Discovering You Actually DID Have A Disease or Illness Even Though Your CBC Was Normal?

DMF

How likely is this to happen?
Is it O.K. to keep haranguing your DOC for more/further specific tests beyond the scope of a CBC because you know you're not well?

yerrag

There's more to being unwell than just looking at a CBC. And doctors use the standard of care reference, which is very forgiving, and based on that no red flags are raised when there should be.

At home, you can check your temperature. You can also test your thyroid state (using a personal ECG), you can test your acid base balance (using very affordable pH test strips) and you can even test how well your blood sugar is regulated (using an affordable glucose meter). You can also tell if your blood is acidic by measuring your breath rate as a proxy for blood sugar pH. All these things cannot be seen by a CBC, although a CBC can tell you things these tests don't.

Since doctors are stuck to methods they learned at their medical schools in which the curriculum is shaped by big pharma interests, what they learn and apply is certainly not about fixing and curing you, but to make you depend on drugs that alleviate one condition only to cause another condition. So you end up on a personal journey that doesn't differ from being in a pachinko parlor playing a game of whack-a-mole.

My advice, which nobody here likes to follow anyway - because people like pushbutton convenience of a simple but useless test like HbA1c or a thyroid panel that does squat - is to start doing your own testing at home, and add a few tests like CBC - you can avoid a wild goose chase in rabbit holes created by the establishment.

ironfist

Live in the US? Order your own from marekhealth.com, jasonhealth.com, or ultalabtests.com. There are others but the prices are higher.

OP
D

DMF

There's more to being unwell than just looking at a CBC. And doctors use the standard of care reference, which is very forgiving, and based on that no red flags are raised when there should be.

At home, you can check your temperature. You can also test your thyroid state (using a personal ECG), you can test your acid base balance (using very affordable pH test strips) and you can even test how well your blood sugar is regulated (using an affordable glucose meter). You can also tell if your blood is acidic by measuring your breath rate as a proxy for blood sugar pH. All these things cannot be seen by a CBC, although a CBC can tell you things these tests don't.

Since doctors are stuck to methods they learned at their medical schools in which the curriculum is shaped by big pharma interests, what they learn and apply is certainly not about fixing and curing you, but to make you depend on drugs that alleviate one condition only to cause another condition. So you end up on a personal journey that doesn't differ from being in a pachinko parlor playing a game of whack-a-mole.

My advice, which nobody here likes to follow anyway - because people like pushbutton convenience of a simple but useless test like HbA1c or a thyroid panel that does squat - is to start doing your own testing at home, and add a few tests like CBC - you can avoid a wild goose chase in rabbit holes created by the establishment.
I suppose I could start if there was a good reliable home test kit for urinalysis - know of any?
I know I'm not well at times - diabetic like symptoms, bloating, whole body turned inside out feeling, but also reality.

yerrag

I suppose I could start if there was a good reliable home test kit for urinalysis - know of any?
I know I'm not well at times - diabetic like symptoms, bloating, whole body turned inside out feeling, but also reality.
There are test strips for urine that measure many things, and they may be fine although they don't test for bacteria. What are you looking to test with urinalysis? Glucose it would test for, but usually they are for diabetics where the blood sugar is so high that sugar has to be excreted through urine. But the absence of glucose in urine does not mean you don't have blood sugar problems though. It just says you're not in a super bad state.

OP
D

DMF

There are test strips for urine that measure many things, and they may be fine although they don't test for bacteria. What are you looking to test with urinalysis? Glucose it would test for, but usually they are for diabetics where the blood sugar is so high that sugar has to be excreted through urine. But the absence of glucose in urine does not mean you don't have blood sugar problems though. It just says you're not in a super bad state.
I believe that during episodes of horrible stress, my kidneys shut down, or become impaired in a way where they are not functioning (filtering) properly, that perhaps, salt is not metabolized, or there's other wacky hormonal stuff going on. I've had blood tests done during these episodes and my cortisol levels were higher than usual, as well as thyroid levels lower than usual, but they bounce back when the stress is over.
'Can't seem to convince the Doc's something(s) are wrong.

yerrag

I believe that during episodes of horrible stress, my kidneys shut down, or become impaired in a way where they are not functioning (filtering) properly, that perhaps, salt is not metabolized, or there's other wacky hormonal stuff going on. I've had blood tests done during these episodes and my cortisol levels were higher than usual, as well as thyroid levels lower than usual, but they bounce back when the stress is over.
'Can't seem to convince the Doc's something(s) are wrong.
You can't convince doctors of much of anything. Most would think you are presumptuous in thinking you can theorize about anything related to your health. And most of the time, they are right. But then, they are often incapable either of helping you.

Can you talk more about why you think this is a kidney health issue?

So you have high cortisol and you have blood sugar problems then. A CBC alone is not enough data in looking more into your problems.

OP
D

DMF

You can't convince doctors of much of anything. Most would think you are presumptuous in thinking you can theorize about anything related to your health. And most of the time, they are right. But then, they are often incapable either of helping you.

Can you talk more about why you think this is a kidney health issue?

So you have high cortisol and you have blood sugar problems then. A CBC alone is not enough data in looking more into your problems.

OP
D

DMF

My urine has an odd unusual oder - but not always just after/during episodes.

yerrag

My urine has an odd unusual oder - but not always just after/during episodes.
Let me try making sense out of that.

High cortisol may be due to low blood sugar. Low blood sugar makes you stressed.

If you have low blood sugar, this means poor blood sugar regulation. Which could be because your tissues are not absorbing sugar as well as it should. It may be caused by low potassium stores or low thyroid or poor sugar metabolism.

With poor sugar metabolism, you may be producing more lactic acid from relying on glycolysis instead of mitochondrial oxidation for sugar metabolism. And you produce more lactic acid than ideal, and less CO2 than ideal. Or you may be relying a lot on fat metabolism, which produces more keto acids than ideal. All this leads to poot acid base balance.

CO2 is a very important buffer agent and lacking that you acid base balance is easily going to sway and not be stable at a homeostatic range.

The urine will be likely be excreting more acid to try to get rid of excess acidity. And if you're not too acidic, like falling over the cliff acidic, you'll have enough hydrogen ions in your blood to produce ammonium that is needed to pair with acidic anions such such lactate in order to be able to excrete ammonium salts thru urine.

The odorous smell could be from ammonia.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals