Do I need thyroid medication?

saul42

Swandattur

Did you testosterone levels change. I am wandering why my friends changed and am worried now that I might also have lower levels due to increasing my sugar intake exponentially compared to what i was doing before.

Also have you guys noticed this on PIMPOM products, under thiroid they have the following disclaimer

Special Precautions Cardiac disease, HTN, diabetes.
Adverse Drug Reactions Tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmias, headache, nervousness, weight loss.

doe this mean if you have diabetes you should avoid this. It does not make sense because RP actually recommends this as one of the products

OP
S

Swandattur

They probably just want to cover all the bases, so they can't be sued, but maybe you should proceed very cautiously. Do you take medications for diabetes or insulin for that matter? That would make a difference.
I don't know about testosterone. I guess I really should go get some blood tests to see if anything turns up of interest. I don't think high sugar/fruit intake should cause lower testosterone.

saul42

I was able to drop it from 300 to 135-145 ranges without taking any medication. I thew all the crap my doctor gave me to as it would probably cause more damage. I increased sugar intake (via honey, milk, fruits, farmers cheese), eliminated all wheat and most grains, except for a little buck wheat. No PUFA's. at all. However I am plateaued at this level and cannot get lower than 135, occasionally in the morning it drops to 110 but I do not know what causes this drop as i am not changing anything in my diet.

There are studies showing that excess sugar has an effect on testosterone but after reviewing some other studies on sugar and cholesterol and seeing the way the data is twisted to suit their hypothesis i am a bit skeptical of these studies. That is why I am asking anyone here if they experienced anything like this. Nothing beats real life results as opposed to this twisted data that many experts cite to back their false claims

saul42

Charlie

I am sure there is a a link somewhere here, but could you provide me with some instructions on how to dose with the thyroid supplement from Thailand. I do not want to suddenly get hit with palpitations and other issues if I can avoid it. You went through this stage so you know exactly what to do and what to avoid.

OP
S

Swandattur

saul42

If you aren't taking any diabetes meds and your blood sugars are down that much, it seems like you should be in good shape to try a thyroid supplement.
I seem to have trouble with any starch at all. I started having trouble with bamboo shoots, which it turns out have starch that is available to the body, because they are cooked. Raw carrot, I suppose, does not release starch to digestion or even bacterial fermentation. Yellow squash is too starchy for me.
Actually, as a woman, I might wish my testosterone levels would be less, but maybe what I really need is more progesterone to balance it.

saul42

Swandattur

if you are thyroid is okay, then from what I have read it Progest _E complex (RP formula) should be helpful to you.

I too don't particularly do well on Starch, not anymore at least. Had to cut bananas which i used to eat for the Potassium and my levles actually dropped so then i decided to add potatoes and I seem to do fine with them as long as I eat them with butter and a bit of salt or sour cream. RP also states they are fine if eaten with Butter and salt. But if eat rice or any other starchy food sugar jumps. I also started to add OJ and have been pleasantly surprised to see Sugar is no longer spiking after drinking it. SO am taking 2 glasses of freshly squeezed OJ.

I am going to order the Throyd supplement from Thailand but have to read up on how to use it fully. I do not want to get hit hard as i break in. I know charlie described feeling quite bad when he initially tested the substance.

Going to the doctor is complete waste; at least in my case. Instead of congratulating me that i was able to drop my sugar levels by over 60% in 3 months without medications. All he did was frown and say that medications is the only way to keep things under control. Wants to add BP tablets even though blood pressure is okay and then lipitor and glipzide and metformin.

You really have to be your own doctor today, for if you listen to most Doctors you are only going to get worse

OP
S

Swandattur

Yes, I gave up on doctors for the things that are wrong with me, because they offer no help.
That is really bizzare, but not surprising that your doctor just ignored the evidence in front of his face and proceeded to push more pills. If it were a scifi movie, that is the point when you would realize your doctor is just some sort of robot.
That's interesting that you can eat potatoes okay.
On the thyroid, it does seem a very good idea to be as knowledgable as possible to lessen the chance of an unpleasant effect starting out.

saul42

With potatoes I noticed the following

If i eat them in the evening anytime after 6 my sugar levels can spike, especially if I do not add extra amounts of butter or sour cream. Point and case. Yesterday I decided to eat 2 boiled potatoes 6.45, really should not have done this but was trying to get my potassium. Roughly 2 hours later i measured my sugar and it was 207 (one of the highest readings in the past 3 months). However Instead of panicking I drank glass of water with a pinch of salt and took a fast brisk walk fro 30 minutes as i had experienced something like this once before.

I came back and measured my sugar and it was 107, this was one of the best readings in 3 months. SO in one day i experienced both the best and the worst. In 30 minutes of walking sugar dropped 100 points. I know when you exercise you can increase the rate at which sugar is used up via the muscles. But I never expected such a dramatic result. I have not seen any reports where such dramatic results have been achieved. The previous time (almost 2.5 months ago) I experienced something similar. After eating potatoes in the evening my sugar readings jumped to 260 2 hours later. I drank a full glass of water with some salt and then took a brisk walk for 35 minutes, measured my sugar and the readings were 120. Again a dramatic drop. Anyone know why the sugar drops so dramatically after a brisk walk, some water and salt.

I spoke to another person with sugar problems and he stated that it takes him sometimes 3-4 hours for his sugar to stabilize but it always does after eating potatoes.

The medical world scares you into thinking that it needs to be down within 2 hours after a meal but I don't know if 3-4 hours is fine. Is there any research to support this outlook. From what I have seen studies show that high sugar readings of 180 or higher 2 hours after a meal are not good.

Now when I eat potatoes I normally eat them for lunch, boiled or in soup format. When boiled i eat them with a lot of sour cream and or butter, there is no big effect, 2 hours later readings are normally 130-135, sometimes 120. The funny part is that when my readings spike up and i take a walk for 30 minutes or so, readings drop to the best levels ever. This is the part I cannot fully understand.

As I stated in a post earlier, my readings plateaued out in the 130-140 ranges (morning readings) from 300 after 3 months but yet in these rare instances they spike up and then drop to the best levels ever.

I think some exercise as long as it not heavy or very strenuous could be beneficial. Anyone else notice a similar effect.

I am almost positive that thyroid is somewhat linked to all of this.

Peata

I'd always heard that exercise could help lower blood sugar because the muscles are burning up the sugar for fuel.

OP
S

Swandattur

From what I have read and heard, exercise sometimes helps lower blood sugar and sometimes does the reverse. I guess it varies from person to person, and maybe time of day.
I have the best effect for lowering blood sugar by not eating any starch at all.

OP
S

Swandattur

I didn't know shellfish is a source of progesterone. So, I thought that was a good piece of information.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Swandattur said:
I didn't know shellfish is a source of progesterone. So, I thought that was a good piece of information.
Ditto that!

saul42

If you start thyroid supplementation (NDT such as Thiroyd) can you eventually stop it or will it cause you to crash. Has anyone taken a break. Basically what I want to know is once you start taking a NDT from Thailand or elsewhere are you stuck on it for life.