Do Aspirin Damaging My Eyes?

OP
A

Astolfo

Thanks for your replies. I got a box of MK7 (100 mcg). Looked up on forum, but I couldn't find how many mcg of mk7 should be taken. I'm planning to take 150-300 mg aspirin daily(maybe alka-seltzer) + 100 mcg vit k2 per 2 day. I will also add some bicarbonate. Is it okay?

Vitamin K1 is the one with clotting properties, and that's the one you'd want to take with aspirin.

Vitamin K2 has other properties. MK4 is absorbed immediately, while MK7 stays in the liver and is used as needed over a longer period of time

What about this message? Some people say that K1 should be taken instead with aspirin. But I couldn't find any K1 supplement in my area.

So, that's really nice if K1 works for some people, but that's not going to be the case for everyone. That's because K1 is converted to K2 by digestive flora and the endogenous enzyme vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1). There are several polymorphisms in the VKORC1 gene which can affect the downstream activation of both enzymes involved in bone calcification (osteocalcin) and clotting (clotting factors). Taking antibiotics or living in a sterile environment can ameliorate K2 levels in rats.

Aspirin specifically works on this system by increasing bleeding, and also inhibiting VKORC1. So, expecting K1 to work -- well, that's basically cheering it on to compete with aspirin to activate rather than inhibit VKORC1. But taking K2 bypasses VKORC1 entirely, ensuring that a certain amount of K works on the gamma glutamyl carboxylase enzyme to carboxylate (activate) downstream processes, whereas that is going to be lessened in the situation where one is taking K1 alone, expecting it to compete with the inhibitor (aspirin) of VKORC1. (I explained this in two different ways in this paragraph, so hopefully that is not too confusing).

Also this says the opposite.

mrchibbs

Thanks for your replies. I got a box of MK7 (100 mcg). Looked up on forum, but I couldn't find how many mcg of mk7 should be taken. I'm planning to take 150-300 mg aspirin daily(maybe alka-seltzer) + 100 mcg vit k2 per 2 day. I will also add some bicarbonate. Is it okay?

What about this message? Some people say that K1 should be taken instead with aspirin. But I couldn't find any K1 supplement in my area.

Also this says the opposite.

If you take alka-seltzer no need for bicarbonate. If you use straight aspirin powder, use baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to dissolve it.

I personally think k2 is the supplement to use.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals