Do Some People Want To Live In Poverty And Pain Subconciously

johnwester130

I have noticed that when a society has a problem,
health or environment or the economic system or whatever,
and someone presents a solution to that problem,
they are shot down and destroyed by the media and online.

Jem Oz

Yes. I also believe the "progressive" left (and of course the media) are addicted to crisis and catastrophe. It's unconscious. They need to believe things are dire and the apocalypse is coming. Lots and lots of people feel extremely uncomfortable feeling good, optimistic, healthy, happy, and that there might be abundance. I myself have detected strains of these things internally, and have been working on it the last few years. It's confronting stuff, which is why most people don't opt to change or grow.

Tarmander

This is definitely true.

I have seen others who use their poverty as a status symbol

When life isn't that bad, but it's a little bad, vanity reigns

ThinPicking

I'm in the UK, where we're getting veiled suggestions to shame other people for disobeying WHO/SAGE 'advice'. I see it to some extent on a personal level as I make a subtle suggestiont novel, positive social experiences positively modulate the immune system. That's before I say anything about dietary adjustment, rest and freah air.

I don't think think the answer to your question is yes but I don't have an alternative idea yet. There's some deep psychology here.

lampofred

I think mild pain and drama can be metabolic stimulants. The people who subtly enjoy crises are probably hypothyroid.

lampofred

I think mild pain and drama can be metabolic stimulants. The people who subtly enjoy crises are probably hypothyroid.

Constatine

It depends on the context of course but many times when this happens it is one of two things.
1) said idea fundamentally conflicts with their world view.
2) the discussion is a battle of egos rather than a proper discourse. If the discourse has tribalistic factors this is even more apparent.

Edit: Sort of relating to point 1. People often desire reality to fit their preconceived notions or rather their own "map of reality" even if this perceived reality is negative in nature. A negative reality can be horrible but the idea that reality is anything but what we perceive it to be is many times more horrifying as it implies stability cannot be found (there is also the factor that we are invested in many of our assumptions). Thus people are often hostile to ideas that challenge their perception. This perception isn't just "what is" but also extends to what can be or is expected to be.

Last edited:

Peater

I'm in the UK, where we're getting veiled suggestions to shame other people for disobeying WHO/SAGE 'advice'. I see it to some extent on a personal level as I make a subtle suggestiont novel, positive social experiences positively modulate the immune system. That's before I say anything about dietary adjustment, rest and freah air.

I don't think think the answer to your question is yes but I don't have an alternative idea yet. There's some deep psychology here.

There's always been a nasty, petty, spiteful undertone to this country. The Neo-Stasi will be loving this.

Attachments

• 1587068129624.png
    1587068129624.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 25

postman

People are conditioned by the education system and by the media to only accept solutions from above, solutions that are sanctioned by the powers that be.

ThinPicking

There's always been a nasty, petty, spiteful undertone to this country. The Neo-Stasi will be loving this.
I know you're right but it's painful. I try not to think about it and skip stones across the water of as many open minds as I can find.

GMT100

It depends on the context of course but many times when this happens it is one of two things.
1) said idea fundamentally conflicts with their world view.
2) the discussion is a battle of egos rather than a proper discourse. If the discourse has tribalistic factors this is even more apparent.

Edit: Sort of relating to point 1. People often desire reality to fit their preconceived notions or rather their own "map of reality" even if this perceived reality is negative in nature. A negative reality can be horrible but the idea that reality is anything but what we perceive it to be is many times more horrifying as it implies stability cannot be found (there is also the factor that we are invested in many of our assumptions). Thus people are often hostile to ideas that challenge their perception. This perception isn't just "what is" but also extends to what can be or is expected to be.
''

well said

Pufa-Puffin

Some people get bored when they are constantly happy. They crave full range of emotions - possitive as well as negative. Some will do absolutely horrible things to experience that "emotional rollercoaster".

Also, a lot of people subconsciously don't belive they deserve good things and happy life, so they (subconsciously) sabotage their own happiness, and often they also sabotage the happines of other people while doing so.

DB_2014

The brainwashed masses love the victim mentality. When you accept the victim mentality for any situation, you lose responsibility (in your own mind at least) for any of the pain you are experiencing. Few people want responsibility these days. They are infinitely more content to blameshift their problems to someone else.

LUH 3417

People have a deep seated desire to be needed. Catastrophe makes people feel essential. I think it’s reductionist to say people create their own problems just to feel needed, though. It’s like saying people have kids just to be needed. I also don’t believe people unconsciously sabotage their own happiness. It sounds like Hindu karma, a child is born with a heart defect because it stole a crab in its past life, or whatever magical thinking people subscribe to in the face of the unknown and mysterious world of causality.

Pufa-Puffin

I also don’t believe people unconsciously sabotage their own happiness. It sounds like Hindu karma, a child is born with a heart defect because it stole a crab in its past life, or whatever magical thinking people subscribe to in the face of the unknown and mysterious world of causality.
Unlike Hindu karma, this phenomena was actually proven and very well described in medical literature, but I understand why you don't like my post.

LUH 3417

Unlike Hindu karma, this phenomena was actually proven and very well described in medical literature, but I understand why you don't like my post.
I’d be interested to see the medical literature, but I’m quite wary of calling psychology a science, and the implications of saying we know for certain the source of human motivation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals