Do Kids Know The Truth?

Marvel

What do kids like to eat?

Jelly and ice cream
Egg and chips (cook the chips in a good fat)
Cheese
Fruit / fruit juice
Chocolate milk

They don't like:

Vegetables
Most of them don't like to eat a lot of muscle meat. They quite like burger meat or sausages or nuggets, which could be made from the whole animal.

Do they instinctively know what's good for them, in the main, apart from where their tastebuds are blindsided by well disguised stuff? Where their tastes goes wrong is if there's carrageenan in their chocolate milk, their chips were cooked in pufa, breadcrumbs are from grains that weren't properly fermented, this sort of thing. Otherwise they would generally be on the right lines. Adults "aquire tastes" of mushrooms, oily fish etc...

PS chips = french fries (I'm British)

uuy8778yyi

Yes

The idea that you need "adult" food, like vegetables, whole grains, grandmas cod liver oil, healthy omega 3 salmon,

Is a hoax being played on society

montmorency

One of my nephews' sons is 19 (which seems very young to me...), and is ultra picky with his food.
But apparently he has acquired the taste for oysters somewhere.

sweetpeat

Out of the mouths of babes, right?
It's funny though - one of my kids actually loved broccoli as a toddler.
I don't know if he still likes it. I don't cook it anymore! :lol:

tara

When I was unwell as a teenage, and at some other times, I got some strong cravings for leafy greens like chard. I'm guessing I was needing the magnesium and maybe other minerals. I also got a taste for liver pate at that time.

Nicholas

and also:

fries
chicken nuggets
cereals
apple juice

but these items could also be cultural persuasion

Aspekt

My appetite as a kid was always poor (hypothyroid probably runs in the family), but I could eat a lot of butter/icecream/milk and always salted my food more than anyone else. Of course I was guilted by my parents for doing so while they served up tons of raw veg and pufa :)

Kasper

Kids also love donuts, chips fried in sunflower oil.

Kids also seem to like breast fed milk, which is quite high in omega 6 and fiber.

Luann

As a kid, I hated like, five things. The first three were peanuts and nuts of any kind, mayo, and tortilla chips. Oh and ham.
The last two were orange juice and milk

Kids may or may not know after all

scarlettsmum

My kids like salmon :( I never cook it at home but they get it at preschool. But they won't touch cod! They both love crispy chicken skin, hate salty homemade stock. Daughter doesn't like dairy, even chocolate milk won't convince her. Doesn't like eggs unless made into sweet omelette. They both love chips, crisps, grains, brekkie cereals. So I'm not really sure what would happen if I let them eat what they want. :)

Elephanto

Out of the mouths of babes, right?
It's funny though - one of my kids actually loved broccoli as a toddler.
I don't know if he still likes it. I don't cook it anymore! :lol:

You should, it's anti-estrogen. Maybe you were estrogenic at the time of conception/development as we see those hormone levels generally carry to the child, and the child instinctively felt broccoli was good for him.

No, they don't. Everybody likes those foods, not just kids. They are the same as everyone else. The reason they like those foods is the same reason adults like those foods. It's no different. Many monkey'ed with foods are better at stimulating dopamine production but that doesn't mean it's what we should be eating and in fact, it's the monkey'ed with foods that cause disease.