Do they have to be button mushrooms?

Peato Diet

White mushrooms — commonly known as buttons, cups and flats — are actually the same mushroom at different stages of growth.

Ray mentions button mushrooms specifically. Is there a reason for this or will any white mushroom do?

mostlylurking

White mushrooms — commonly known as buttons, cups and flats — are actually the same mushroom at different stages of growth.

Ray mentions button mushrooms specifically. Is there a reason for this or will any white mushroom do?
I think the white button mushrooms are specifically recommended for their anti-cancer benefits.

brocktoon

I think the white button mushrooms are specifically recommended for their anti-cancer benefits.
I think various mushrooms have anti-cancer properties, perhaps some more so than white buttons. Ray may recommend them for being anti-estrogenic more than anything. I too would like to know what other shrooms are on par with white buttons in this regard...

mostlylurking

I think various mushrooms have anti-cancer properties, perhaps some more so than white buttons. Ray may recommend them for being anti-estrogenic more than anything. I too would like to know what other shrooms are on par with white buttons in this regard...
Ray may have also been taking into consideration the amount of toxins in the white button mushrooms vs. other varieties. I think it's the cyanide issue, which Ray says can be minimized by cooking them to death.

brocktoon

Ray may have also been taking into consideration the amount of toxins in the white button mushrooms vs. other varieties. I think it's the cyanide issue, which Ray says can be minimized by cooking them to death.
Oh, I think I remember him saying it is the hydrazine in them that can be "boiled out."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals