Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): A Biochemical Swiss Army Knife In Neuroinflammation And Neuroprotection?

Mauritio

Peat said that "agonizing" certain receptors like 5-HT1 actually has a negative feedback mechanism on serotonin release so it leads to reduced synthesis of serotonin and increase in dopamine. The Wikipedia page sort of backs up this claim of Peat by saying agonizing the 5-HT1 receptor triggers dopamine release, hence the effects of agonists like lisuride and bromocriptine on Parkinson's and schizophrenia.
5-HT1A receptor - Wikipedia

"...5-HT1A receptor activation has been shown to increase dopamine release in the medial prefrontal cortex, striatum, and hippocampus, and may be useful for improving the symptoms of schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease.[33][34] As mentioned above, some of the atypical antipsychotics are 5-HT1A receptor partial agonists, and this property has been shown to enhance their clinical efficacy.[33][35][36] Enhancement of dopamine release in these areas may also play a major role in the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects seen upon postsynaptic activation of the 5-HT1A receptor.[37][38]"
I just found this quote by haidut which explains what I felt . Like I said dmt feels more like lisuride and actually lisuride is also an agonist at 5ht1a...

J

james2388

I'd rather stick to nicotine or any of the other numerous substances and not be in possession, manufacturing or under the influence of a schedule 1 drug. Would hate for a forum member to buy acacia confusa and hurt themselves chemically, or produce an impure and neurotoxic substance and have their friend or themselves get injured by it and face criminal charges....

ddjd

DMT is no joke. i would not be playing around with it like a supplement. taking it can be a life-changing or life-shattering experience depending on how the "trip" goes

Mauritio

DMT is no joke. i would not be playing around with it like a supplement. taking it can be a life-changing or life-shattering experience depending on how the "trip" goes
Yeah agreed kind of . I do find its low dose properties, like Lsd , pretty interesting.

orewashin

Atropine is no joke. I think it's far more dangerous than DMT.

J

james2388

The only drugs that I have no problem with is caffeine and nicotine. Everything else you are asking for damage from serotonin, anticholinergics, and autonomic stress within the central nervous system.

orewashin

The only drugs that I have no problem with is caffeine and nicotine. Everything else you are asking for damage from serotonin, anticholinergics, and autonomic stress within the central nervous system.
What about alcohol?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom