Do any of the vaccines prevent transmission?

Peatogenic

There's a viral video circulating of a molecular biologist (Christina Parker) stating that the vaccines were not designed to prevent transmission, only to attenuate symptoms. Yet if I go to the Pfizer clinical trial it says that it prevents transmission. She cited the clinical trials as her source. I feel I don't have the education to wade through this accurately. Does anyone have any insight?

LLight

I think the Pfizer publication stated that vaccinated had 95% lower chance to be positive with a PCR test. So it's about infection and not transmission. But this figure is not confirmed with Israel data which tends to show that it's more likely a protection rate below 40%.

Recent studies have shown that vaccinated had equivalent viral load in the nose. But there is potentially other studies showing that vaccinated viral load tended to decrease more quickly.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I think the Pfizer publication stated that vaccinated had 95% lower chance to be positive with a PCR test. So it's about infection and not transmission. But this figure is not confirmed with Israel data which tends to show that it's more likely a protection rate below 40%.

Recent studies have shown that vaccinated had equivalent viral load in the nose. But there is potentially other studies showing that vaccinated viral load tended to decrease more quickly.
Thanks, and I guess that's just for alpha

miquelangeles

Systemic respiratory vaccines do not provide protection within the airways because that requires a local mucosal secretory IgA response.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Systemic respiratory vaccines do not provide protection within the airways because that requires a local mucosal secretory IgA response.
But then that would make the infection protection 0, would it not? Since the vaccine enters the blood stream...

miquelangeles

But then that would make the infection protection 0, would it not? Since the vaccine enters the blood stream...
It was designed to protect against severe disease and death only, in advanced stages when the virus reaches the bloodstream.
The vaccines actually increase transmission, because if they reduce symptoms you are more likely to go out and socialize while being infected and asymptomatic.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

It was designed to protect against severe disease and death only, in advanced stages when the virus reaches the bloodstream.
The vaccines actually increase transmission, because if they reduce symptoms you are more likely to go out and socialize while being infected and asymptomatic.
But the Pfizer study says it's 95% effective at preventing Covid. Is that not prevention of infection in the first place? You're saying it's 95% effective at preventing severe disease?

Fred

There's a viral video circulating of a molecular biologist (Christina Parker) stating that the vaccines were not designed to prevent transmission, only to attenuate symptoms. Yet if I go to the Pfizer clinical trial it says that it prevents transmission. She cited the clinical trials as her source. I feel I don't have the education to wade through this accurately. Does anyone have any insight?
CDC director Walensky told CNN in an interview on Thursday, Aug. 5. “They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death – they prevent it [interjecting - this is another obvious lie - they clearly don't prevent illness and death]. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission.”

P

Peatness

This is a very odd paper. How they can determine a variant transmission is still unknown but at least it's the 'vaccinated' perhaps ADE

Last edited by a moderator:

tankasnowgod

I'm sure the "clinical trial" itself made no such claim, but I wouldn't doubt that Pfizer, or one of it's surrogates, made such a claim.

Anyway, you know they didn't test for "preventing transmission," as that trial would be on a scale 100x larger than what the trial already was, and would likely take much longer to complete. In the Pfizer trial, there were only 170 cases of COVID in the whole trial of over 40,000 people. With such a small number of cases, even the 95% "Relative Risk Reduction" is obviously insignificant, even before you calculate the 0.84% Absolute Risk Reduction. If each participant had contact with 100 other people in those two months, you really think even Pfizer has the ability to follow up and test 4 Million people that they didn't enroll in their trial in the first place?

Fred

This is the entirety of the discussion of transmission from the Pfizer clinical trials:
"Vaccine effectiveness against transmission of SARS-CoV-2
Data are limited to assess the effect of the vaccine against transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from individuals who are infected despite vaccination. Demonstrated high efficacy against symptomatic COVID-19 may translate to overall prevention of transmission in populations with high enough vaccine uptake, though it is possible that if efficacy against asymptomatic infection were lower than efficacy against symptomatic infection, asymptomatic cases in combination with reduced mask-wearing and social distancing could result in significant continued transmission. Additional evaluations including data from clinical trials and from vaccine use post-authorization will be needed to assess the effect of the vaccine in preventing virus shedding and transmission, in particular in individuals with asymptomatic infection."

HighT

There are legit trials of transmmitting viral deseases, none of wich proved transmission is possible. They more like proved that such thing as transmiting viral desease cant be.
So what we are talking about as these are not vaccines, transmission is not a thing, even covid its not proven to exist exept some computer generated seqence.