Do I Need To Eat Beef/meat?

TurtleNeck

I love cheese . And I was wondering if I needed meat at all if I eat milk and cheese for my protein. I am allergic to fish so I cannot eat the peaty fish

Brian

Probably not. I've noticed I have lost my appetite for regular meat as my health has improved. The only things really worthwhile in beef IMO are zinc, glycine, and taurine and those can be easily supplemented if necessary or if you don't enjoy oysters.

Last edited:
T

tca300

Other than a little liver, I dont, and haven't for a very long time.

DaveFoster

Going off of what tca300 said, you should eat beef liver, or supplement vitamin A in the long-term. In the short-term, egg yolks supply adequate vitamin A.

kiran

I think red meat is very useful, but then I don't have access to oysters at the moment.

paymanz

The bad thing about red meat is its high carnitin content.

I personally prefer poultry meat,i boil it and skim the fat.much lower carnitine content, and higher taurine,and probably beta alanine levels.
Poultry is lower in iron too.
You only loss the zinc with switching from beef I believe.

However I would like to know how effective is removing fat with method I mentioned above.breast meat is very low fat , but for dark poultry meats its important to remove the fat.

EIRE24

Probably not. I've noticed I have lost my appetite for regular meat as my health has improved. The only things really worthwhile in beef IMO are zinc, glycine, and taurine and those can be easily supplemented if necessary or if you don't enjoy oysters.
What do you eat instead of meat to get protein? Dairy mostly?

InChristAlone

The only thing I've been concerned about is getting enough zinc, especially for a man zinc seems more essential. But I don't like using meat for protein. Feel better with cheese as well.

Tenacity

I only eat small amounts of liver and I'm fine - I get all of my protein needs from milk and gelatin.

Dairy really is a great food in general - cheap, widespread, high in nutrients and high in highly absorbable protein. RIP the poor souls who can't digest the stuff, I feel for you.

EIRE24

Lately most of my protein comes from greek yogurt, cheese, potatoes, and sourdough bread.
All decent sources. I don't eat much yogurt and cheese if any at all. I do eat a lot of potatoes and then most of my protein would come from lean meats. Might look at switching to yogurt for more protein in place of some meat

M

member 2106

Do you have an appetite for meat? Have you tried oxtail? It's very tasty.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals