[Discussion] Raising Body Temperature

Elize

Hans Thanks. Would high salt reduce cortisol? I tried an adrenal cocktail with lots of Salt and Orange juice and became jittery. I wake up around 12 pm and again at 3 am every night/morning.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

Thanks for the reply.

And do you follow this aspirin regimen now or a similar variation or have you in the past?

Thank you
I have in the past, but not anymore. But I will do it again soon as part of a T boosting protocol.

@methylenwhite

That protocol that you shared--is that a daily protocol or a one off thing?

Thanks
Im trying to do it daily. In the beginning I wasnt able to cope with side effect daily so its was some thing like 1 day and after 2 days off. The worst and seems to me the only noticeable was lactate overaccumulation even with addition of b1 250mg. After starting bag breathing and baking soda this issue is virtually non existing even if I stay uncoupled 24/7.

Doses of 300 to 650 mg of aspirin have a half-life of 3.1 to 3.2 hours. Doses of 1 gram have a half-life of 5 hours and with 2 grams it is increased to about 9 hours.

From Aspirin Comparable To DNP As Mitochondrial Uncoupler
"oral doses of aspirin needed to achieve the optimal concentration of 0.5mM (as shown on the image and other studies) are in the range of 1,000mg-1,500mg as a loading first dose, followed by 500mg every 4-6 hours."

So you'll have to take higher doses yes. But when adding other uncouplers like stearic acid, caffeine, methylene blue, sodium benzoate, etc., you might need less.

Oh yes and forgot to add. It's to be taken daily.

Any info about uncoupling effect of sodium benzoate/benzoic acid? I didnt know it is an uncoupler. I use it to lower ammonia. Seem to lift the brain fog.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@methylenwhite @Hans

Thanks for the tip on the 1 g of Aspirin

Before, as I said, I was taking about 81 mg cut from a whole tab of 325 mg by cutting a whole 325 tab down into quarters and taking those once per day.

Yesterday, I tried taking 3 325 mg tabs ground up (totally just shy of 1 g) and dissolved in some OJ and water (just what I threw into a cup, I don't know why). Immediately after I took the aspirin my ankles finally warmed up after weeks of dealing with cold-ish ankles but warm enough hands and feet. After my ankles warmed, my toes felt cold. I don't know why that is. I didn't like it very much. After the initial reaction, later in the evening, I did not feel good; I felt cold and miserable. I don't think the aspirin had anything to do with that but it could have been a reaction.

This morning, with breakfast I took 3 325 mg crushed and somewhat dissolved tabs in water with breakfast (cheese with toast) and my temperature rose slightly from 98.3 F to 98.6 F. This could be some sort of sign I'm on the right track.

My goal is to hit a comfortable 98.4-98.6 F without cold hands and feet or ankles. Same goal as everyone else I suppose.

Right now, hot showers are the best thing to raise my body temperature. I take one upon rising which boosts my temperature from my rising temperature of 97.7 F to 98.3-98.6 F. Then I take one 1.5 hours before bed (usually at 9 PM). With breakfast, I'll continue to take 1 g of aspirin until I start to see any adverse reactions. I make take a day off here and there to gauge my response without 1 g of aspirin.

I also purchased some C60. We'll see how that goes.

All I want is to stop feeling cold. It's miserable. Ugh.

Thanks for your input guys.

Edit: Morning temperature after breakfast and 1 g of aspirin rose slightly from 98.3 to 98.6 F.

Afternoon oral temperature 15 minutes after eating lunch is 98.8 F. Ankles are still chilly--but slightly better. Not sure what the issue is, but at least I'm making progress with the core temp by upping aspirin to 1 g.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans Thanks. Would high salt reduce cortisol? I tried an adrenal cocktail with lots of Salt and Orange juice and became jittery. I wake up around 12 pm and again at 3 am every night/morning.
Salt should help lower cortisol yes, but if the elevated cortisol is not due to low salt intake, salt might not lower it all that effective. Waking up regularly is just a sign of bad glycogen storage. Do you eat enough? Have you done some blood tests for thyroid?

Hans

Forum Supporter
@methylenwhite @Hans

Before, as I said, I was taking about 81 mg cut from a whole tab of 325 mg by cutting a whole 325 tab down into quarters and taking those once per day.

Yesterday, I tried taking 3 325 mg tabs ground up (totally just shy of 1 g) and dissolved in some OJ and water (just what I threw into a cup, I don't know why). Immediately after I took the aspirin my ankles finally warmed up after weeks of dealing with cold-ish ankles but warm enough hands and feet. After my ankles warmed, my toes felt cold. I don't know why that is. I didn't like it very much. After the initial reaction, later in the evening, I did not feel good; I felt cold and miserable. I don't think the aspirin had anything to do with that but it could have been a reaction.

This morning, with breakfast I took 3 325 mg crushed and somewhat dissolved tabs in water with breakfast (cheese with toast) and my temperature rose slightly from 98.3 F to 98.6 F. This could be some sort of sign I'm on the right track.

My goal is to hit a comfortable 98.4-98.6 F without cold hands and feet or ankles. Same goal as everyone else I suppose.

Right now, hot showers are the best thing to raise my body temperature. I take one upon rising which boosts my temperature from my rising temperature of 97.7 F to 98.3-98.6 F. Then I take one 1.5 hours before bed (usually at 9 PM). With breakfast, I'll continue to take 1 g of aspirin until I start to see any adverse reactions. I make take a day off here and there to gauge my response without 1 g of aspirin.

Add some stearic acid when using the C60. Those two go synergistically together, plus stearic acid is also an uncoupler and improves mitochondrial fusion and function. If you can tolerate caffeine, take some as that will also increase temps. And then finally, you can add in some methylene blue to improve cellular function and uncoupling.

Last edited:
@methylenwhite @Hans

Edit: Morning temperature after breakfast and 1 g of aspirin rose slightly from 98.3 to 98.6 F.

Afternoon oral temperature 15 minutes after eating lunch is 98.8 F. Ankles are still chilly--but slightly better. Not sure what the issue is, but at least I'm making progress with the core temp by upping aspirin to 1 g.

I had similar reaction like cold feet and hands, general unease and stressed state 2 years ago when i started uncoupling experiment. A year ago an uncoupling dose of aspirin was giving me inability to maintain erection for two days after dosing. Now it gives pleasurable warm and my bonner is strong on aspirin.

Things are pretty good temperature wise. Still not quite at 98F. When I wake but getting closer. I am 98.8 now, after dinner.

I am taking 120mcg of T4 daily, and maybe 30mcg of T3 during the day, maybe more. I take 6mcg every few hours.

When I started all this, nothing worked. Not T3 reliably brings up my temperatures.

i am very paranoid about not being cold. I often sleep with a cap on. It has been working very well. It took

A Richfield style reset or two

Monitoring my temps and HR all the time

PUFA depletion over time

Fixing gut issues

This stuff can take a few years. It has for me and it is still going on.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@Hans @methylenwhite

Update:

Saturday, I took 1 g of aspirin and by the end of the day my temp. dropped to 97.7 F like it has been for the recent past, but I felt really cold. However, I concluded I don't think this had to do with the aspirin and it might have just been something else that I did or didn't do.

Sunday, I took 1 mg of aspirin in the morning with breakfast, then I took about 500 mg of aspirin (1.5 325 mg tablets) 6 hours later (per your guys' suggestion) and I felt better but my temp still dropped to approx. 97.7 F in the evening but I didn't feel particularly cold like I did yesterday. I did everything the same: morning shower upon rising, breakfast, lunch, 30 minute walk for exercise, dinner, and evening shower 1.5 hours before bed.

Monday, I took 1 g of aspirin in the morning, another approx 500 mg of aspirin 6 hours later, then I took another 650 mg right before bed (2 325 mg tablets). The results were very good. Today (Tuesday morning), upon rising my temperature was 98.3 F as soon as I got up out of bed and it hasn't dropped at all once and I feel so warm and my heart is pounding very strong while I do light chores around the house. My temp rose to 98.9 F after cleaning my bathroom (scrubbing, moving around, nothing intense). Wow.

Today (Tuesday), I plan on taking a lot more aspirin and I guess see what happens. I heard the recommendation somewhere (maybe it was Ray) that I should take something until symptoms disappear and no more, implying not to take any more than what's needed by taking an amount until the symptoms disappear and titrate downward until the symptoms appear and take just above that amount. So I guess I'm going to experiment with a regularly administered dose and see what I need in order to hover around 98.3 F throughout the day.

Anything to stop my ankles and feet from feeling cold! Yeesh.

My only concern is aspirin at this dose might be detrimental, but I have no idea. There is a lot of conflicting research on aspirin and it's quite confusing, so I'm trying to wade through the research now to reduce risk.

Thanks again guys for the suggestion.

I can't say if this will work for everyone--to raise their temp.--but this, so far, has been very effective and has addressed whatever was causing my temp to hover so low despite whatever I did to adjust my diet (reducing PUFA, drinking coffee, adding in tons of milk, cheese, and OJ, etc.).

I have done some things in the past that eventually stopped working after time. I'm not sure if this will be the same, but I may provide an update if I feel like an update is warranted if the effect changes for the better or worse.

For now, I will say to others reading this thread: If you have a temp. issue, consider experimenting with larger than typical aspirin doses.

It should also be stated that, I read the Directions on my aspirin bottle and even taking 2,150 mg of aspirin, or 2.15 g, (3 325 mg tablets in the AM, 1.5 325 mg tablets in the PM, and 4 325 mg tablets in the evening), I was still well within the recommended amount per the official Directions for Use on the bottle. The Directions for Use state that one shouldn't take more than 12 325 mg tablets per 24 hours. I took the equivalent of 6 tablets in a 24-hour period. So, still within safe measures even according to the official Directions for Use (for those who care to know).

Even then, I think that amount--12 325 mg tablets in a 24-hour period--is conservative and you could probably get away with taking more, but please be careful if you do decide to do this. Just take it slow and titrate up cautiously to be on the safe side.

Also: I didn't experience any stomach discomfort at all or any other side effects.

For now, I will continue experimenting with moderate amounts of regularly dosed aspirin.

Thanks again guys. I'll provide another update if warranted or when enough time passes to confirm if I'm still getting the same effect.

@jzeno Im glad you're feeling better. Keep in touch.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans @methylenwhite

Update:

Saturday, I took 1 g of aspirin and by the end of the day my temp. dropped to 97.7 F like it has been for the recent past, but I felt really cold. However, I concluded I don't think this had to do with the aspirin and it might have just been something else that I did or didn't do.

Sunday, I took 1 mg of aspirin in the morning with breakfast, then I took about 500 mg of aspirin (1.5 325 mg tablets) 6 hours later (per your guys' suggestion) and I felt better but my temp still dropped to approx. 97.7 F in the evening but I didn't feel particularly cold like I did yesterday. I did everything the same: morning shower upon rising, breakfast, lunch, 30 minute walk for exercise, dinner, and evening shower 1.5 hours before bed.

Monday, I took 1 g of aspirin in the morning, another approx 500 mg of aspirin 6 hours later, then I took another 650 mg right before bed (2 325 mg tablets). The results were very good. Today (Tuesday morning), upon rising my temperature was 98.3 F as soon as I got up out of bed and it hasn't dropped at all once and I feel so warm and my heart is pounding very strong while I do light chores around the house. My temp rose to 98.9 F after cleaning my bathroom (scrubbing, moving around, nothing intense). Wow.

Today (Tuesday), I plan on taking a lot more aspirin and I guess see what happens. I heard the recommendation somewhere (maybe it was Ray) that I should take something until symptoms disappear and no more, implying not to take any more than what's needed by taking an amount until the symptoms disappear and titrate downward until the symptoms appear and take just above that amount. So I guess I'm going to experiment with a regularly administered dose and see what I need in order to hover around 98.3 F throughout the day.

Anything to stop my ankles and feet from feeling cold! Yeesh.

My only concern is aspirin at this dose might be detrimental, but I have no idea. There is a lot of conflicting research on aspirin and it's quite confusing, so I'm trying to wade through the research now to reduce risk.

Thanks again guys for the suggestion.

I can't say if this will work for everyone--to raise their temp.--but this, so far, has been very effective and has addressed whatever was causing my temp to hover so low despite whatever I did to adjust my diet (reducing PUFA, drinking coffee, adding in tons of milk, cheese, and OJ, etc.).

I have done some things in the past that eventually stopped working after time. I'm not sure if this will be the same, but I may provide an update if I feel like an update is warranted if the effect changes for the better or worse.

For now, I will say to others reading this thread: If you have a temp. issue, consider experimenting with larger than typical aspirin doses.

It should also be stated that, I read the Directions on my aspirin bottle and even taking 2,150 mg of aspirin, or 2.15 g, (3 325 mg tablets in the AM, 1.5 325 mg tablets in the PM, and 4 325 mg tablets in the evening), I was still well within the recommended amount per the official Directions for Use on the bottle. The Directions for Use state that one shouldn't take more than 12 325 mg tablets per 24 hours. I took the equivalent of 6 tablets in a 24-hour period. So, still within safe measures even according to the official Directions for Use (for those who care to know).

Even then, I think that amount--12 325 mg tablets in a 24-hour period--is conservative and you could probably get away with taking more, but please be careful if you do decide to do this. Just take it slow and titrate up cautiously to be on the safe side.

Also: I didn't experience any stomach discomfort at all or any other side effects.

For now, I will continue experimenting with moderate amounts of regularly dosed aspirin.

Thanks again guys. I'll provide another update if warranted or when enough time passes to confirm if I'm still getting the same effect.
Glad your doing better. You can take a bit of bicarb with the aspirin to prevent any negatives on the stomach. It would also be good to take some glycine, vit C (aspirin reduces vit c in the gut. OJ would probably be enough if you drink a fair amount of it daily), and K2 (1mg K2 for every 325mg aspirin) on the same days as taking aspirin. If you do want to scale back on the aspirin in the future, you can add other uncouplers too.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Update

Just want to thank you guys (@Hans and @methylenwhite) for the contribution you guys made to this thread. Before I was taking a very small amount of aspirin and I wasn't getting much results but I was afraid to push the envelope. I decided to take a bit more over the past few days and my body temperature has responded really well.

I'm not completely done (ankles still get a bit chilly now and again), but I am so much better then I was just a few days ago. Some days I was so miserable I just wanted to lay on my couch and do nothing until I mustered up enough will power to take a hot shower, but then I would feel resentful because I knew it was impractical to take a shower anytime I felt cold. That would be a totally impractical way to live life and expect any sense of normalcy. Now, my temp. does not drop below 98.2 F and before I started this experiment my temp, if I hadn't eaten something warm or recently taken a shower, could be as low as 97.7 F. Wow.

Before this, I had tried everything from a diet point of view: Lactose-free milk, cheese, hot meals, coconut oil, hot beverages and nothing seemed to give me lasting results. I'm still not really sure what uncoupling entirely means, but now I know it's more important than I previously thought and I'll take some time to study it more and pay attention to your guys' other suggestions.

I should probably note I haven't experienced any side effects--nothing in my stomach, nothing related to stools or otherwise.

I'm grateful you guys were willing to pop in here and push aspirin as an idea. I was skeptical at first, but I gave it a shot. I also have some C60, magnesium, and some vitamin E on the way, too. Hopefully that will help a tad with this project and bump me along to an even better place.

A few days ago, I took about 3 325 tabs with breakfast, then 4 full tabs 4 to 5 hours later for lunch and I got a mild pain in my head--not like a typical headache, but definitely just kind of a dull throbbing in a weird spot in the upper side of my head. Do you have any experience or knowledge of that? Since then I haven't taken as many tabs, because I didn't see any more results, so I figure 3 tabs per meal will do me just fine. I'll experiment with more again a little bit later and see if I observe anything.

Right now, I'm taking about 3 full tabs per meal and then about 2 tabs right before bed (sometimes 3, but very rarely). The aspirin before bed has totally improved my sleep! Game changing! Much more restful upon waking up. Amazing! Highly, highly recommended--just 2 tabs before bed and nothing more throughout the day would be a great regimen. Holy cow. Great!

Thanks again guys.

I'll post another update once I get those other supplements and see if they help out at all.

All the best.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@Hans

Uncoupling: Secret to Fat loss and Health

Is this your website? Just curious

Not sure what the headache was due to. Just a one-off thing I believe or maybe like a "I'm going through a new thing for the first time in a long time" reaction. It hasn't persisted so I don't believe it is related to the aspirin dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals