DMSO-Hematoxylon (Another Dye For The Win?)

BRMarshall

@haidut
Last night I opened up Dr. Morton Walker's book DMSO-Nature's Healer where my attention was piqued in the chapter concerning cancer that mentioned DMSO combined with Hematoxylin having promise with treating cancer.

Now I bring this up to the forum, not specifically as regards cancer, which is an important subject, obviously, but in terms of the fact that this substance Hematoxylin is a dye, just as Mythelene Blue is a dye.

The combination of DMSO Hematoxylin was discovered by a Dr. Eli Jordon Tucker MD an orthopedic surgeon whose love was medical research had developed patents for bone grafts from animals and apparently had become interested in cattle with some sort of cancer that would eat the cows faces and that study of the blood was along the lines of whether there might be cancer 'antibodies'... this was in the early 1960 when interferon was of interest...

It was while examining tumors under the microscope, needing dye's for the examination, where methylene blue was one experimented with. Eventually Dr. Tucker would find that Hematoxylin was a perfect dye staining the cancer cells one hue and normal tissue another, hence providing a contrast. He was not the discover of the dye which had been in use for quite a while.

Now Hematoxylin is identified as C16 H14 O6 and Walker's book says that it has two loose Hydrogen bonds that oxidizes to a red substance known as hematin...and the rapid oxidation is used in certain chemistry work. It mentions that is an astringent used for urinary tract infections and is rapidly excrete through the urine.

Dr. Tucker made the connection to DMSO because it absorbed well into DMSO that then made it better as a dye stain in the microscopy work, carrying the dye directly to the tumor.

Walker's narrative then makes a skip and there is mention of a Panamanian Dr. by the name of A. Carrizo that Tucker worked with the combination on dogs with cancer....eventually with people...

The combination of DMSO & Hematoxylin was less toxic than just DMSO and a report was published in 1968 on the combo and Walker's book gives some recipes and indications for preparing the combination...
as the two are available....

An understanding of how it works is also given: The DMSO does not affect the cancer, it though is the carrier for the oxidizing dye, Hematoxylin, that then creates a hematin oxidation reaction in the cancer cell leading to the death of the cancer cell.

Of course, though a esteemed physician, Tucker would be attacked, etc...

Now considering the interest in Methylene Blue, and this narrative, I though this might be a good place for
people more learned than I in the chemistry department to maybe find something of interest.? Maybe people are aware of this or not or maybe we might see some new avenues come forward to helping people
as this Ray Peat forum has been a great help.

Tiffany

@haidut
Last night I opened up Dr. Morton Walker's book DMSO-Nature's Healer where my attention was piqued in the chapter concerning cancer that mentioned DMSO combined with Hematoxylin having promise with treating cancer.

Now I bring this up to the forum, not specifically as regards cancer, which is an important subject, obviously, but in terms of the fact that this substance Hematoxylin is a dye, just as Mythelene Blue is a dye.

The combination of DMSO Hematoxylin was discovered by a Dr. Eli Jordon Tucker MD an orthopedic surgeon whose love was medical research had developed patents for bone grafts from animals and apparently had become interested in cattle with some sort of cancer that would eat the cows faces and that study of the blood was along the lines of whether there might be cancer 'antibodies'... this was in the early 1960 when interferon was of interest...

It was while examining tumors under the microscope, needing dye's for the examination, where methylene blue was one experimented with. Eventually Dr. Tucker would find that Hematoxylin was a perfect dye staining the cancer cells one hue and normal tissue another, hence providing a contrast. He was not the discover of the dye which had been in use for quite a while.

Now Hematoxylin is identified as C16 H14 O6 and Walker's book says that it has two loose Hydrogen bonds that oxidizes to a red substance known as hematin...and the rapid oxidation is used in certain chemistry work. It mentions that is an astringent used for urinary tract infections and is rapidly excrete through the urine.

Dr. Tucker made the connection to DMSO because it absorbed well into DMSO that then made it better as a dye stain in the microscopy work, carrying the dye directly to the tumor.

Walker's narrative then makes a skip and there is mention of a Panamanian Dr. by the name of A. Carrizo that Tucker worked with the combination on dogs with cancer....eventually with people...

The combination of DMSO & Hematoxylin was less toxic than just DMSO and a report was published in 1968 on the combo and Walker's book gives some recipes and indications for preparing the combination...
as the two are available....

An understanding of how it works is also given: The DMSO does not affect the cancer, it though is the carrier for the oxidizing dye, Hematoxylin, that then creates a hematin oxidation reaction in the cancer cell leading to the death of the cancer cell.

In my observation, Hematoxylin combined with DMSO will kill some tumor cells rapidly. I don't know if it will kill tumor cells without the DMSO, it seems like you are saying it will and that DMSO is simply a carrier. The DMSO may serve to protect healthy cells from oxidation.