Do all supplements, medicines and chemicals store longer if frozen?

Kman

Hey all,

I've heard Ray (and others) speak about freezing aspirin and taking a little out at a time as it can 'go off' or presumably lose efficacy over time.

Freezing obviously preserves things, but is it universally beneficial for any and all medications, powders, vitamins, etc in terms of keeping them 'good' for longer? My hunch is that the answer is yes, but perhaps some of you know of chemical compounds that are sensitive to being frozen etc.

I'm sure more than a few people are stocking up on things at the moment, for obvious reasons :):

Cheers!

OP
K

Kman

Good question. Putting them in a vacuum sealed bag may be better but i do not know which works best.
Thanks, good call. I thought about vac sealing as an option too.

Meats can keep much longer in the freezer if they're also vac sealed, and this likely applies to other things. The question is really whether freezing can be a problem for certain compounds.

Vac sealing probably keeps everything for a longer time without issues, so might be a good alternative if there are any uncertainties about freezing.

Fred

Freezing/refrigerating can create condensation issues and ruin some drugs. IIRC antibiotics are supposed to be kept at room temp, for example.

OP
K

Kman

Freezing/refrigerating can create condensation issues and ruin some drugs. IIRC antibiotics are supposed to be kept at room temp, for example.
Thanks.

Vac sealing might mitigate for this problem by stopping any moisture getting in, but for some things like antibiotics perhaps it's best to vac seal and keep dry, dark and cool in a cupboard.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals