Distinguishing Between Cortisol And Thyroid

Dean

Naninani, I'll have to follow that more closely. I've been Peating for over 3 years, but just started taking temps and pulse this week when I started the thyromax. I know Peat says some people do better or need higher ratios of carbs to protein. I've always thought I did better with more protein, but never checked the vitals to confirm. I've been eating at least 2:1, carbs:protein though, will have to track that more closely.

I'm not talking a huge jump in pulse or drop in temps. Pulse has been upper 70's to mid 80's going up to upper 80's or 90 right after meal. My temp has been around 100. A little above upon waking, a little below throughout most of day. Dropping closer to 98 right after meal. So, I know I'm running a little feverish.

Parsifal

What if your temp goes down, but your pulse goes up after eating?

I've been taking 35-50k iu of vitamin a for a few months now and just added 2 drops of tyromax this week. I've seen a complete reversal of lifelong issues with cold Hands and feet and the feeling of cold from the inside out, so I know I'm getting some thyroid boost. Falling to sleep is becoming an issue though and with the after eating temp/pulse thing plus the fact that my temps are the highest upon waking would that be indicative of high cortisol?

I'm wondering if I should try adding a larger dose of thyromax before bed or perhaps scale back the A before upping the tyromax dose? Too high of an A dose has given me hyper thyroid type symptoms (this was before I started thyromax.). Taking more of my A, in the form of more estroban doses, has enabled me to tolerate more A. Something Haidut attributes, I believe, to the increased E.

How have you been doing? Thyromax works like wonder for a lot of my issues but I have more difficulties to fall asleep as well.

ddjd

I called into herb doctors, asking about eye pain with t4. Rp said t4 can basically result in increased cortisol and NO. BUT many other symptoms improve on thyroid. Im thinking my blood sugar may be getting low. Can cortisol drive temps into the 98s? How else can i distinguish between thhroid and cortisol in terms of observable factors, will heart rate becoe as high on the cortisol as thyroid? Rp suggested t3 but i feel i metabolize t4 well and dont like tbe feeling of t3.
t3 can definitely raise cortisol also

jitsmonkey

one way you can distinguish between stress driven pulse/temp and non stress driven pulse/temp
by taking pulse/temp pre/post breakfast. If eating lowers your pulse/temp you've broken the stress cycle.
You ran out of fuel... cortisol/adrenaline/etc rise.... you provide fuel.... the stress cycle retreats.

if you increase metabolism with ANY agent (including thyroid)
and have a shortfall of necessary resources (vits, mins, etc) you are creating documentable stress.
There is no escaping the law of supply and demand.
So its not quite as binary as temp/pulse rising after food = good
temp/pulse lowering after food = bad (you were under stress prior to eating)
food quality will matter as well. ie. you can eat a bucket of fish oil and lower your pulse/temp as well.
However by paying attention/tracking food, etc you will develop a clear picture of what's on the stress side
and whats on the non stress side.

Arrade

I called into herb doctors, asking about eye pain with t4. Rp said t4 can basically result in increased cortisol and NO. BUT many other symptoms improve on thyroid. Im thinking my blood sugar may be getting low. Can cortisol drive temps into the 98s? How else can i distinguish between thhroid and cortisol in terms of observable factors, will heart rate becoe as high on the cortisol as thyroid? Rp suggested t3 but i feel i metabolize t4 well and dont like tbe feeling of t3.
Idk why but it seems t4 medication can cause estrogen to rise in several individuals. That is the current problem I'm dealing with

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals