Do ocd and intrusive thougts make me autistic

Ideal man

I keep having thoughts that take over my mind and i end up angry and punching myself are these signs of autism what can be done for this

opethfeldt

I don't think that's autism. More OCD, as you mentioned. It sounds like you have more of an issue with GABA, whereas autism is more related to serotonin. This creates social problems and issues reading social cues properly. I'd try to get your GABA levels up or perhaps increase allopregnanolone and you may find some relief.

bogbody

The other day I saw a post on instagram from the CowsEatGrass guy that talked about how it’s not depression/anxiety that causes excessive rumination but rather that ruminating causes depression and anxiety. I suffer from pure O OCD at times and this really blew me away because I thought that I would fix the OCD by fixing the depression/anxiety because it was causing the rumination. But it turns out rumination is a learned habit and the way to overcome it is to stop doing it. This is the study he shared:

I think this also relevant to what Peat talks about regarding excess verbalization being damaging to the brain, which is why he paints.

That study les me to this guy’s website that had some really helpful articles.

All of this said though, I do find my OCD tendencies are affected by my physical health because everything is connected. The better I feel, the more I’m able to put this stuff into practice. Hope this helps.

Phosphor

I'm not OCD that I know of but I sure am familiar with the intrusive thoughts, which for me are PTSD. Come whamming in from nowhere and are kind of like nightmares that also come whamming in from nowhere. I realized at one point that there is brain chemistry involved, and I think raising GABA can be helpful, but it does not "fix" this for me. Other things that have helped me may seem odd, but definite benefits from all of them for me, to where people I knew ten years ago say I am a different person.
One, I did the Kerri Rivera autism protocol for a year even though I was not autistic. I had an incredible parasite load from a clobbered immune system due to toxic mold exposure. That protocol also got rid of a lot of heavy metals.
Eden Energy Medicine has been a godsend. Find a good practitioner. This is not "woo-woo" and belief is NOT necessary for it to work. Donna Eden appears to be a space cadet but she is someone whose brain is always ahead of her mouth, and she is a genius; her system is the product of a genius.
Recently I started having biofield tuning sessions and I am simply amazed at the results. I have referred two friends to the same practitioner, who does this over the phone, and they are both equally happy. Another thing that if you are leery of things you think are "woo-woo," you might miss out on.
For my PTSD, I don't know why, but 7-keto DHEA (not "regular" DHEA) makes a difference in whatever is chemically wrong in my brain. I found a study about women with cPTSD who returned to normal lives on 100mg X 4 daily. Right now, I have been able to drop it to 100mg X 3, because of the other things I am doing.
You may find DNRS helpful, depending on how bad the ruminating is.....it is a means of changing your thoughts on purpose, towards the happy ones. It requires commitment and time, but people with severe problems have completely turned themselves around with DNRS.

kaydeegee

The other day I saw a post on instagram from the CowsEatGrass guy that talked about how it’s not depression/anxiety that causes excessive rumination but rather that ruminating causes depression and anxiety. I suffer from pure O OCD at times and this really blew me away because I thought that I would fix the OCD by fixing the depression/anxiety because it was causing the rumination. But it turns out rumination is a learned habit and the way to overcome it is to stop doing it. This is the study he shared:

I think this also relevant to what Peat talks about regarding excess verbalization being damaging to the brain, which is why he paints.

That study les me to this guy’s website that had some really helpful articles.

All of this said though, I do find my OCD tendencies are affected by my physical health because everything is connected. The better I feel, the more I’m able to put this stuff into practice. Hope this helps.

Jumping on from my phone so I’ll keep this quick, but yessss. From what I understand, OCD is something we “do.” It’s about how we respond to thoughts, labelling them as “intrusive” and such. So, we have the option to stop “doing” OCD. (That doesn’t mean it’s easy. It’s very hard! But it’s possible.) I find this perspective to be very empowering. And I’d also agree that the more physically supported we are — metabolic rate, rest, stress reduction, etc., the better equipped we are to make these intentional choices and break long-standing habits.

bogbody

Jumping on from my phone so I’ll keep this quick, but yessss. From what I understand, OCD is something we “do.” It’s about how we respond to thoughts, labelling them as “intrusive” and such. So, we have the option to stop “doing” OCD. (That doesn’t mean it’s easy. It’s very hard! But it’s possible.) I find this perspective to be very empowering. And I’d also agree that the more physically supported we are — metabolic rate, rest, stress reduction, etc., the better equipped we are to make these intentional choices and break long-standing habits.
yes absolutely agree

K

Kayaker

Excessive orderliness and cleanliness also manifests itself as a desire for orderliness and cleanliness in the mind. "This thought is intrusive! It needs to be wiped!"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals