Dizziness - young man

Lee Simeon

Hey for about a month I have been very dizzy. So bad I had to leave from work one day since it was so scary. Went to the ER twice and they dont think its dangerous or BBPV, but I am still struggling with dizziness when I am moving my body in certain ways. The hypochondriac in me is scared of something like heart problem or brain tumor. Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!

Hey for about a month I have been very dizzy. So bad I had to leave from work one day since it was so scary. Went to the ER twice and they dont think its dangerous or BBPV, but I am still struggling with dizziness when I am moving my body in certain ways. The hypochondriac in me is scared of something like heart problem or brain tumor. Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!
Oh that sounds more like an inner ear equilibrium problem, vertigo. I have had that several times, and cried the first time, unable to walk without falling to the right. There are two kinds of vertigo, one is ear and the other can be a tumor. The difference is if your vertigo came on gradually or suddenly. Suddenly is usual inner ear problem.

My suggestion is to take an anti-histamine for a few days to clear out any congestion and if you still feel dizzy, use a half capful of 70% rubbing alcohol in each ear to tackle it from the outside.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Some vitamin deficiency such as B12 can cause chronic dizziness.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Thank you @Hans and @Rinse & rePeat ! I think overall the diziness have improved somewhat and for a week I felt very little compared to the first time. It felt like I am on a boat, but on land. I also started Vitamin b12 in my b-complex a few weeks ago so hope I have adequate levels

Thank you @Hans and @Rinse & rePeat ! I think overall the diziness have improved somewhat and for a week I felt very little compared to the first time. It felt like I am on a boat, but on land. I also started Vitamin b12 in my b-complex a few weeks ago so hope I have adequate levels
That might be Han's diagnoses then. Verdigo is more like being on a merry-go-round with the room spinning around you.

artlange

I have found that not enough salt (sodium chloride) is related to my dizziness. In the summer months I usually drink a glass of orange juice with about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of Morton's canning salt. this usually stops my dizziness in about 1/2 hour. So as a daily supplement, mid morning, or before bed I drink the salty orange juice (which never actually tastes salty).

I use Morton's canning salt to avooid the "natural" regional seasalts which contain a lot of iron, and the flow promoters in regular table salt..

SOMO

I have found that not enough salt (sodium chloride) is related to my dizziness. In the summer months I usually drink a glass of orange juice with about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of Morton's canning salt. this usually stops my dizziness in about 1/2 hour. So as a daily supplement, mid morning, or before bed I drink the salty orange juice (which never actually tastes salty).

I use Morton's canning salt to avooid the "natural" regional seasalts which contain a lot of iron, and the flow promoters in regular table salt..

+1 try more salt. This could be a BP issue and even mild hyponatremia causes strange cerebral and psychological effects.

Also to OP, adding sugar to salt increases sodium absorption. Every few days I will have some OJ + a lot of salt (it doesn't taste good, but unless you have sensitive palate, it should not be "unbearable.")

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Thank you!

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

+1 try more salt. This could be a BP issue and even mild hyponatremia causes strange cerebral and psychological effects.

Also to OP, adding sugar to salt increases sodium absorption. Every few days I will have some OJ + a lot of salt (it doesn't taste good, but unless you have sensitive palate, it should not be "unbearable.")
Thank you!

TheSir

A few cups of coffee every morning, yeah
That may be the cause. It's quite common for a heavy coffee drinker to eventually start getting dizzy from the coffee. I experienced that too and found many who were suffering from the same thing. It should clear up in 1-3 weeks after quitting.

+1 for stopping caffeine for a while

Do you have neck problems? If that is the case, you could also look into chiropractic adjustment. Just look for a good one that does not use excessive force.

I developed inner ear issues ( labrynthitis )from some weird bacteria I caught going to my fathers house ( pool , beach, diving ) is Fiji every summer growing up. When my salt is too low , I get glutened, and my Vit D is low it gets worse. Also , when I eat too much dairy it gets clogged. If it gets really bad - I take a Claritin D

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

That may be the cause. It's quite common for a heavy coffee drinker to eventually start getting dizzy from the coffee. I experienced that too and found many who were suffering from the same thing. It should clear up in 1-3 weeks after quitting.
Thank you, but I have been drinking it without problems since 2015 though

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

+1 for stopping caffeine for a while

Do you have neck problems? If that is the case, you could also look into chiropractic adjustment. Just look for a good one that does not use excessive force.
I guess kind of, but I try to do neck stretches sometimes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals