Diindolylmethane Causing Weight Gain?

nattyjules

I've been an on and off user of DIM (Dim-Plus brand) for acne/estrogen dominance, but this most recent spell of use has left me wondering if it has actually contibuted to mid section weight gain? I have PCOS with elevated androgens, which a source indicates I may not be a good candidate for this supplement.

Has anyone else had this experience? I was dosing with Progest-E but since moving to Australia I've had to rely on USP progesterone cream.

Thankfully my doctor here has now put me on a T3 only protocol (20mcg twice a day) as T4 wasn't doing anything for me. I've also started in metformin for insulin resistance - my lab results for blood sugar was 5.5 (I think).

I have tried eating Peat-ish.

My skin is currently clear and smooth, so I'm hesitant to drop the diindolylmethane - but this mid section weight gain is really frustrating!

Any insight would be appreciated :)

Progesterone cream may be ineffective for various reasons. Applied and stored in fat cells, lacking systemic distribution, includes estrogenic parabens maybe. There are other culprits besides DIM

DesertRat

DIM affects a stage in the liver's processing of estrogen called hydroxylation. It helps shift the binding to a certain carbon which makes it easier to excrete the estrogen and limits the re-absorption of estrogen. Some say DIM works against thyroid. My doc says he hasn't seen a single case out of 600 where that has happened.
I used to take it with no problems; recently it started irritating my psoriasis though. There's a lot of complex stuff going on we don't understand.
Theoretically, lowering excess estrogen should not create weight gain, but you'll have to experiment, on and off with it, to see whether it is the guilty culprit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals