3 I cannot even expose myself to the sunlight anymore, because [almost day later] I get some skin discoloration/brown moles on my face or skin.
I get what you're saying. Only about 60% of vit D from supplements are taken up by vit D binding protein, whereas synthesized D is taken up 100%. So there is clearly a difference between how the two routes are processed. I prefer sunlight ofc.
Where are you located, latitude wise? Also, what season is it there? Do you eat enough calcium to suppress PTH?
Some people can't synthesize enough D because they don't have enough cholesterol in their skin, or the previt D that's created go to other metabolites.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good stuff as always @Hans !

Do you have any opinions on colonic hydrotherapy? Seems to me it would make a great addition to the items in your article's "supercharge it" section.
Thanks man. I haven't looked into that so can't comment.

Can you get sunlight? Do you eat enough calcium to suppress PTH?
I'm avoiding sunlight as much as I can at the moment since I don't want to look like a lipofuscined 80 year old man :)

I do get around 400ml of milk + cheese + cooked green leafy vegetables 4-5x a week.

When I'm in an inflamed state I usually lower calcium since it makes me feel worse.
Especially in my gut an lungs - I supposed it's some kind of plaquing going on - especially based on my recent experiences.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with magnesium bicarbonate in the upcoming days since I think it could be more important than calcium for an inflamed person :)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm avoiding sunlight as much as I can at the moment since I don't want to look like a lipofuscined 80 year old man :)

I do get around 400ml of milk + cheese + cooked green leafy vegetables 4-5x a week.

When I'm in an inflamed state I usually lower calcium since it makes me feel worse.
Especially in my gut an lungs - I supposed it's some kind of plaquing going on - especially based on my recent experiences.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with magnesium bicarbonate in the upcoming days since I think it could be more important than calcium for an inflamed person :)
I know this will be anti-Peat and even against what I'd recommend, but what about cod liver oil. Just asking because upping vit D can and should help a lot for you. And even getting it from cod liver oil might work. Herring and Salmon are actually very good sources of D.

GorillaHead

"When we hear/read of RAAS, we think of hypertension. But angiotensin II, which is responsible for causing vasoconstriction can also induce inflammation in the gut.
Low vitamin D leads to enhanced colonic RAAS activation. And treatment with angiotensin II receptor blocker losartan markedly alleviated colitis
."

This is interesting.
So, merely a blood pressure dysregulation could cause all these inflammatory conditions.

Trevor Marshall was using olmesartan - angiotensin receptor II blocker - to stimulate VDR receptor - which will then activate the innate immune system to fight the pathogens. This makes more sense now I guess.
Very interesting because my old ibd came about during adderall use. And tgere is one case study of a women bleeding and then cessation after use of amphetamines. Luckily dont use amphetamines and cured now for years

AncestralJoy

Fwiw I heard Georgi say that in the presence of cortisol Vit D cannot be synthesized.. This finally helped me make sense of how I could be low D while laying out into the sun a LOT but also intermittent fasting and doing carnivore.
I can't remember the interview or podcast sorry

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals