Do I have hypothyroidism?

OP
R

ReSTART

Going to bed now (10:30pm), temperature is back down to 36.2c/97.2f after one grain of thyroid 7 hours ago.

OP
R

ReSTART

Took one grain of thyroid about an hour ago, definitely feel warmer! Temperature is now 37c/98.6f (12:10pm).

OP
R

ReSTART

Temperature is 37.2c/99f (2:30pm) after thyroid 3 hours ago and vaping about 10mg of nicotine. Feeling good!

Thanks to @mostlylurking for telling me to get a nasal thermometer, this is much more accurate lol.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

First morning temperature (10am) with good thermometer! It’s 36.1c/97f.

Didn’t take any thyroid yesterday. I’m going to take a grain today. I think it’s been making me feel better, but only for about 6-7 hours, which makes sense because that’s around the peak absorption time of the T3...
You need to be very consistent with your thyroid supplementation. Get the Broda Barnes book: Amazon product ASIN 069001029X
A fairly standard method, if I remember this correctly (from the Broda Barnes book), used to be to start a person on one grain (60mg) of natural desiccated thyoid per day (take in the morning, by itself, no calcium food for at least 1 hour). After about 6 weeks, your body will have acclimated to the one grain. This means that your adrenaline will have gone down some. When that happens, you won't feel as great as you did. Then the doctor will run the bloodwork again and probably increase the thyroid dose, maybe another half grain, for another 6 weeks. By the end of this time, you will have acclimated to the dose again. Again, you won't feel as great as you did because your adrenaline will have gone down again. The doctor will run the bloodwork again, and probably increase the dose again, maybe another half grain. This cycle repeats until you are getting enough thyroid to run on without the need for elevated adrenaline. For me, the process took 9 months. This is not an overnight thing; it takes some time. If I remember correctly, Broda Barnes said that on average, his patients started on one grain of natural desiccated thyroid and on average, the maintenance dose was two grains. However, some people need less and some people need more.

OP
R

ReSTART

Thanks for the advice @mostlylurking! I’ve taken a grain of NDT everyday for the past six days except for one. Temp is still 36.6c/97.9f after taking a grain of NDT about 30 mins ago.

mostlylurking

Make a diary of your temps and pulses. Take your morning temp before getting out of bed and before moving around much in bed. Be consistent with your thyroid supplement. Get tested, including T3, reverse T3, TSH, T4 in 6-8 weeks. Then if the numbers are still low, add a little more to the dose. Be consistent again for 6-8 weeks. Get bloodwork tested again, etc. Educate yourself, especially about the symptoms of hypothyroidism and the symptoms of hyperthyroidism (from taking too much thyroid supplement).

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals