DIM

gretchen

Should we take that cruciferous veggie supplement di-indole methane (DIM), or is the carrot a better way to detoxify excess estrogen?

Ingenol

noblessoblige said:
Should we take that cruciferous veggie supplement di-indole methane (DIM), or is the carrot a better way to detoxify excess estrogen?
I'm eating Paleo (not Peat) at the moment, albeit very low PUFA. 30 year-old male with suspected poor stress adaptation/dark circles/trouble sleeping through the night/diffuse hair thinning. I did not have any labs done to verify or suggest that I have an estrogen metabolism problem, but I did try DIM with calcium d-glucarate (also supposed to support healthy estrogen processing and detox excess estrogen). It did not seem to make a difference for me, but nor did I notice any negative side effects.

mdimarco

I double the dose reccomended before applying testosterone cream and it prevents nipple swelling that the test cream causes. I'm a dude with gyno btw.

Rachel

gretchen said:
DIM helps promote a healthy ratio of “good” 2-hydroxy estrone and estriol to “negative” 16-hydroxy estrone.
Reminds me of folks trying to balance their PUFA intake. :roll:
The carrot helps eliminate estrogen. I'd definitely go for the carrot.

OP
G

gretchen

Rachel said:
gretchen said:
DIM helps promote a healthy ratio of “good” 2-hydroxy estrone and estriol to “negative” 16-hydroxy estrone.

I think I first read about DIM in the late 90s........ Interesting the public has never heard about the anti-estrogen benefit of carrots, and probably never will.

nwo2012

gretchen said:
Rachel said:
gretchen said:

I think I first read about DIM in the late 90s........ Interesting the public has never heard about the anti-estrogen benefit of carrots, and probably never will.

Because the sheeple.....I mean public, is led to the slaughter......I mean led to believe that estrogen is good for you.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Good to see you nwo!

mdimarco

Not only does DIM improve the ratio of "good to bad" estrogen, it also lessens conversion of testosterone to estrogen (anti-aromatase). How does the carrot lower estrogen exactly?

mimi

I'd be interested in more detailed answers about DIM, too... ;)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
DIM stands for diindoylmethane. I took it when I went to the function medicine doctor that also had me eating paleo, taking bioidentical estrogen, forgot to tell me the results of a seriously abnormal lab for 10 months and generally contributed to me becoming emaciated. I can't say much for or against the supplement personally because I was so sick when I took it. I would be wary of it possibly disrupting thyroid function since it is related to cruciferous vegetables. Also the methane potion of the name gives me pause. Carrots seem so much simpler, cheaper and straight forward in their action. I always wonder about obscure supplements.

TeslaFan

DIM is an Aromatase inhibitor. People taking synthetic AI drugs may want to check it out. It's very strong AI, and with practically no side effects.

With all due respect to carrot, these are not comparable in terms of reducing estrogen. DIM is a different thing serving a different purpose.

Constatine

This is perhaps the best solution of all, I think much better than DIM or calcium d-glucarate

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/kick-****-experience-with-white-button-mushrooms.17812/

steel_reserve

I tried DIM a few years ago.

I slept more soundly (normally flopped around like a fish).

I got muscles out of nowhere. Doing something simple like a pull up went from normally painful to addictively pleasureable.

My penis got super hard (again, not normal). DIM turned me from grower to show-er.

I don't make prefluid, but on DIM it just poured out.

My chiropractor got a lot more "crack" out of my spine. ( I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.)

After a few weeks I started getting heart arrythmia. So much for that.

Last edited:

ddjd

DIM is an Aromatase inhibitor. People taking synthetic AI drugs may want to check it out. It's very strong AI, and with practically no side effects.

With all due respect to carrot, these are not comparable in terms of reducing estrogen. DIM is a different thing serving a different purpose.
Why did the person below get arythmia?

steel_reserve

If I eat too much salt it makes my heart go crazy. My doc said although it feels like a skipped beat it is a actually a beat that is too early (no "pump" was felt from it) and the next pump in line has a much larger volume of blood to pump.

I have read that DIM affects sodium levels, but I'm not sure if it raises them, lowers them, or increases/decreases uptake.

Saphire

Hello,tyr
I just got lab work back. My Estrone is very High and so is my testosterone. My doctor wants me to try DIM. Any suggestions on the best product to use. I have tried the carrots for 1 1/2 years and bamboo shoots with no help in eliminating estrogen dominance. Ready to try the DIM and D-glucarate. ~Thanks