DIM, Glucarate, And Betaine For Detoxing Estrogen

Aleeri

Not sure this protocol is that great. Some people like myself have lower COMT enzyme activity (I'm Met/Met), so methylation is slower and supplementing with methyl donors such as betaine does not necessarily make it faster, it can actually cause an overload of methyl donors which causes side effects such as anxiety.

Aleeri

After some experimentation, calcium d glucarate really does work. But I don't like DIM at all

Calcium D Glucarate does indeed work, the problem is it detoxes all hormones, not only estrogen. But if you are estrogen dominant it's good to use for awhile.
DIM is an anti-androgen so I think that is probably one of the worst ways to balance estrogen, especially when used in large amounts.

Personally, I think Vitamin E, Progesterone, Aspirin and Nicotine are the best for estrogen reduction. I've had great results with these on labs.

Inaut

honestly, one of the best things for detoxing estrogen is d-limonene from my experience.......... tmi but since i've been taking about 2gs daily for about 2 months now, my nocturnal erections and morning wood is like when i was a teenager.. (im 30 btw)... cleaning the liver up is numero uno i think

Motif

honestly, one of the best things for detoxing estrogen is d-limonene from my experience.......... tmi but since i've been taking about 2gs daily for about 2 months now, my nocturnal erections and morning wood is like when i was a teenager.. (im 30 btw)... cleaning the liver up is numero uno i think

What did you try before that and how long did it take til it worked ?

Inaut

pretty much everything man..I don't know where to start...

I've been on the road of healing digestive/gut/liver/gall bladder problems for like 6 years now....

It wasn't until i started using limonene that my gallbladder/liver pains started going away. I can make it through an entire day without a gallbladder spasm...

Currently my main supplement stack is:

magnesium carbonate
zinc citrate
msm
gelatin
taurine
vitamin d3-5000IU
vit k2 -2mg
creatine -5 gs aday

caffeine-100mg post workout with dextrose in OJ

and d limonene and organic orange oil

i also make a drink with half a lemon, 1-2 tbsp of acv, 1/2 tsp of ginger powder, maple syrup or honey, and a touch of bs.....twice a day

cleaning my guts out but it's worth it

oh yea and rebounding 40-50 min a day spread out. my apologies for detracting from OP but this is what i've been using and find it most effect. i think i can maintain this regiment as well.

forgot my staple tea---pau d'arco

Motif

@Inaut

Super Intersting. Rebounding helped me too, but why is that? Helped for my itchy scalp. I thought it's a Lymph thing probably.

What are or were your symptoms?

Did you try progesterone? Dim?
Didn't help you?

Oh and what is creatine for if not for strength effects?

Motif

@Inaut

Oh one more thing. Why you know it's the d Limonene that helps most when you take that much stuff ?

Inaut

atp, gut health and dht is why i take creatine.

i've never taken progesterone nor dim. I'm very cautious about using hormones. Probably won't ever. just try to get my liver processing toxins as best as i can....

symptoms were severe digestive problems (ulcer in esophagus and duodenum), acid reflux, hair loss, depression, lack of confidence....

Inaut

@Inaut

Oh one more thing. Why you know it's the d Limonene that helps most when you take that much stuff ?

Good question. I think when I started taking d limonene, bowel movements started changing, depression started lifting, gallbladder pain began easing, dreaming became more vivid and as I said, more nocturnal erections. That was something that was gone for quite a few years... I though it was normal

Waremu

Betaine (and choline) helps 'detox' estrogen by supporting the broader methylation system/pathways, in which case excess estrogen can be methylated and cleared. This of course requires and is in conjunction to other nutrients needed to support methylation and the bodies phase detoxification pathways.

Motif

@Waremu

Betaine hcl does this too? I have to take this for my weak digestion.

@Inaut

How long did you take d limonene til this effects appeared ?

You want more dht? I started creatine too a few weeks ago.

Hair loss , but in combination with dermatitis is an issue for me too. That improved?

And do you know why rebounding helps ?

Inaut

@Motif other than moving the lymph, I’d say rebounding helps move excess water out of the cell which would affect pH. I could be way off base there though. Just my thoughts

how do you take the d-limonene?