Do I Have A Genetic Defect To METABOLISE BCAA's?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Was flicking through my raw data and MTHFR results, and found that I tested POSITIVE for ALL 3 branched-chain alpha-keto acid decarboxylase (E1), lipoamide acyltransferase (E2) and lipoamide dehydrogenase (E3) enzymes.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 4.53.59 pm.png

Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:

richofden

Forum Supporter
Was flicking through my raw data and MTHFR results, and found that I tested POSITIVE for ALL 3 branched-chain alpha-keto acid decarboxylase (E1), lipoamide acyltransferase (E2) and lipoamide dehydrogenase (E3) enzymes.

View attachment 9143

Does anyone know anything about this?
I just found out I have the same genotype in this regard. Did you get any answers to this outside the forum?

richofden

Forum Supporter
here´s the reason I stepped it in the forum in the first place: Amino acids allosterically regulate the thiamine diphosphate-dependent alpha-keto acid decarboxylase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis - PubMed

I have serious issues with mycobacterium, and so I seek for optimal solution. I listen to a lot of pink noise based on electromagnetic fields. So I use Jackfruit (high in thiamine) and MCT (caprylic acid, advice from Haidut) in the morning, and those seem to help me immediately. It´s that damn crohns thing and the pain in the butt!

But I´m beginning to suspect that it all comes down to lack of stomach acid, leading to lpr.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals