Do Entheogen-induced Mystical Experiences Boost The Immune System? Psychedelics, Peak Experiences

Do entheogen-induced mystical experiences boost the immune system? Psychedelics, peak experiences, and wellness.

Abstract
Daily events that boost the immune system (as indicated by levels of salivary immunoglobulin A), some instances of spontaneous remission, and mystical experiences seem to share a similar cluster of thoughts, feelings, moods, perceptions, and behaviors. Entheogens--psychedelic drugs used in a religious context--can also produce mystical experiences (peak experiences, states of unitive consciousness, intense primary religious experiences) with the same cluster of effects. When this happens, is it also possible that such entheogen-induced mystical experiences strengthen the immune system? Might spontaneous remissions occur more frequently under such conditions? This article advances the so called "Emxis hypothesis"--that entheogen-induced mystical experiences influence the immune system.

Do entheogen-induced mystical experiences boost the immune system? Psychedelics, peak experiences, and wellness. - PubMed - NCBI

SOMO

My lab rat tried shrooms and felt beneficial physical effects for WEEKS after, i.e. healthier, stronger, clearer mind and lighter.

I don't think you can get those kind of results unless there is a positive effect in the immune system.

The trick is finding a dose that has significant health benefits, while still allowing the lab rat to function normally in society.

LUH 3417

As an anecdote I got reinfected with EBV and CMV when micro dosing shrooms

OP
'peataphysique
My lab rat tried shrooms and felt beneficial physical effects for WEEKS after, i.e. healthier, stronger, clearer mind and lighter.

I don't think you can get those kind of results unless there is a positive effect in the immune system.

The trick is finding a dose that has significant health benefits, while still allowing the lab rat to function normally in society.

:ss

As an anecdote I got reinfected with EBV and CMV when micro dosing shrooms

Care to elaborate? :wave: