Dizziness

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
I live in Pennsylvania, and do get outside and get as much sun as possible. Within the next 30 to 60 days, we are moving to Colorado. Hoping that the altitude and sun help, but at this point, not counting on it.

Dizziness and cold extremeties are often a sign of high stress hormones. The anxiety is also a pretty telling sign. Have you asked your doctor about maybe trying clonidine? It does a lot more than lower adrenalin, it is a general anti-stress drug. Not trying to add another drug to the list, but in dire situations it seems to help a lot of people. Your doctor should be able to give you a prescription for it, and may have even recommended it herself/himself but most doctors are not very familiar with it.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

haidut said:
iLoveSugar said:
I live in Pennsylvania, and do get outside and get as much sun as possible. Within the next 30 to 60 days, we are moving to Colorado. Hoping that the altitude and sun help, but at this point, not counting on it.

Dizziness and cold extremeties are often a sign of high stress hormones. The anxiety is also a pretty telling sign. Have you asked your doctor about maybe trying clonidine? It does a lot more than lower adrenalin, it is a general anti-stress drug. Not trying to add another drug to the list, but in dire situations it seems to help a lot of people. Your doctor should be able to give you a prescription for it, and may have even recommended it herself/himself but most doctors are not very familiar with it.

My fatigue is unparalleled right now. I can't stay awake for anything. The dizziness also seems very much gut related. The worse I bloat, the worse the dizziness. I literally feel like I am wobbling back and fourth with my head.

natedawggh

Have you ever taken large doses of Vitamin E? It of course is the best anti-iron, peat friendly, anti-polactin, etc. that you can get. I saw that you have tried protest-e but have you just taken a good vitamin E supplement? It can deplete Iron pretty quickly in high doses and protect against a lot of the other degenerative effects that Peat talks about... it's the reason Progest E is made with it.

juanitacarlos

iLoveSugar - Reading your posts reminds me of my experiences before I went on thyroid medication. I was dizzy all the time and fatigued like all hell. I used to see little squiggly worms in my eyes and just felt like I could fall over pretty easily. I was working at the time but used to fall asleep on the train on the way to work, and home. I used go down to the park at lunch and sleep. And of course be unable to fall asleep at night. So tired! So wired! I also had poor digestion and would get heartburn or reflux or something like that. Worse at night lying down - the acid would reach my mouth and wake me up. Craziness. Also very depressed and anxious. Good times....

I'm not really one to recommend thyroid medication as a fix for every issue, but you sound like you are either not producing thyroid hormone or not taking enough thyroid medication. I'm sure, as Haidut says, your stress hormones are through the roof, and if you are not receiving enough thyroid the foundation to getting better is probably not there.

I think most people do very well nibbling on a few mcg's of T3 throughout the day. I do not. I do much better have larger doses 3 times per day. That maybe something to look at.

I also do/did better eating some starch. The sicker I was, the less liquid I could handle (even with sugar and salt). I eat rice and bread and sometimes potatoes. I can handle milk and juice much better now but do better with a mix. Again, just a suggestion.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

ttramone said:
iLoveSugar - Reading your posts reminds me of my experiences before I went on thyroid medication. I was dizzy all the time and fatigued like all hell. I used to see little squiggly worms in my eyes and just felt like I could fall over pretty easily. I was working at the time but used to fall asleep on the train on the way to work, and home. I used go down to the park at lunch and sleep. And of course be unable to fall asleep at night. So tired! So wired! I also had poor digestion and would get heartburn or reflux or something like that. Worse at night lying down - the acid would reach my mouth and wake me up. Craziness. Also very depressed and anxious. Good times....

I'm not really one to recommend thyroid medication as a fix for every issue, but you sound like you are either not producing thyroid hormone or not taking enough thyroid medication. I'm sure, as Haidut says, your stress hormones are through the roof, and if you are not receiving enough thyroid the foundation to getting better is probably not there.

I think most people do very well nibbling on a few mcg's of T3 throughout the day. I do not. I do much better have larger doses 3 times per day. That maybe something to look at.

I also do/did better eating some starch. The sicker I was, the less liquid I could handle (even with sugar and salt). I eat rice and bread and sometimes potatoes. I can handle milk and juice much better now but do better with a mix. Again, just a suggestion.

Everything you mentioned is actually the way I would prefer things. Larger doses of T3 is intriguing, as nibbling isn't doing me jack. I just worry about taking to much T3, being as uneducated as I am.

Also agree on the liquid, and on top of that, I prefer foods to 'eat'. I just need to move my bowels and I can't.

juanitacarlos

iLoveSugar said:
Everything you mentioned is actually the way I would prefer things. Larger doses of T3 is intriguing, as nibbling isn't doing me jack. I just worry about taking to much T3, being as uneducated as I am.

Also agree on the liquid, and on top of that, I prefer foods to 'eat'. I just need to move my bowels and I can't.

I actually changed my dose after reading Peat to smaller amounts throughout the day and got incredibly hypothyroid very quickly. Went back to larger doses and felt better again. My doctor who is quite conservative wanted to make my dose easier to take so told me to take my entire 5 grain NDT in one go in the morning - that is like 45mcg T3 in one go, plus the T4. He said he would be fine and many of his patients do that (building up to it I guess). I don't do that though - I like to split my dose as having some later in the day helps me relax enough to go to sleep. Dr John Lowe also advocated that method - taking massive doses in the AM. Something worth looking into and experimenting with.

Being hypo would also contribute to poor bowel movement. Do you do coffee?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I do drink coffee, and it does nothing. I actually took a massive dose of milk of magnesia last night, which years ago would have blew me up for days. Didn't phase me. Today I tried a couple doses of 12 mcg T3, 4-5 hours apart. Haven't felt much so far. Feet are quite freezing.

sunmountain

Hello Ilovesugar,

Did you take the minocycline? What dosage and how long? How did you feel during and after?

I'm considering it for myself.

thanks

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Hello,

Yes, I have tried doses of 50-100mg, for up to a month a time. Never felt any benefit from it. Perhaps you will do better with it though.

sunmountain said:
Hello Ilovesugar,

Did you take the minocycline? What dosage and how long? How did you feel during and after?

I'm considering it for myself.

thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals