Do All The Carrot/mushroom/bamboo Cause Die Off?

raypeatclips

I was wondering about my digestive reactions to the raw carrot recently and messaged a few members of the forum who shared similar negative reactions. Many of them said they have no problems with mushrooms, I wondered why. Peat uses the mushrooms/carrot/bamboo pretty interchangably in conversation leading me to believe they were all beneficial in a similar way.

Is the mushroom not as potent as the carrot, or is there something else at play, the hard sharpness of the raw carrot irritating the intestine compared to the smoothness of a chopped, boiled mushroom?

Any thoughts?

i get diarrhea or gas or other reactions to mushrooms. Not sure if it's that they aren't cooked enough or what. They definitely have a dramatic effect. Carrot doesn't do that to me.

Sucrates

I doubt either cause significant die-off, more absorption/binding of endotoxin or estrogen, though there are other anti-estrogen effects of mushrooms. I think it's an irritation issue with carrots.

Sucrates

I agree. After experimenting, I have settled on eating a raw carrot maybe only 3-4 times a week.
Sometimes I had no problem with them, a few times I had pains 30-60 mins after. I just eat mushrooms instead. I didn't get benefit from carrot, whereas I do from mushroom. Tastier too.