DNP Fat Loss Drug Alternative - BAM15 (Mitochondrial Uncoupler)

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Mitochondrial uncoupler BAM15 reverses diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance in mice

Obesity is a health problem affecting more than 40% of US adults and 13% of the global population. Anti-obesity treatments including diet, exercise, surgery and pharmacotherapies have so far failed to reverse obesity incidence. Herein, we target obesity with a pharmacotherapeutic approach that decreases caloric efficiency by mitochondrial uncoupling. We show that a recently identified mitochondrial uncoupler BAM15 is orally bioavailable, increases nutrient oxidation, and decreases body fat mass without altering food intake, lean body mass, body temperature, or biochemical and haematological markers of toxicity. BAM15 decreases hepatic fat, decreases inflammatory lipids, and has strong antioxidant effects. Hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamp studies show that BAM15 improves insulin sensitivity in multiple tissue types. Collectively, these data demonstrate that pharmacologic mitochondrial uncoupling with BAM15 has powerful anti-obesity and insulin sensitizing effects without compromising lean mass or affecting food intake.

youngsinatra

People really need to stop eating vegetable oils and iron-fortified food items.

Dr. B

People really need to stop eating vegetable oils and iron-fortified food items.
do you think those are the main things contributing to the obesity crisis? what about iodine fortified salts/foods, vaccines, xrays, serotonin drugs etc.
do you think bodyfat would be decreased by avoiding pufa and iron fortified items? man, i was able to do alright but still wonder about the impacts I had growing up, having canola oil cooked foods at home regularly, and having a centrum multivitamin every single day for like 6 years straight. those multivitamins contain 18mg ferrous fumarate iron per pill... that's a lot of iron daily plus all the food sources...

youngsinatra

do you think those are the main things contributing to the obesity crisis? what about iodine fortified salts/foods, vaccines, xrays, serotonin drugs etc.
do you think bodyfat would be decreased by avoiding pufa and iron fortified items? man, i was able to do alright but still wonder about the impacts I had growing up, having canola oil cooked foods at home regularly, and having a centrum multivitamin every single day for like 6 years straight. those multivitamins contain 18mg ferrous fumarate iron per pill... that's a lot of iron daily plus all the food sources...
You are right. Of course there are a lot more other factors that contribute to obesity. A lot of medications can cause mitochondrial dysfunction like the SSRIs for example. The food supply is also progressively getting worse with the usage of many additives and harmful pesticides and glyphosate and so on.
EMF, chronic stress, not enough sunshine, low mineral content in soil all contribute to the problem as well.

But I still think that the prevalence of many chronic diseases skyrocketed by the dramatic increase in vegetable oil consumption in the last 100-200 years and the usage of toxic iron in every thing.
Sometimes a half cup of cereal already has 18mg of iron - and how many portions does an adult eat for breakfast? maybe 1-2 cups? Then you already at 72mg of iron at breakfast!

SOMO

Coffee is also an uncoupler and a safer one.

Also there is diet + exercise, but I know that doesn't appeal to most people.

Dr. B

Coffee is also an uncoupler and a safer one.

Also there is diet + exercise, but I know that doesn't appeal to most people.
theres some people who get obese eating just 1200 calories a day, if your cortisol levels are high it doesnt really matter how little you eat, as even if you eat less, the body will just convert more organs, skin and muscles into sugars/fats. some people can stay lean at 2500+ calories with minimal exercise whereas some can get obese on 1000 calories or so.

Mauritio

A few interesting points on BAM15:

-Oxygen consumption is higher than with an equivalent dosage of DNP

- half life very short ,might be a drawback , dnp has very long half life = 36h

- highest concentration of it were found in the liver ,which is very good for fatty liver ,insulin resistance etc. …

- taking high enough doses mice loose weight while eating an obesegenic diet

- lower levels of inflammatory PUFA metabolites, like eicosanoids

-liver urea levels increased by 30%

-BAM15 feeding resulted in complete correction of liver triglyceride content to levels similar to chow-fed mice and lowered NEFA levels by 42% relative to WD control

Mauritio

It downregulates some very interesting genes in the adipose tissue like SCD1, which converts saturated fats to unsaturated fat.
Or fatty acid synthase .
Both of which are implicated in ALL kinds of diseases.

“… severe downregulation of sterol regulatory element‐binding transcription factor 1 (Srebf1 ; 490‐fold downregulated), carbohydrate‐responsive element‐binding protein (Mlxlpl ; 99‐fold downregulated), fatty acid synthase (Fasn ; 89‐fold downregulated), stearoyl‐CoA desaturase (Scd1 ; 898‐fold downregulated), adipose triglyceride lipase (Pnpla2 ; undetected in BAM15), and peroxisome proliferator‐activated receptor gamma (Pparg ; undetected in BAM15)”

Dr. B

It downregulates some very interesting genes in the adipose tissue like SCD1, which converts saturated fats to unsaturated fat.
Or fatty acid synthase .
Both of which are implicated in ALL kinds of diseases.

“… severe downregulation of sterol regulatory element‐binding transcription factor 1 (Srebf1 ; 490‐fold downregulated), carbohydrate‐responsive element‐binding protein (Mlxlpl ; 99‐fold downregulated), fatty acid synthase (Fasn ; 89‐fold downregulated), stearoyl‐CoA desaturase (Scd1 ; 898‐fold downregulated), adipose triglyceride lipase (Pnpla2 ; undetected in BAM15), and peroxisome proliferator‐activated receptor gamma (Pparg ; undetected in BAM15)”
What does this? Does policosanol do it too?

cremes

I read the whole paper and nowhere did I find an explanation for HOW it is reducing fat mass while preserving lean mass. They tested the feces and it had no increase in lipid content, so they weren't pooping it out. They tested the urine and it was within normal parameters. The body temperature did not increase from baseline either.

It causes a body to burn more energy yet we aren't seeing heat or lipids expelled. So how does this work?

Ras

Is this substance available anywhere? What does it matter, if you can't buy it? And if it is for sale, an obscure substance like this is almost certainly fake. Even major supplement manufacturers sell fake and impure products on international markets like Amazon.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I read the whole paper and nowhere did I find an explanation for HOW it is reducing fat mass while preserving lean mass. They tested the feces and it had no increase in lipid content, so they weren't pooping it out. They tested the urine and it was within normal parameters. The body temperature did not increase from baseline either.

It causes a body to burn more energy yet we aren't seeing heat or lipids expelled. So how does this work?
More oxygen consumption? Or more muscle mass?