Do I Need To Eat Beef/meat?

The bad thing about red meat is its high carnitin content.

I personally prefer poultry meat,i boil it and skim the fat.much lower carnitine content, and higher taurine,and probably beta alanine levels.
Poultry is lower in iron too.
You only loss the zinc with switching from beef I believe.

However I would like to know how effective is removing fat with method I mentioned above.breast meat is very low fat , but for dark poultry meats its important to remove the fat.
Hey, paymanz, do you recall where you read that chicken has more taurine than beef? I tried looking for info on chicken with regards to nutrients such as carnitine, carnosine, creatine and taurine. I've found one study on beef and lamb, but none on poultry/ chicken.

I agree. It's hard to get enough taurine and creatine by just eating eggs and cheese and drinking milk. Meat is really concentrated in these nutrients.

paymanz

Hey, paymanz, do you recall where you read that chicken has more taurine than beef? I tried looking for info on chicken with regards to nutrients such as carnitine, carnosine, creatine and taurine. I've found one study on beef and lamb, but none on poultry/ chicken.
Search "the taurine content of common foodstuffs" in sci-hub.se.

Search "the taurine content of common foodstuffs" in sci-hub.se.
Thanks a lot! Wow, poultry can be really high in taurine then. Very interesting.

Giraffe

Youtube is full with testimonials of ex-vegans that report that after a honeymoon period in which they felt great their health started to deteriorate. Very many report that they were very weak in the end. Most broke their vegan diets by introducing fish, and they say that the weakness lifted immediately. I suspect that it's the creatine that made the difference. Meat and fish are rich in creatine.

@schultz , you did look into creatine quite a bit. I wonder if you would like to chime in.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

Probably not. I've noticed I have lost my appetite for regular meat as my health has improved. The only things really worthwhile in beef IMO are zinc, glycine, and taurine and those can be easily supplemented if necessary or if you don't enjoy oysters.
Interesting. Come to think about it, ever since Peating, my apetite for meat has slowly and steadily decreased. Maybe eating a lot of fruits changes your taste preferences.

Samya

Interesting. Come to think about it, ever since Peating, my apetite for meat has slowly and steadily decreased. Maybe eating a lot of fruits changes your taste preferences.

^ I've definitely noticed this and seen a few other people say the same. The only time I crave meat recently is if I haven't eaten carbs for more than a few hours. The strongest craving I ever had for meat was during a four day fast, not recommended lol.

I think of it as a 'meat tooth or sweet tooth', where a lot of one in the diet reduces cravings for the other and could be why some kids don't enjoy eating meat, as they're eating a lot of sugars. I know when I was eating plenty of meat on low-carb my taste for anything sweet,which at one point included vegetables, completely disappeared. Conversely, eating a lot of carbs my taste for meat has all but disappeared.

GreekDemiGod

Probably not. I've noticed I have lost my appetite for regular meat as my health has improved. The only things really worthwhile in beef IMO are zinc, glycine, and taurine and those can be easily supplemented if necessary or if you don't enjoy oysters.
:smack:smack

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals