Do All The Carrot/mushroom/bamboo Cause Die Off?

raypeatclips

I was wondering about my digestive reactions to the raw carrot recently and messaged a few members of the forum who shared similar negative reactions. Many of them said they have no problems with mushrooms, I wondered why. Peat uses the mushrooms/carrot/bamboo pretty interchangably in conversation leading me to believe they were all beneficial in a similar way.

Is the mushroom not as potent as the carrot, or is there something else at play, the hard sharpness of the raw carrot irritating the intestine compared to the smoothness of a chopped, boiled mushroom?

Any thoughts?

i get diarrhea or gas or other reactions to mushrooms. Not sure if it's that they aren't cooked enough or what. They definitely have a dramatic effect. Carrot doesn't do that to me.

Sucrates

I doubt either cause significant die-off, more absorption/binding of endotoxin or estrogen, though there are other anti-estrogen effects of mushrooms. I think it's an irritation issue with carrots.

Sucrates

I agree. After experimenting, I have settled on eating a raw carrot maybe only 3-4 times a week.
Sometimes I had no problem with them, a few times I had pains 30-60 mins after. I just eat mushrooms instead. I didn't get benefit from carrot, whereas I do from mushroom. Tastier too.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Carrot — Does It Have to Be a Salad?? Ask For Help or Advice 19
RyanHeeney I wrote a new post on the daily raw carrot... Diet 6
L Carrot salad before bed Diet 6
RealNeat "No chew" carrot salad (please don't choke) Digestion 22
S Raw Carrot Salad and Stools Diet 5
Rachel Is carrot salad the answer to the French "paradox"? Health 9
metabolizm Raw Carrot Diet 20
orewashin How Many Ounces Of Carrot? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
S Pumpkin Puree As An Alternative To The Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
T Carrot Juice Vs. Raw Carrots Diet 4
GreekDemiGod Instant Wellbeing Effect From Carrot Salad Digestion 23
A Looks Like The Daily Carrot Is Going Mainstream Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
Tyler2834 Carrot Salad Before Or After Enemas? Digestion 3
Brundle Is Peat-Friendly Mayonnaise A Safe Accompaniment To The Carrot Salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
Geronimo Carrot Powder Replacement For Raw Carrot Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
metabolizm Remarkable Laxative Effect Of Raw Carrot Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 2
Txchainsaw Carrot Salad With Homemade Ginger Syrup! Recipes 0
ecstatichamster Does Carrot/cooked ‘shrooms/bamboo Shoots Cause Anyone Bad Effects, Or Headaches Blood Work, Labs 30
M Don't Forget The Carrot Salad Testimonials 9
B Carrot/Bamboo Shoot Alternatives? Digestion 4
Twohandsondeck A Carrot Salad Recipe + Write-up For The Uninitiated Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
Philomath Peat-like Asian Carrot “slaw” Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
Twohandsondeck Fastest Way To Prepare Carrot Salad (?) Diet 13
Trudy Ann Methylene Blue Stained Peeled Carrot Recipe Diet 2
P Anti-Peat The Daily Raw Carrot Is Not Antiseptic, It Increases Bacterial Growth In The Gut Debate - Anti-Peat 54
L Why Would Mushrooms Cause Loose Stools When Carrot Doesn't? Digestion 4
C Question Regarding The Humble Carrot Diet 1
L Ray's Carrot Salad - Coconut Oil Vs EVOO Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
G Raw Carrot And Side Effects Diet 10
methylenewhite Solving Carrot Salad's Beta-carotene Issue Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
Cameron Raw Carrot Olive Oil And Vinegar Killing My Gut Digestion 16
L Can Well Cooked Mushrooms Be Used Every Day Instead Of Raw Carrot Salad? Digestion, Gut Flora 2
L What Kind Of Vinegar Should Be Used For The Carrot Salad? Recipes 6
M Carrot Salad Causing Headache? Ask For Help or Advice 7
C Carrot Oligosaccharides Block Adhesion Of Enteropathogenic Organisms Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
superGrover How Much Carrot Ask For Help or Advice 13
cyclops Eating Daily Carrot With Lunch? Diet 1
N Carrot Snacking Diet 2
yerrag Carrot Salad With Shredded Coconut Meat Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 13
ShirtTieFitness Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fungal Carrot Salad 2.0 Digestion 46
O Carrot Raw Or Boiled? Professor Moro's Carrot Soup Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
O Carotene Bioavailability And RP Style Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
encerent Can You Use MCT Oil In Your Carrot Salads? Diet, Recipes 2
D Incoroporating Glycine Into Carrot Salad? Digestion 0
P.G.Marjorie Carrot Salad Lowering Estrogens Even If Constipated? Digestion 3
Xisca My Carrot Salad Is Yellow And "spicy" Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
< Rain Orange Juice Carrot Salad - It Screams Recipes 17
Bahaa El wazzan Is It Bad To Eat A Lot Of Carrot? Diet 5
managing Adrenalin - Histamine - Carrot Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 27
javin Does Carrot Salad Warm Anybody Else Up Almost Immediately? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 4