DIY Sustained Release T3?

Peater Pan

Powdered T3 tablet (Cynomel) or T3 powder mixed with Guggul Gum (a resin that Ayurveda claims supports T4 to T3 conversion) and Shilajit in a double gelatin cap (inner smaller than outer)??? With the right scale, mixing and homogenization would be the trickiest part. Or, just lick a Cynomel? LOL
Context: Dr. Kenneth Blanchard's protocol.

sweetpeat

I wonder if NDT might work for this, since the hormones are released slowly as it's being digested. You'd just need to keep in mind that you're getting some t4 from the NDT when you consider your overall t4 dose.

I think Blanchard mentions using NDT with some of his patients, but I can't remember what he says about it. HIs book is on my Kindle which is loaned out at the moment.

OP
P

Peater Pan

I wonder if NDT might work for this, since the hormones are released slowly as it's being digested. You'd just need to keep in mind that you're getting some t4 from the NDT when you consider your overall t4 dose.

I think Blanchard mentions using NDT with some of his patients, but I can't remember what he says about it. HIs book is on my Kindle which is loaned out at the moment.
Thanks. I believe Blanchard still recommends compounding the NDT for sustained release of the T3. He would typically prescribe 2.5 mg of NDT per 25 mcg of T4. I don't believe hormones bound to thyroglobulin in NDT are sufficient to replicate sustained release. Certainly slower distribution than synthetic though. I found this article quite good: Ken Blanchard's thyroid T3 method | Voyage to Health I believe the author was a medical student?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom