Do These Labs Indicate Which Antibiotic May Be Useful?

RayPeatFan777

Stool test:

l7JWdr5.png

LshmlGO.png

NP = non pathogen
NG = no growth

Urine Culture:

upload_2019-7-27_1-13-45.png

Coming to the end of day 3 of amoxicillin 500mg x 3 with no effects. Drugs like cypro won't help my high stress state even in very high doses, nothing helps so im going down this route.

I know the Urine culture suggests a few drugs might work but they dont seem like safe suggestions, cipro is something i could never take. Do the bacteria levels in the stool suggest an antibiotic may be effective?

Last edited:

CLASH

What about trying the antibiotics clindamycin or gentamicin that the UTI bacteria seems succeptible to?

Since the bacteria is resistant to penicillin theres a chance its resistant to amoxicillin.

The stool test looks ok, just looks like your eating a wierd diet compared to the norm. The bacterial populations adjust based on the diet in my experienced. A high sugar, low starch/ low fiber diet, atleast from my reading and stool tests seems to really increase the bacteroides group. The antibitics used to wipe out the uti may also wipe out the supposed pathogen in your stool.

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

What about trying the antibiotics clindamycin or gentamicin that the UTI bacteria seems succeptible to?

Since the bacteria is resistant to penicillin theres a chance its resistant to amoxicillin.

The stool test looks ok, just looks like your eating a wierd diet compared to the norm. The bacterial populations adjust based on the diet in my experienced. A high sugar, low starch/ low fiber diet, atleast from my reading and stool tests seems to really increase the bacteroides group. The antibitics used to wipe out the uti may also wipe out the supposed pathogen in your stool.
Gentamicin is injection only i think and I would have the source these myself.
Clindamycin I think I could source but to be honest because ive never heard it mentioned around these parts and ray has never mentioned it, I dont know if this is a risky antibiotic to take rather than one of the "safer" ones.

This UTI test is 2-3 years old but I knew nothing at all about antibiotics at the time and was scared. Not possible to get it re-tested privately in my country anymore but I assume the uti wouldnt just become resistant to clindamycin because I didnt treat it quickly enough ? and who knows when I caught the infection in the first place.

Your findings with stool tests and diet are interesting.