Do chinese people have higher iq s due to low phosphate content in their diet ?

andrew81

from ray peat's artice on learned helplessness :
"
Acetylcholine is the "neurotransmitter" of cholinergic nerves, including the parasympathetic system.
Cholinesterase (or acetylcholinesterase) is an enzyme that destroys acetylcholine, limiting the action of the cholinergic nerves.
Attaching a phosphate group to the cholinesterase enzyme inactivates it, prolonging and intensifying the action of cholinergic stimulation."

as far as i grasped from the article when cholinesterase is low due to stress , iron , pufa , nitric oxide and phosphate the cholinergic nerves are overstimulated resulting in Cognitive impairment and neurodegenerativediseases such as dementia , alzheimer and parkinson.

If we look at foods with the lowest phosphate content we find rice , vegetables , fruits , potatoes and more , all foods that ray peat suggests but also indispensabile foods in chinese and japanese cuisine .
Studies also seem to prove my theory as chinese people have lower alzheimer(and dementia) rates as compared to western society ( 1% vs 5% in europe ) .

So is it possible that this dieting approach could not only have neuroprotective effects but also help boost cognitive ability and thus iq ?

NodeCerebri

I can’t say anything about your theory but my theory is simply that they have more ”cognitive reserves“, which means they use their brains more for good and keep on learning and moving all their lives long. Using and Training your coginition is also good against cognitive impairment and said to prevent or delay the onset of brain and neurological disorders.

Back
Top Bottom