DIY water filtered infrared/incandescent/halogen?

miquelangeles

Has anyone tried to make one?

1640517160346.png

itchaboyagain

Just found all this stuff will researching today... Gonna see if I can't figure out how to find the patent papers on these devices...

Looks simple enough though? A halogen light source, reflector, some water, and a fan. Finding a way to self contain the water will be the hard part I suppose.

There's also the IRATHERM 1000/2000 which is a whole body version. It'd be a lot cooler to attempt to recreate that one!

Perhaps I'll give it a crack one of these days.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Just found all this stuff will researching today... Gonna see if I can't figure out how to find the patent papers on these devices...

Looks simple enough though? A halogen light source, reflector, some water, and a fan. Finding a way to self contain the water will be the hard part I suppose.

There's also the IRATHERM 1000/2000 which is a whole body version. It'd be a lot cooler to attempt to recreate that one!

Perhaps I'll give it a crack one of these days.

Right, you don't need to find any patent papers. Figure 2 above has all the info you need to DIY.
I think Hydrosun also have a consumer version which is more affordable. They are common in veterinary clinics.
For DIY a 15-20cm diameter aluminum air duct from any hardware store could serve as enclosure.
A Noctua cpu cooler.
And for the water filter you can find thin and clear glass sheets at artists/painting supply shops.
The layer of water in Hydrosun is 10mm thick.
One way is to glue the sheets of glass like a double-paned window separated by a 10mm band of rubber, which will allow you to fill it with water using a syringe.
The rubber would also allow the water to expand under pressure when it gets heated by the infrared.
This have been on my to-do list for a while and I'll do it by autumn. For now I'm taking advantage of summer and getting ~4 hours of sunshine every day, close to sunrise and sunset.

joaquin

What kind of invention are you working on? Are you trying to filter water? I use the Zero Water filters and they work much better than most on the market.

itchaboyagain

Right, you don't need to find any patent papers. Figure 2 above has all the info you need to DIY.
I think Hydrosun also have a consumer version which is more affordable. They are common in veterinary clinics.
For DIY a 15-20cm diameter aluminum air duct from any hardware store could serve as enclosure.
A Noctua cpu cooler.
And for the water filter you can find thin and clear glass sheets at artists/painting supply shops.
The layer of water in Hydrosun is 10mm thick.
One way is to glue the sheets of glass like a double-paned window separated by a 10mm band of rubber, which will allow you to fill it with water using a syringe.
The rubber would also allow the water to expand under pressure when it gets heated by the infrared.
This have been on my to-do list for a while and I'll do it by autumn. For now I'm taking advantage of summer and getting ~4 hours of sunshine every day, close to sunrise and sunset.
Excellent. I can tell you've put some mental work into this haha

You're right, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to emulate them...

Have you thought about which bulb you'd try to use? Looks like Ultra Compact Filament (UCF) HPL lamps might be a good option?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals